Massachusetts Institute of Technology

« See more reviews of Massachusetts Institute of Technology

MIT is impossible. It stretches you beyond all of your limits. You go for days without sleeping, you stare at numbers and equations until you lose your writing abilities and write, ?He once success,? you eat Chips Ahoy chewies in gross quantities at 3 a.m. When things go badly in a relationship, you can?t break down, because you have an exam to cram for. You laugh, sob, and scream in intervals in your delirium. But in the end, you build an engine, you love someone, you learn to weld, you make bad decisions, and you know yourself.

The fact that you can choose where you live has created unbelievable communities at MIT. We are constantly battling the administration so that we can keep our communities: the people here are what make this school worth it to me. It is truly amazing to live and study and work with so many absurdly smart, collaborative, fascinating, strange, wonderful people.

You can study anything you are interested in. If there is not yet a class or student group devoted to it, you can find a professor who will help you get funding to research it. There is always the opportunity to take your studies a step further and there will be people to help you and support you.

The people. They're all really nice, and the professors and TA's are really easy to talk to. Signing up for classes is also relatively simple, since you can pre-register for as many as you want and drop them as the semester passes. The students are all willing to work together in study groups.

The opportunities to travel abroad and immerse myself in another culture and make sustainable changes is the best experience from MIT. I have travelled to Zambia, India, and Nicaragua and reaching out to another community was an amazing experience and I hope to continue doing this in the future.

The way people work together. Everyone knows MIT is tough, and no one more thqan the students. However, we don;t turn this into an opportunity to out compete others in our class, but instead work together and put all of our very talented minds to work on a very complex problem.

The best thing about my school is how so much opportunties for what a student can do here is abound and plentiful. You are most likely to regret for the things you didn't do rather than regretting what you have done here at MIT.

The atmosphere. The students are a nerdy bunch, and proud of it. They love to talk about science and math-related topics, but they still retain strong personalities - they are nerds, but not annoying geeks.

The people. They're all a little crazy. The people you meet at MIT are the most original and intersting people in the world.

Everyone is very intelligent and are passionate about learning and science. It's something new and pleasant I've never had