Waco, TX
McLennan Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend McLennan Community College

Hope

Mclennan Community College is a great educational establishment for those that want a associate degree or get some credit hours before transferring to a four year college. MCC has many great resources for students. The one thing it lacks is a football team. If there was a football team i believe more people would consider attending the school.

Mitchell

McLennan Community College was an amazing experience. I thought it would be hard transferring from the military to the civilian lifestyle, but my institution ensured that there were many available personnel to help with an needs that I might have had.

Sierra
It's Pretty Nice Here

It's Pretty Nice Here

I like MCC a whole lot. I got to meet a variety of people, and everyone is very nice! We do have those few handles of not so great and really awful professors, but most of mine have been really great! Really check ratemyprofessor.com, they're pretty accurate to our current academic situation. I recommend anyone from the McLennan area to come here. It's a great place for an education, and won't break your bank.

Ryan

I am not sure they are known for anything.

I am not sure they are known for anything.

Figure out what you want to do and do it. Dont lolligag about and not focus on what you need to do or you will never finish. Life is waiting on you to be successful, success doesnt wait for you to live. So study, learn, and experience education for all that is is, and come away the best you can be in your chosen field.

I would like them to offer more 4 year degrees in their university center. So there could be a better variety and they could attract more students.

Ryan

MCC is a college that allows students to experience college on a less stressful basis, while still maintaing an excellent level of education on a personal level.

The first advice I would give myself is to relax. College isn't as stressful as everyone makes it seem. Yes, at times there will be stress. Staying up late studying, cramming for test, huge amounts of homework. But for all that stress there is an equal amount of fun and excitement. Atlast you will be on your own. Making new friends, goint to parties, late night study groups, and everything inbetween. Now the only problem is deciding how you are going to manage your time. This is they key to a successful college experience. Time management can be the best or worst thing about college. If you can manage your time between work and play correctly then you will do well in college and make good grade, but still have plenty of time to make some great memories with even greater friends.

Students who are attracted to a large school would not be a good fit for McLennan Community College. MCC has small classes and isn't a good fit for students who like the "real" college experience. Since there are no dorms, frats, or sororities there are less extra curricular activities. However, this does not take away from the level of education or faculty. There are many educational opprotunities for students who attend MCC.

Leroy

I would tell myself to be more careful about the people I would choose to hang around and to be more responsible in my first semester. I would explain how procastination can get me in a lot of major trouble and how it will be more convenient to do things as soon as possible.

The learning environment is friendly. Since I was raised in Waco, I know half of my classmates which makes opening up during class and asking important questions much easier.

Anyone who wants to further their knowledge, and move forward progressively into a new career, or in order to get ahead in their current field.

April

The first thing I would do is try to calm my high school senior self down as it looks at the new, smarter, and college adapted self. After getting a cup of water and a couple of breathing excercises, i would politely explain to myself that college is NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING like I imagine. There is no such thing as being in every organization. That band is not a hobby as a music education major,it is hours of practice and an extra hour a week of private lessons. I would tell myself that complaining about Mrs. Tally's twenty-five page readings a night have nothing on a 16 hour schedule along with two part time jobs. If I could go back to my senior year I would tell myself that senior memories are not as important as scholarship searching, because all the really neat scholarships have at least a thousand more slots for high school seniors that college students. If I was lucky enough to just grab myself and shake, I would tell myself that my teachers are not crazy, that I do have ADHD, I just dont know yet, and that procrastination has GOT TO STOP!

The worst thing about my college campus,sadly is the lack of students who participate in activities. Basketball games are usually stand scattered with faculty and their children and possibly an organization or two. Student Government meetings are skimpy, events are mainly staff supported and as a leader it can be discouraging.There are teachers and other community professionals who take out time to assist with proposals and meetings and besides board members, students are too busy "working".

The most frustrating thing about MCC is that as a community college , the campus is always bombarded the first couple of weeks with students who want to give school a try. ..every semester! The classrooms are so full those weeks that there is standing room only, but as soon as class projects and group assignments are assigned people disappear.My three semestrers there so far have yet to change.

April

My school, McLannan Community College is best known for their nursing program. The program there is really supported by alumni as well as patients in the Waco community. There is also a very awesome Theatre Department full of dedicated professors and students . The shows are always dynamic and very professional.

If I could be so priveledged to travel back to my self as a high school senior

The worst thing about my school is that its growing so fast with students from other Universities that the classes have HUGE teacher/student ratios.

Gina

McLennan Community College is unique when compared to other local places of higher education in that it is considered by people who go to four year universities to be nothing more that the high school on the hill. This assuumption is incorrect because I have received a very good education there and I'm planning to continue my education to earn a bachelors degree. I often hear that students from other schools look down on MCC educators, but many of them either worked or still work for well respected universities across the United States.

Always maintain your integrity and learn to speak up. Teachers can not help you if they don't know you're having problems. Try to create a balance between your school life and your personal life and keep that balance, distractions can harm you if you're not careful.

If you are looking to earn a degree without planning on working for it MCC is not the place for you. The teachers do care a lot about the academic welfare of their students, but they will make you earn your grade instead of just letting students pass in order to reach their quota.

McLennan Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.