Mayville State University Top Questions

Aubrey

I would tell myself to not hide away in my dorm room. I would tell myself, that I need to go out and meet people! College is not like high school, there are more people, who know nothing about you, so be yourself. Also another thing I would tell myself is, it is okay to go to school as a freshman and not know what you want to do for the rest of your life. Also, spend your money wisely. If you don not really need it, do not buy it! Most importantly, do not skip your classes. You will miss important information if you do not attend your classes regularly.

Shelby

Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could go back in time? If I had that chance, I would talk to my high school self about the importance for preparation and readiness for college. I would tell my high school self to take as many AP courses as I could handle, and I would push my younger self to strive for excellence. It is very easy to settle for a 'B', but I would tell my adolescent version to strive for the 'A'! Struggling is a part of learning, so informing my younger self about how important comprehension of the basic concepts is would be beneficial to a greater level of success in college. I would stress how important the freshman year of college is as far as being an impact on my college GPA for the future. It is crucial to not take the first year lightly from having more independence. But mostly, I would tell myself to stay focused and to keep a positive attitude no matter what, as those qualities will lead to success!

Aubrey

If I could go back to when I was in high school, I would tell myself what I have learned in my first semester in college. One of the biggest things I have learned is go out, don’t stay in your dorm. Go to the events offered on campus. You will get to meet some people, and that is always nice when you go to class and you know at least one person in the class. Another thing is study for tests, even if you did not have to study in high school, college is different, study. When I though about college all I could think about was my parents will not be around to tell me what to do, I can skip class if I want. Go to class, you miss very important information when you skip classes. If you go to a small school teacher take attendance and that is part of your grade. Most importantly is make new friends, they will be there when you need them

Brooke

I would tell myself to save more money. It will become difficult to do things that I would enjoy because I will not have money. Be more careful on what I buy and not to just throw money around. Also, college is not like high school. Then I would tell myself that I would have to study more, and take good notes. College is a big deal and would have to be taken seriously. It is not what all the others say, no parties; it is not all freedom with fun and games. It is hard work and responsibilities. The grades and things you do in college will affect the rest of a person's life. What happens in college will affect everything in your future; this includes jobs.

Kayla

The most valuable advice I would offer myself is to take time to fill out scholarship applications and do the petty work involved with the FAFSA application. I did not do this and later learned that things would have been easier if I had. I would also advise myself to be aware that everyone was raised different and may have a living style other than your own. Becoming involved in clubs and groups on campus is much easier to do when you first start school. As the years progress it gets harder to step out of your comfort zone and meet new people. Don't be afraid to try new things. I spent too much time isolated in my room studying and neglected the opportunity to socialize. I came to find out that moving into the dorms opens up new opportunities to see living styles and personalities that may clash with your own. It would have been nice to know that although you may make friends you don't need to spend all your free time with them. I only allowed myself to socialize with a few people and it inhibited my ability to branch out.

Amber

I would tell myself to be more prepared for college and know what you want to do in the future. Things will turn out a lot better if you prepare yourself for what is to come. It's important to research what field you want to go into and know that is what you want to do for the rest of your life. Sometimes college isn't easy. It can be stressful and also time consuming. It's not cheap to pay for college either. College can be one of the best times of a person's life. You also need to be responsible and know what needs to be done and when it needs to be done. You need to devote time to your classes and do the work that your instructors assign. How ever much you put into your college education is what you're going to get out of it. Live your life to the fullest and experience all that you can while your in college. Form friendships that will last a lifetime. Know who to go to for help. Talk to you're advisor to make sure you're on the right path with your education.

Karen

If I could go back and talk to myself as a senior in high school I would tell myself that no matter how hard you are trying, trying just a little bit harder. Every little bit of effort you give will pay off in the end, but if you are not giving it 110{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} you will not succeed. Do your best and never let anyone, or anything make you think that you are not good enough. If you give it your all, you will be better then someone who only doing half of their best. Take the classes that you would need for your major, if you are going into business, take as many business and computer classes as you can, it will help you not only in your business classes but as well as generals. Pay attention in class, it pays off in the end. But last of all, work hard and do your best at all times!

Vlas

The most important advice I would to myself is to be more organized. It was difficult to me throughout first year in college to organize all courses, do homework on time and be more consistent. Also I would say that that I need to be more serious. I was not responsible enough during freshmen year and I failed two classes because of that. It took extra time and more effort to recover from those mistakes I could avoid by talking to myself in High school. When I graduated from High school I was too frivolous, so the mistakes I’ve made were part of my ‘growing up’ process. So I don’t feel too bad about it, because without these mistakes I wouldn’t become who I am right now. Thank you for your attention! Sincerely, Vlas Shurubko

As a high school senior I was stressed out about how college would be, worried that people would not like me, and how difficult the courses would be. I would advise my senior self to take the offered college English courses to get them out of the way, also the course to get my nursexaid certificate as a way to work through school; both I have taken since college and wished I had seized the opportunity when it was presented. I would let myself know that college is demanding, but other students form study groups, professors are available through email and encourage questions, and free tutoring is availabe through the school by appointment. As far as dress goes everyone throws on sweats and runs to class; it is more important to get that extra hour of sleep than to look like one just came from the run way. As far as classmates go everyone is very accepting, we are all worried about the same things as freshmen; as time goes on we all find our niche just give it at least a month. All in all the best advice I can give is to quit stressing and have some fun.

Brianna

If I could go back to High School now, there are a lot of things I would do differently. In high school I was able to slide by doing the bare minimum, never studying and doing whatever I wanted. My first year or college I had a hard time learning how to study, and actually comprehend what I would read. So, with that said if I could go back I would have payed attention to the “stupid” advising class we had once a week, that taught us study skills, and life skills we would need after high school. I would have taken in the information so I would be able to be a better college student. I would also not skip as much as I did. Skipping made me miss out on a lot of things that I miss now. Looking back and knowing that if I would have put forth more effort, I could have went anywhere I wanted. It really makes me want to go back and get another shot and being the best I can be.

Chelsey

Don't get caught up in the partying and drama that can happen when you are independent and on your own. It may seem like the cool thing to do at the time and may seem like you have a lot of friends; but when the parties stop, you will realize that you dug yourself a big hole that is very hard to climb out of and more than likely those people that you thought were your friends won't be there to help or support you. Your entire future and your future children's future depend on your success; don't mess it up.

Patricia

If I could go back in time, I would be full advice to give myself. I would start off with telling myself to be careful and take responsibility seriously. It's easy to get behind on homework when friends are constantly coming in your room and not leaving until the early hours of the morning because there's noone to kick them out. I would also say to fill out as many scholarships as I could. I only filled out a couple in my school, which helped a lot, but I could've had my entire year paid for if I would've filled out more scholarships. Overall, I would tell myself that college is wonderful and as long as you are responsible, it can be the best time of your life.

Darline

If i could go back in time to talk to myself as a high school senior the advice that i would give myself is to make sure i know what i pland on majoring in collgege. Because if you take to many classes you will end up with to many credits and that can give you problem with financial aid in the future, plus the more you know about what you pland on becoming the faster it is for you to start working.

barbara

Study and ask questions. Get the help you need and go to college right after high school instead of waiting 20 years. Get as much education you can and find internships in your field to get experience.

Krista

Looking back I would give the High School me the advice of embracing the dorm life. They really aren't that bad and it gives you a chance to meet many of the students on campus in a relaxed environment. I would also tell myself to just be me, get involved, and not judge the other people until I get to know them. Embrace all of the different places and backgrounds the students have came from. I would also make sure that I knew that being a college athlete is beyond worth it! I have made so many amazing friends from being on the team who have now become my sisters. I would tell myself that being apart of a team makes you apart of a family and helps tremendously in adjusting to life away from everyone and everything you grew up with.

timothy

I would tell myself how important it is to start your college education as soon as you possibly can. After not attending for years the transition is way harder to deal with. I would tell myself how much better it is to go to college right after high school, while you are the same age as most of the students. It is way easier to keep your studies going if you continue to complete your schooling by going to college. There are so many more options for a recent high school graduate than an adult student. I would tell myself the only way to advace in a career today is to have a degree or two or a masters in a certian area. I will tell me about all the jobs job searching and worthless employment opportunities that arose in my life becuase I did not go to college. I would finish lecturing myself by explaining how much more work it is to go to school now that I am older, and how many opportunities I missed out on becuase I did not finish my schooling at the correct time in my life.

Taylor

I would try harder to learn how to study. It doesn't sound like a tough task, but a person needs to know how to study for long periods of time when attending college. Some of the big exams take many hours to prepare for the test and in high school we didn't have things like that. I would try to slowly work myself into study my notes more often than just before tests. It is a lot easier to look through the notes a little bit each day than to cram and try to learn of the information two days before the test. In high school I would always cram for tests, but now that I have gotten into the swing of things in college I have learned to look over things much in advance of the test date.

Dana

I would tell myself that going to class matters because about half of what the teacher says in class ends up on the test, to be brave and ask the teacher for help if you don't understand something, and to ask the tutors to meet up and have a session. That's what they are there for! I would let myself know that money is going to be scarce, that you need to find cheap and affordable fun, and to get a job as soon as you get there. I would tell myself that mom and dad will be just fine without you; That this is YOUR time to move on and figure things out for yourself. Yes, you're going to get knocked down. Stand back up and keep walking because things have to get harder before they get better. And lastly, I would tell my senior self that this is it. This is the start of an entirely new beginning. Strap on your helmet and let's get rockin'!

Emma

If I could go back in time and tell myself something as a high school senior I would tell myself not to worry so much. I remember working myself up about classes and how hard they would be, making friends or, even scarier, not making friends. I was so terrified of coming to college that I forgot to be excited about it. Classes are not scary and it was just like having new classes in high school; nothing too foreign or scary. Making friends was sas super easy so I would tell myself not to worry about it and just be myself. I would tell myself to relax and be excited instead of worrying over every little thing because it put a damper on my transition to being on my own and I wish I wouldn't have been so worried before I got here.

Andrew

Establish what is most important to you, and make that a priority. What I value most in my life is my faith in Jesus Christ. I realize that many individuals who confess to be christians fall away from their faith during their first year of college. That's not a statistic anyone should want to be in. So I guess some advice I would give for myself would be to apply what I learned in all my classes at the Association Free Lutheran Bible School , into my everyday life. I learned so much in my two years there, but I feel I could have learned more had I taken more time in my school work. Another piece of advice I would give myself would be to get started on reading assignments early, and not wait to cram the information shortly before it is due.

Dear past self, As you're enjoying your senior year, I know that you are also extremely worried about what is to come next year in college. Don't worry--it's normal! Within a few weeks on campus, you'll discover that all of your worries were in vain (this is a good thing--trust me, I've been there!). One little bit of advice though--stick around on orientation weekend. You'll be very tempted not to, and you'll definitely regret it if you don't. This is a great chance to bond with the other students on campus and find friends that will stick with you throughout your years of school. Also, getting involved on campus will be one of the best decisions you'll make in your college career. Each club and activity you participate in is like a close-knit little family in itself. It is an amazing feeling to be involved with these groups of people who truly care about you. One last thing--enjoy yourself! While studying is important and definitely necessary to succeed, don't forget to take regular breaks to relax and spend time with friends. Sincerely, your future self

Abagail

I would tell myself not to be scared to move far away from home. I made the decision to stay close to home because I thought I would miss my friends and family too much. It turned out that moving far away from home was just what I needed. I would defiantly tell myself not to be worried about making new friends and the friends you thought you would keep in touch with from high school you won't. You will find your best friends in college. I would tell myself to take some college courses while in high school to get some of the general credits out of the way. Most importantly I would tell myself not to be scared to take chances and try new things. You never know where your future is going to lead you, but don't be scared to venture out into new surroundings.

I would tell myself to relax. As a senior I was incredibly nervous to step out into the real world by myself. I would tell myself that even though I will miss my family very much, I will also have fun in school by learning and experiencing new things every day. During my senior year, people told me stories of their college life experiences and it sometimes made me nervous and scared to branch off all alone. If I could go back, I would tell myself not to be so apprehensive about the situation. During college I will meet many new, interesting people that will help me with any problems I may have. I would also tell myself that I am not the only one that is nervous. Almost every senior going to college experiences some sort of nervous feeling, so I was not the only one. The main thing I would tell myself if I could go back in time is, "Don't get caught up in all the hype. Be yourself and enjoy the new environment and experience as much as possible."

Kaci

I believe that by coming to Mayville State University first, it allowed me to get a good start on what college life is like. I feel so at home here, and I love the size of the school. I like that the teachers care about how I am doing in class, too. I have met a lot of life-long friends at Mayville. With a couple of them, I exercise almost ever day which is a lot of fun! Also, I think I have learned more by taking the Chemistry classes and Anatomy and Physiology classes at Mayville, rather than at a larger school. Here, I am able to get a hold of the teachers if I ever have any questions, and they encourage a student to come ask them! Since these are important classes for my major, this is very valuable to me to be able to understand the subjects better.

Johnathon

In high school i was a kid who would get picked on by others for not being very smart. In reality i was just as smart as them, and in most cases smarter. I came from a home where it made it kind of hard for me to get my work done. Now that i am out here in Mayville and over 6 hours away from home dont have to fight to do work and when i want something done i just go and do it. Thats been the most valuable thing for me is realizing that i can do something with my life.

Michelle

My college experience has given me the confidence to believe in myself and my Education. I have learned that knowlege is power and the relationships that are cultivated are also as valuable in the career world. Attending Mayville State Univeristy helped me succomb to the idea that technology was going to necessary in any career and as they pushed the envelope I am grateful that I was a part of those changes. In the interm, they have continued to push the envelope to allow a different demographic of students succeed.

Katelyn

Through my short time in college thus far, I feel rewarded and blessed to be able to attend an ungraduate school. I am learning to prioritize my time with two children at home as a; wife, mother, and student. The word difficult might as well mean easy when it comes to my daily routine. However, having an education as a parent enables you as a teacher later when needing to help your child(ren) with their own homework. I really do love to learn and expand my own ideas through intrapersonal realization and with others who have remotely the same goals as I do. There is one thing that someone can never take away from you and you can never get too much: Knowledge.

Aj

I have learned a lot of new things that i did not realize i still had to learn. I have made many friends here. I was never going to attend college, but a close friend to me talked me into it and i would say it was one of the best decisions i have made. College is giving me many more options for my life. It is going to allow me to have a career and care for my future family. College has made me a better person and a far better student. It has talk me to work hard for the things that I greatly want in life, and that includes working for grades. I now average a 3.2 gpa compared to a 2.1 in Highschool.

Lisa

My college experience so far has taught me that life isn't perfect; Mayville State University is not perfect; I am not perfect. I would've liked to get through school without taking out any loans. However, I have taken out a lot of loans, and I have to work at Mayville State to pay my bills. Mayville State informed me last semester that I needed to have a minor in order to get a job. Therefore I need to stay at the college longer. This means more loans. I believe that if I did better in high school and had a higher GPA I would've received more scholarships. I could've reduced my loans. Attending Mayville State University was valuable to me in that it showed me how nothing is perfect. With nothing being perfect a person has to make the best out of what cards they are dealt. Things will always work out in the end.

My college experience has been amazing. I do believe, regardless if you have the "money to go" you should go to college. Not just because of the education it gives you and the amazing job opportunities that will follow, but because of the experience you will have. Going to college has changed me as a person. My father nor my mother ever went to college, which made me want to go and get a better life than either of them had. My father went to jail when I was very young and that changed me as a person. It made me want to do better for myself and my family. Two out of four of my mothers children have attended college and I want to be the next to graduate. I have meet so many nice people while at college. I believe these people will be friends for life. The morals they teach you is outstanding. They teach you to be who you are and do the best that you can know matter what the circumstance is!

Meghan

The biggest thing that I have gotten out of my college experience, other then the actual education, has been the exposure to some classes that covered topics I didn't know much about, for example sociology. I discovered that I love that field and have actually deceided to add it to be part of my degree. I have really loved that this campus allows students to do distance education and offer the degree programs online. It has really been great to be able to continue my education without having to up-root my life and my family in order to get that education.

Maira

I've gotten a sense that I am not alone in my quest to change the world. It's been incredibly valuable to attend the University of Arizona because I feel more prepared and more motivated to be somebody in my future. I love the freedom I now have as well as the many opportunities available here.

Evan

I feel like it's been valuable to attend Mayville because I have gotten a lot out of smaller class sizes, a more firnedly and personable staff than I've seen at other, larger colleges, and a quality education that I feel has really halped me grow as both an individual but as an eventual worker. I am excited for my career-to-come, and feel I am up the task. I go to class every day excited to learn more and am very thankful for this.

Benjamin

I have received more than just a great education out of my college experience. I have changed as a person, becoming more responsible, motivated, and caring. I now have knowledge in a content area, which I can use to educate others and improve myself financially and whollly. Before attending college, I worked at many different jobs, using my back and not my brain. Now, I can combine that work experience and my skills learned at college, to create a compelling resume. It has been valuable to attend college because I needed to find out what I was capable of. The staff and students at my college has created a sense of devotion within me to my school. How can I not have feelings of gratitude towards an institution that has completely reshaped my life for the better? Relationships that I have made with students and instructors by attending Mayville State University, can help me in my future dealings as a teacher.

Misti

I have expirenced and learned so much going to college. Learning who i am and where i want to go in life would have been difficult without school. Going through the different stages in life with the support of an entire university is irreplaceable. I played college basketball, which created a second family for me. After two years of playing i moved on and found another academic group to be part of that has also scored me some great friends. It's often said that knowing the right people will get you where you where you want to be. What better place to make friends from all over the country than in college. I imagine down the road these everlasting friendships i've made will help me get where I am going.

Lawrence

I have learned many new things. I have learned to manage my time better. With being heavily involved with my community government and having a full time job, balancing an educational experience has been a challenge, but, it has been worth it. I believe going back to college will allow me to have many new opportunities to further myself. I have also learned that hard work and dedication pay off. I see this in the grades that I have earned to this point. By taking the different classes I need to earn my degree it has broadened my knowledge and it has shown me that the world is a much bigger and more diverse place than what I first thought. The only regret I have is that I did not go back to school sooner.

Kelly

I have gotten lots of useful information on how to steer my education towards the fields that are most in need. The staff has been great about giving me guidance in what decisions to make even if they aren't the most beneficial to the school. My advisor has been great at answering my many questions and even admitting if she didn't know and forwarding my information on. The school has been very flexible with my various family obligations. The teachers have also been understanding. In my college experience I have learned many things that are valuable to my future career. Somethings can only be learned by the experiences in the field of my professors as opposed to the textbook. I love the practical hands on experience that I have gained from Mayville State University. I encourage you to check it out!

Teamwork has been one thing that I have gotten out of my college experience to date. am currently enrolled in a nursing program which involves a lot of time working in the actual clinical setting. As a result, you end up working with closely with your fellow classmates. We have come to reley on each other during our clinical settings for advice, assistance, guidance, hope and prasie. As we are all going through this experience at the same time and have developed varying levels of expertise, we have come to reley on each other on a regular basis. We have become a team. This has also showed us what we can expect when we begin out jobs as nurses, since teamwork will be essential. We have also in part become a family. Not only do we reley on each other in the clinical setting, but also in the school setting. The nursing program is accelerated and is very difficult. We have laughed together, studied together, cried together and have been there for each other when things get difficult. It is clear that this family and team that we have become will stay with us after graduation.

Daphne

What I have gotten out of my college experience so far is hard work will equal sucess. I had to work hard to get accepted into college and now that I am in college I have to work hard to stay in college. My parents aren't helping me pay for college so most of my money for college is coming from scholarships. If I don't take the time out my day to actively search for scholarships, then I won't be in college. It is valuable to attend because I know that it will help me obtain my dream job while providing with the experience I need. In the end college has increased my academic stamia and self perserverance.

Cory

The most important things that I have personally retained from my college experince is hard work and dedication. Playing sports at a high level such a college forced me to dedicated to one thing for a long period of time even though things might have been going the way the team wanted. Playing sports helped me alot with learning how to be a hard worker but it also carried over into school work. I started to realize my freshman year that if I did not put in the hard work to get good grades I would get a job I did not like and it would be a constant battle everyday I went to work.

Chanda

When I first attended college 16 years ago, I don't believe I truly had an appreciation for my educational experience. Then, I was just following suite in what my parents expected...graduate from high school, go to college, get a job. It was just part of the going-through-the-motions routine. Now, I have come to realize that my college experience, my education, is a privilege that not everyone is fortunate enough to attain. Going back to college now is no longer about just going-through-the-motions. It is a gift and a choice and it doesn't just stop after college. At the risk of sounding cliché, I feel that learning is a never-ending adventure. Over the past 16 years I have become aware that learning is a life-long process! This is of great value to me. There is a saying by Benjamin Disraeli that says, “Upon the education of the people of this country, the fate of this country depends.” An education is invaluable to the very essence of our country. Thus, my education is of value to not only me but really to all future generations of our nation to come!

Bradley

I have gained such a great deal of lifetime experiences while attending college. Not only in the class room but outside as well. College is not always fun and easy but that is what has made me the person I am today. Learning from my mistakes and being able to overcome adversity. Going to college was and I believe is always going to be the best decision I have ever made. The experience and friends one makes is untouchable in anything you will ever do. Of course the ultimate goal is to graduate and be place into a career where one can succeed and live a good life. At the same time I know I will still always look back and remember the years in college and I know I’ll miss them. This is why I am making the most out of my opportunities and hope I can continue to grow and learn. Thank you for your time, Bradley Sand

wyatt

I have only enrolled in college so far butwas exciting and very different. I have learned how to fill out los of paperwork. I am set to attend freshman orientation in August. I will receive my schedule and buy my books at that time. I am also learning all about the financial aid process and the detail of paperwork in which omeone needs. This in it's self is valuable, i amthankful I have a scholarship but at the same time I am learning it is just like real money and you need to utilize it very carefully. I will be attending to become a firefighter. This job will be very detailed not just in learning how to put out fires and protect people and save lives. But I will have reports to fill out and a lot of responsibility in caring and nuturing those that trama has impacted their lives. I feel like I will also meet people that will impact my life and show me a lot of differnt ways to look at a lot of situations. the main thing is that life is precious and we should enjoy and be happy as much as we can.

Hardy

College has benefited me in numerous ways. Educationally Mayville State has provided me with an excellent education and many opportunities to expand my knowledge. Being a science major, Mayville offers students with one on one experience and class sizes beneficial for getting more out of classes than expected. Socially Mayville State has helped me grow beyond my expectations. I got involved in many different clubs and organizations, and I am serving as an officer for some of those groups. I became part of student activities, student government, science, band, theater, ambassadors, tutoring, and helping with orientation for incoming freshmen. Being a part of such a closeknit and smaller campus has greatly helped me to explore avenues I would not have tried if I attended a different college. Attending Mayville State will benefit me in the future by not only giving me a valuable education, but also providing me with a range of contacts that will be helpful when I am out of college. I would not be the person I am today if I had gone to any other school, which makes me grateful for choosing Mayville State University.

Branodn

For me college was always something I wanted to do but never felt I was able to do. In high school I wasn’t always the smartest kid when it came to academics so once I got to college I felt like I had to work ten times harder than the next student. What I have gotten from working harder and felling that I need to work hard is a sense of pride I now feel like I belong here and I’ve become more confident in my abilities in the classroom. Against all odds I am on pass to graduate I never thought I would make it but I have been working so hard and I am only months away, the success I am seeing comes strongly from the staff that has help me and I feel that I wouldn’t have gotten this much help anywhere else.

My college experience has taught me responsiblity, individuality, and independance. Attending college is a big step in life, that is if you're not going just for parties. Now I'm on my own free to make my own choices, be myself, and take my life into my hands. No longer dependent on Mom to get things done for me, I'm responsible for me. That means getting to class on time, completing homework, and going to work even when I don't feel like it. College is a great place to learn, not only in the classroom and from books but from life experiences as well. It's been a valuable experience in itself. Living in the dorms, eating the cafe, going to class and work, all these things we experience at college and no where else. I would urge high school students to attend college, its the final stage in growing up.

Tina

Realize that starting college means growing up; leave your attitude at home. Recognize your teachers and professors as potential mentors. They are dedicated individuals who truly want you to succeed, so accept their help and let them guide you through your academic career. Furthermore, make a serious attempt to prioritize your school work; procrastination only leads to stress and often times poor grades or even failed classes. This in turn means wasted time and money. Also, don't be afraid to ask for help when you struggle. Tutoring is free, and if your problems are non-academic, there is help as well. Lastly, get involved in student activities and organizations. It is an easy way to make friends, and, depending on what you get involved in, may also look good on your resume. Now get out there, get your education, and above all, enjoy yourself!

Troy

If i could go back in time and tell myself what to expect in college, I would tell my self to relax! I remember how worked up I got when preparing for college and i can see now how much of a waste of time and emotion it was. I thought that i would have to fit into a college setting. However, when i got here, i realized that i really had nothing to worry about. I can be the person i want to be, do the things I want to do and hang out with the kind of people that share my interests. i dont have to live up to nayones expectations except my own. Its a great feeling knowing that I can be the person I want to be and be satisfide with myself and the person I am. They say college is the best time of your life, and i believe it can be as long as you are true to yourself and be the person you want to be.

Kathleen

Dear Self, As you enter college you really ought to know a few essential things to help you as you go. First of all, don't be scared. stretch out that comfort zone. Do your best, be prepared, and try to not miss home. Don't cling to just those friends that you already knew. They are special and great, but new ones will be too. New people help us grow and form our own ideals. Trust in thoughts of your own. Believe, dream, think, and feel. Don't pause or hesistate to join in something new. fresh hobbies, new people, it?s all quite good for you. Make sure you know yourself. Take the time and realize that we are all unique and not all fit one size. Some times will get busy. Some tasks will seem too tough. Just keep right on truckin? through roads both smooth and rough. Keep things in perspective. That problem most likely is not quite so crucial as at first it may seem. Lastly, one more item. A vital one, I?d say. Don?t let life get too grim Laugh, hope, smile, and play.

Jordan

Throughout high school I never thought to myself that the day i graduate would come. But as a freshman at Mayville State i realized that it came way to quickly and I took high school for granted. I never reached the goals that i had for myself until my senior year. Going back I know i would work hader throughout the years and i would definitly be a better student!