Massachusetts Maritime Academy Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Massachusetts Maritime Academy

Kyle

It's pretty. From the sunsets over the bay, to the sunrise behind the Bourne Bridge, to the Training ship's imposing presence. The reflection area near the sea is breathtaking, and there's often people there meditating. The weather is good for most of the year, or as much as anybody could ask in New England. Large ships of all types float quickly by on the canal, and fishermen are ever-present. I appreciate the regimented lifestyle for keeping me honest, and the competitive attitude for keeping me constantly busy, from 0630 until my head hits the pillow at 2300.

Joe

I think this school isn't for one type of person or another. The diversity in philosophies and reasons for being here is truly daunting, and something I still haven't fully comprehended. If I were to generalize the cadets here at the Mass Maritime Academy, I would say that we all possess a drive to get things done to the best of our ability. Some want to get whatever needs to be done right away, others go at much slower, more cautious pace. There's also a drive to make sure that everyone here is part of regiment, and not just on paper. The fraternity, and general respect for one another is something I'm hard pressed to find anywhere else. We all share a common experience as freshmen during our orientation, and we all endure the same struggles of regimentation and rigorous studies. It brings us closer together, which in turn helps us keep each other going in times of struggle or hardship. So I would say my opinion of Mass Maritime is a very good one, and I hope those both in class and in the future will feel the same.