McDaniel College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for McDaniel College

Sydney

I absolutely love McDaniel. It is an older school, so that can have its drawbacks, but it is rich with tradition. The environment of this campus is so friendly. everyone is here to help and make friends. We can be competitive, but we are still kind and polite to our peers. Professors are almost always available and they are always want to help you succeed. Most professors love their job and are doing it not for the money, but for the students. Sports are a very big part of campus. Our football games are always a big deal and women's soccer is very competitive. Overall, I love this place and would not have chosen any where else. It is definitely my home away from home.

Haja-Zainab

I feel as it is a great school to foster my intellectual juices and create a good environment for ideas to circulate and for me to find my self. I am very excited to be going there this fall and am looking forward to living in the friendly atmosphere I experienced shortly on my visit.

Madison

McDaniel is a unique experience to each and every individual. The education that I have received is extremely personal and I have become close to my professors, which is something that I would not have received had I gone to a large state school. I feel like I am more than just a number and my life has changed for the better thanks to McDaniel. They have impacted my life in so many positive ways and for that I am truly thankful.

William

I have enjoyed last two years and looking forward to the next two and graduation as a Green Terror. I have a good school and great friends. The classes are not over crowded and each student is able to interact with the professors when they require assistance with our class assignments or homework. I also like that we are communicate using Blackboard for assignments and instructions. I'm glad to be attending McDaniel College.

Simi

The school itself could be better, but the Professors care so much about their students and through the relationships your build with your professors and fellow students it really does start to fell like home. Having a car on campus is a big help, but if you don't have one the school offers a shuttle which is really helpful. #ILoveTheHill

Leslie

McDaniel College can be found in a small town called Westminster within the state of Maryland. It is a liberal arts college that encourages students to express their own opinions and ideas about various subjects. I do enjoy it being a small campus, it makes it easier to get to know all the building and places outside of campus. The neighborhood near the college is not the best and can be dangerous in certain areas that is known for its drugs and crimes. The campus outside is absolutely gorgeous. Most of the campus facilities are one of the friendliest people I had met. The professors take their time to know everyone in their class and you can really get to know them on an individual basis. There are various clubs and programs, which makes it easy to get to know people. The food at the college is bad. The dining hall does allow you to eat, how much as you want but closes early. There are financial challenges. Although, the school does give out a lot of scholarships to most of the students I talked to. But without any financial aid, the private college tuition is very expensive for what they have to offer. Especially, when it comes to the residence hall that are in bad shape and some lacking air conditioning. It does not have a diverse student body, as a minority, it was challenging to connect with other. I would strongly consider other people who are planning to attend to this school to visit the campus.

Clarity

Mcdaniel College is a pretty decent school. They are really focused on student activity, involvement, diversity, and inclusion. The thing that I like the most is how personable McDaniel can be. This ranges from professors to sometimes even janitors. As a student of color, the surrounding community can be intimidating and my friends and I often feel looked at and judged while we are out an about (especially at the hospital).

Myyah

It's a small school but because it is so small the class sizes are amazing. However, the school is mostly Caucasian as well as the area. Although there are not much diversity, the campus is very LGBTQ+ friendly and expresses that proudly. The campus is very welcoming overall and I feel comfortable being there.

Mary

It's a good school academically, and also given the class-ratio size, it's good value too. People at the school are very active in clubs and current events. Productions at the theater are always up to par. However, given where it is... Safety could be an issue. The campus is very nice and has very well-kept facilities (aside from the gym), but being located in downtown Westminster, MD, is not doing the college any favors. You basically have to stay on-campus at all times. Lots of drug activity in Westminster. Good luck finding good nice off-campus housing nearby.

Kyra

In my first semester of being on campus, I can honestly say that it's all right. It's not the best, but it's not the worst. My biggest problem is the dorm. It doesn't matter what day or what time it is, someone is always getting drunk and rowdy. The school has "quiet hours" and they say that they enforce them, so they either don't or the people just don't care about a warning. Things usually calm down around 2-3 in the morning, usually. It also depends on which dorm you live in, I can only attest to the one I currently reside in. The shower is always full of hair: the wall, the floor, everything covered in other people's hair. And the bathroom stalls aren't any better. The school has people cleaning the bathrooms every day, but it doesn't look like they do anything. They either do the bare minimum or these girls really know how to dirty a bathroom because it's always messy. Most days it's disgusting, but sometimes you'll get lucky on the weekend, their either still partying or too hung over to even get out of bed. The weekends are nice because the campus is pretty empty. People are either at the weekly sports events or hung over and sleeping until the next part starts. All in all, the school is fine. Great programs and academics. Everything is spaced out over the town and. apparently, everybody drives. Freshman aren't allowed to have cars unless you put yourself in this lottery to have your car on campus, so I use Lyft, but it's way more expensive there than it is in a regular city. You'll go broke fast if you use Lyft too much.

Khadijatou

McDaniel College is a wonderful school to go to for a liberal arts education. The teachers are extremely qualified and are usually at the top of their fields. I feel like I learn a lot in classes. The dorms and cafeteria, however, are third class, if not worse. With the cost of living around 4000 dollars on campus, you would expect the dorms to be more upgraded. The dorms are usually stinking, for no reason, the bathroom is unhygienic and the showers are even worse, with the occasional roach crawling around. The cafeteria's food is usually either undercooked or rotten, with a rare visit from a roach once again. I fell that my biggest gripe with the school is with all the money we put forth, there is nothing coming back to the student body. Instead, the college charges as much as possible, while spending the least amount they can.

It's a small college with a fair amount of activities. There is always something to do. The campus is small and beautiful. The food from Glar is not very satisfying and I occasionally go to town to buy "real" food, but Overall I love McDaniel College.

Chris

A horrid place. The staff there, from the bursars and financial aid office, to the campus safety, to the administrators, expected to be treated like garbage by employees. No one who works there cares about your education or your well-being, only your $$. Never in my life have I paid so much money to be treated so consistently abysmally. Don't expect employment if you attend, I graduated in 2015 and am still working a minimum wage job (as are the vast majority of graduates in my class.) This review may sound bitter despite my best intentions otherwise, I just think it is imperative that prospective students understand what McDaniel is truly like, a terrible, terrible place that will take every last dime from your pocket and leave you with nothing after graduation (if you even make it that far, which a TON of students don't.)

Rayna

I love McDaniel. If you are looking for a smaller school that has a little bit of everything, this is the school for you. They are constantly looking to improve as well, so each student always has an opportunity to voice their opinions. The whole campus vibe is great (including both students and faculty). The professors are great, I have no complaints. They truly care and take the time to get to know each student. Overall, I give this school a 10/10.

This is a great school if you are looking to better your future. In your 4 years you will develop relationships and networking options to make you successful in what ever track you decide to go in to. The professors are brilliant and challenge you every class period.

Lyndsay

Price aside, McDaniel College is a very good college. The classes are small and the teachers are always there for you. There is a lot academically as well as extra curricular, there are tons of clubs and events on campus. The price is very intimidating, good thing they offer a lot of scholarships. Sometimes though they aren't enough.

nataliah

McDaniel College is a place of positivity and a place to find who you really are. I am confident that if I ever need assistance with anything regarding school,personal, or business someone will be able to assist whatever need I have. McDaniel is a place of diversity and opportunity for everyone to grow or advance on to the next level.

First Name

The school itself is nice cv but living on campus is a hassle. The food is sickening and the construction and trucks never allow any rest that a college student needs. If you want to commute to the school also be warned because the school be having a bunch of mandatory events that are a waste of time and gas money.

Jack

As a senior at McDaniel College, my years here have gotten progressively worse. Englar Dining Hall is the worst dining experience a college student can have. Student uproar has forced the administration to change the food provider, however there was no real improvement. The party scene is becoming non-existent. Campus safety and Westminster pd are actively threatening every off-campus house owner with criminal charges. On campus any attempt at a social gathering is shut down in less than 30 minutes, resulting in citations to all residents where the gathering took place. On an academic standpoint, I have had many professors who are disengaged and are unwillingly to work with students, student-athletes in particular. In conclusion, McDaniel College needs to figure it out. Administration needs to become more aware of the actual concerns of the student body. I do not recommend coming here within the next few years as the school has some major growing pains to get through.

Jewel

Spending 4 years at McDaniel college, I was able to make life-long friends. I was able to influence history by chartering the first African American Sorority on campus, Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc. which brought more opportunity for other diverse organizations to be on campus. I thoroughly enjoyed the psychology program, my professors and the Dean worked with me so that I could graduate in a timely manner. McDaniel College was once a liberal arts college, but slowly is converting into a STEM curriculum. If you are solely worried about a social life, there are fun things to do in the area, and through the campus's Office of Student of Engagement.

Colleen

While attending McDaniel College, I once told my parents that it felt like home. It was here I discovered my passion for teaching. McDaniel College was and still is a place that creates a feeling of belonging. I loved this school so much that my daughter will be attending McDaniel College in the fall of 2019.

James

I love it. The campus, students that go there, the professor are nice and easy to talk too. Everything about McDaniel I love it’s very isolated which I like so everybody knows everybody. Usually I spend time with my friends outside of classes and classes themselves are not hard.

Lance

Looking forward to attendng.

mariama

McDaniel is on Ok school in all honesty. The food is always a hit or miss, mostly a miss but the Pub has the best chicken tenders and fries. The professors are the best, they truly care about your education and go out of their way to make sure you're on track as long as you out in effort as well. The class sixes are pretty small and make it easier to learn. If you can deal with the food, it's a pretty cool school.