McHenry County College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for McHenry County College

It is a good school to complete general education or an Associates degree. The classes are fun and interesting and I have found the professors to be extremely willing to help their students understand the lessons. The class sizes are small so you are able to receive a more intimate education. Most of the professors try to get to know their students.

Matthew

McHenry County College is the place to be. They are very well organized and know what they are doing. This is only a community college but the professors here are like Universities, they want to help and are always available. The faculty here is also very helpful, if you have a question they will not hesitate to answer it. The campus it self is very convenient, it is very easy to get around and there are great seating outside for some fresh air. I love Mchenry County College.

Morgan

MCC is a good school. It had a comfortable environment and it had a good curriculum for a community college. They offer a wide variety of non credit career classes to help anyone get started in the career of their dreams. MCC was also reasonably priced for those who have financial concerns.

Trevor

I believe McHenry County College is an exception community college. It provides great opportunities for local student who want to continue their education at a reasonable price. MCC offers a wide variety of different degrees. We have a huge brand new science center being built, the business professors have great outside knowledge. MCC encourages every student to get involved and has something going on every week to get the students involved in extracurricular activities.

Evelyn

I believe McHenry Count College is the perfect school to begin your educational career after high school. The overall staff and fellow students are very welcoming and are always available to answer any questions you have. Classes are not too easy and not too hard, creating the perfect and balanced environment for each student to achieve educational success. Activities are always available for any student to partake in, allowing the interaction and opportunity to make new friends.

Vicky

McHenry County College usually has never had the best reviews from current and past students due to the overall environment and various rumors lingering around. However, I had only attended a semester at McHenry County College and I enjoy being here because of the overall atmosphere and how engaged that students and faculty are into this college. Yes, I do believe MCC does lack a lot of resources than community colleges have, but my overall time has been a pleasant one. I genuinely love how much time that each professor making to a student's involvement within their classroom. Overall, MCC is almost like a second home from being involved in various student organizations and fully engaged in the classroom settings.

Sara

McHenry County College is a good school to study at and find out what you want to do. The teachers are, hands down, the best part about the school. They want you to succeed and will help you in any way they can. There is also a tutoring center for anyone who is willing. I used it my whole time at MCC, for English, Math, and Spanish. Whatever you are studying, know that the teachers at MCC have the knowledge and experience to help you succeed.

Angela

It's a good community college and a great place to get the general education requirements out of the way. Everyone is friendly and the classes are small so there's plenty of opportunity for discussion. The professors are amazing and do a great job of teaching and making sure students understand the material.

Kimberly

The campus is very nice. Everyone is very kind and helpful. Professors seem to really care about the success of their students. Clean facility. Many clubs for everyone to join. The campus has a lot of open labs for students to sit and do homework. Overall a well rounded campus will being referring to many students that are thinking about attending MCC.

Cori

I love MCC. I wish I could get my Bachelors degree here. The professors here are great and care about each individual student's success and career desires (I always ask other students how a certain professor is and look them up on rate my professor which has been extremely helpful). There are a lot of opportunities for financial aid and scholarships as well which is allowing me to pay my debt off rather than adding more. I highly recommend this school for anyone who is in the area.

Shaylee

McHenry County College offers a exciting and interactive learning environment. The smaller class sizes offer each student an opportunity to get to know one another and the professor. McHenry County College offers a lot of clubs and extracurricular activities as well. There is a club for every interest someone may have and all clubs are welcoming and interesting. Athletic teams and events are also a focal point on campus and many students support the athletic teams in all areas.

Katelynne

My experience at MCC has not been long, but it has been long enough to know that the professors care if a student is successful or not. I never thought I could enjoy and learn the important math skills I would need, but it has been proven otherwise. I enjoy the atmosphere MCC perpetuates-which of course is a happy one. MCC welcomes anyone and everyone with open arms and encourages each and every student to be as active as he or she can be. The selection of groups and activities is astounding. The only aspect I would change is that MCC should offer a credited degree for students who are pursuing veterinary school. If the school is to offer such a degree then students will find transfering to another school much easier and this way is less expensive. Otherwise, I believe I made the right decision in choosing McHenry County College as the school for me.

Lumturim

I feel that MCC is the perfect school to get your education going. It has all the classes you need to get you started on to a more successful path. It has a awesome campus that's just the right size and all the faculty seem really nice and willing to help. I am a new student this year and I already feel welcomed and I feel honored to be able to be a part of this fantastic school.

Caleb

It is a great place to go to school. Plenty of friendly faces and the professors do their best to teach the curriculum. There are many activities and sports programs for students to participate in. The campus may be small, but it is a very well-maintained place.

Alexis

I really have enjoyed my semesters I've spent at MCC. I like all the teachers I have gotten and I enjoy the curriculum and teaching styles I have encountered. I also really enjoy the smaller class sizes and more personal feel. MCC was the perfect college for me to start out at.

Cory

It's a very nice school. Teachers are fairly accessible and I had a fairly easy college career there with a fair balance of challenges. I'd highly recommend it to someone that's not quite sure what they want to do yet, or doing school on a budget. There are many different programs and the faculty and students alike encourage you to be a part of student life and extracurricular activities.

Mchenry County College has quite literally been the best thing to happen to me. I initially went to Northern Illinois University and was not happy at all. I was ashamed of transferring to a community college, but that changed within the first week of being at MCC. My professors are more knowledgable than I could have ever imagined, and they are passionate about preparing me for my life, not just getting a good grade. They want me to be an educated critical thinker rather than a student who can memorize study questions and do well on tests. MCC has made me love education, and see the benefit in everything that I learn.

Serenity

The college is pretty decent, it’s not anything exceptional however it’s a pretty safe and clean environment and they’re usually trying to get students involved so I admire the fact that the put in the effort. I feel as though there’s a lot of room for improvement but overall the college is a pretty good one.

Kate

Mcc is not a "four year experience" for obvious reasons since it is a two year community college. There are no frats or sororities and no on campus dorms. Off campus living is staying at home with your parents. People are not necessarily excited to be there and why would they be? You look through social media and see how much fun your friends are having with their frat/sorority at their four year university. You see the flashing lights of the parties they attend but when you look up you're back to the reality of community life. Mcc may not be fun but it is beneficial in the long run. Saving money is probably the greatest benefit of all and knowing you will leave your college life behind with a lot less debt than others.

Noelle

McHenry County College is a community college that has allowed, and continues to allow students to begin their journey and prosper. Community college is usually looked down upon and sometimes we are judged for attending, however the actual community I have felt that has formed here at MCC is unknowingly one of the best ones in my life.

Emma

It's your average community college. I don't think much of it. Everything in my opinion is just average, the teachers, the food, the education, the campus and etc. But I mean is cheap and saves you a Lot of money in the long run