McKendree University Top Questions

McKendree is a family oriented school. McKendree wants you to join them for four years, get a good education, grow and mark your mark on campus. It believes your family is very important during the four years and McKendree wants to give you a second family. Students should want this family relationship. Lebanon is a small town so activities on campus are important. St. Louis is close by, but the student can not want a big campus atmosphere and a big city life. Students are down to earth and nice.

Someone who is dedicated to reach their maximum potential in and out of the classroom is the type who should come to McKendree.

Devon

One that wants small class sizes and individual attention.

The type of person that should attend McKendree University is one who wants to better themselves in every aspect of life. The school fosters you to grow as a person, as well as a scholar. I do not believe that a specific type of person belongs at McKendree. One thing that makes the school so great is the diverse, eclectic people that are involved on campus. The diversity is what makes the school so unique. Anyone can belong at McKendree University.

The kind of person that should attend this school is someone who knows what their future plan/goal is, and who is willing to work work really hard to get where they want to be. If someone wants to attend this school they must be responsible, and determined while completing school work, and while studying for tests. They must take this University seriously, because professors will push you to your full potential, and even beyond.

Cynthia

Mckendree University offers many options for todays demanding life obligations. Most adults can't attend traditional college courses. Mckendree has a 1 day a week course, or online options. The structure of most of the classes can be completed in 6-8weeks, so you progress in you program easier. It is much easy to focus on 1 class every 6 weeks than to have 4 classes for 12 weeks.

A person that attends McKendree College should be looking for a personalized feel and be willing to get to know the professors. They should also be open to new ideas and and be willing to take advantage of all the extracurricular activities that McKendree has to offer.

Anyone could attend this university that is pursueing a degree. The instructers encourage students to challenge themselves and to do their best.

Judith

If my responses seem odd, it is because I am at the Louisville KY campus where most students are working and have families to take care of. The Kentucky campus schedules classes so that those who work full time can attend class. There are no extra curricular activities and no additional facilities such as pools and tennis courts. Classes are small and intimate. Many of the professors also work in the fields that they teach. There is also opportunity for on-line classes.

To me, I feel like the kind of person that should attend Mckendree University should be serious about school. Mckendree is an extremely expensive, private University. Not knowing your major or goofing off will get you nowhere here and you would have wasted a massive amount of money. The type of person that should go here should also like the feeling of a small school and small town. My high school was the size of Mckendree, so i was used to it.

On my first day of school I asked a fellow student what he thought of McKendree. He said, "McKendree ain't no joke." I didn't understand what he meant by that but now I do. McKendree has a rigorous curriculum for students that are serious about their education. A person who is goal oriented, has good organization and time management skills and has a passion for learning should attend this school. The professors expect nothing less.

Brittnee'

Someone who is serious about getting a degree, someone who is definitely not a party animal. Someone who's focused and determined.

All types of people would fit into McKendree. If you want a big school, it may not be the best choice, but the small classes are great to build relationships with teachers and other classmates. The school is also really focused on helping you succeed, your not just a number at McKendree, they actually care about your well-being.

There is no age, gender, or racial requirements for learning. Education and learning is a key to unlock greater opportunities for the future. Even when a person completes a degree, they will continue to learn from a job or an experience. Learning should be a life-long endeavor. All persons should be given opportunities to attend college if they desire, regardless of race, age, or gender.

Gail

any

If you like small classes and individual attention, making your own fun on weekends, being able to get out of bed 10 minutes before class starts and still making it to class on time, a beautiful historic campus, friendly staff members who are genuinely concerned about your success, and an atmosphere of family, McKendree would probably be a good fit for you.

Melinda

I think a person who is happy with a small close- nit family and community should attend McKendree. Someone who likes the history of an old college and not a big commercialized one would enjoy McKendree. If you are looking for the characteristics of a big state university then McKendree is not for you, but if you are looking for the atmosphere of a small intimate college where you get to know your teachers in a small class-size, then McKendree is the perfect fit.

Someone who likes a small school atmosphere that is friendly and accomodating. The classes tend to be really small, so someone looking for a larger student community should not attend. There is a lot of athletics on campus, music programs and theater programs, so anyone interested in those areas should definitely apply. The most important thing would be someone looking for a small-town community feel and the desire to be involved and known.

Students that want an education & from an highly recommended university.

Lena

A person who is not afraid to sacrafice time should attend McKendree University. The amount of time you spend studying and participating in extra-curricular activities is astounding, and sometimes a bit overwhelming. However, give up time now and look back at what has been accomplished later. In retrospect, it is easy to see how much you've grown, just in a semester. The more you give, the more you will receive - and ultimately grow. A person who is not afraid to change should attend McKendree University.

A person who loves to meet new people and socialize. Also a person who is serious about academics but also wants to have a social life and be involved in extra curricular activities.

Ibby

Someone that is serious about their education and are going to be serious about school. If you are looking for a school just to come party at then this is not the one for you. This school is serious and fast paced you have to be able to keep up and be able to keep personal and school different from each other.

Deanne

Someone who is used to living in small town/on a small island. The school is very friendly but the person should also expect to have to find their own ways to have fun sometimes on the weekend.