Abilene, TX
McMurry University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend McMurry University

Leonor

Friendly, friend/family orientated, You never feel like you are lost in a crowd.

To find the right college you need to do research. Don't just go to the college that everyone talks about, it might not be the right one for you. Find a college that best fits your home life (since it is the most comfortable environment) if you don't mind the busy busy busy, and you have to fend for youself most of the time and still keep you head way above water, go to a bigger school, but if you want a more friend and teacher oriented place, pick a smaller one. Remember it's not the parents choice, you as a student choose what you want to do with the rest of your life, choose what you want.

Sue

McMurry is a place to learn, feel at home, and spend time with a huge family that is always there for you.

Always make sure that you choose a school that is not only going to help forward your career, but that is going to help shape you as a person. College isn't just about hitting the books and making the grade, it's also about finding out who you are and how to combine that with what you are going to become. Choose somewhere that feels right. Remember you're going to be there for the next four years so pick somewhere that you love and they will love you being there.

The worst thing about McMurry would have to be the fact that there are two other major universities in the same town. This makes for a lot of rivalry. Most of the time it is just clean competitive rivalry but on occation if some places prefer one of the other schools to McMurry we won't recieve the same treatment. This doesn't happen often but it does happen.

Pay attention to the size of the city and the campus. Make sure it fits you. If things are wrong in any direction you'll have a hard time fitting in and succeeding.

The campus living situations including dorms and food. Neither are good and are way overpriced.

Heather

Make sure all of the professors are friendly and available to help you at all times. The professors at my school have made a big difference in my grades by being available at all times.

My school is a private university. Everyone is very friendly and helpful. All of my professors have alot of extra time to help when I need it.

My best advise would be a college that is not party based. Find a college that has a faculty and staff that is very helpful and understanding of your needs. A good college has a friendly financial department that will help you with getting your tuition paid. I personally prefer a college that is just right in size. Being able to get one on one communication with the professors is also very important. If there are any educational needs that you have, make sure that your college supports you as well.

Weston

My advice to anyone seeking to come here is to be in a mindset wanting to be involved on-campus. Students that do well here are those who are active around campus and often off-campus as well. Get to know each of your professors, and all of them understand what being a student is like. If someone comes to this campus not knowing who they are or what they want in life, the time here helps them to reflect on and form those ideas.

My advice to students and parents: keep an open mind in the discernment process of finding the right school. It really is about what the student is looking for, not what the parent expects them to do. Parents can suggest, encourage, and often nudge their student during this part of life, but ultimately the choice should be up to the student. And the student should begin to think what they would like to see in a campus. The student should visit different places and get a feel for what life is really like. I found my college by praying and seeking, which seems to be one of many common stories here. Find a school where the student will feel comfortable with leaving their housing, their studies, and classes to be involved in student clubs, organizations, social clubs, fraternities, and sororities. These groups are the key to any school seeking to maintain a vibrant student life, and prospective students should see what the school has to offer. Get out and explore the town the school is in. Oftentimes the culture is out there if you just know where to look.

I wish I had known more about the campus itself. I had never visited before, so moving was a fun experience, and I really mean that! However, had I visited, the move would have been a little smoother. I also wish I could have known how amazing our campus? Student Activities staff is! These people are totally a part of the student life on this campus and reach out to everyone they encounter.

Choosing a college or university can be stressful yet it can change the rest of your life. Some people, like myself dont come from happy homes with supportive parents. If you are like me, all i wanted to do is be somewhere that made me feel like i was of importance and worth something to others, and that is what McMurry did for me. Choose a place that not only looks appealing to the human eye but has people there that make you feel like you are a part of a huge family! And when you finally become a part of that college or university make sure you get involved by doing not only community service, but helping out around Your campus. After all its college, "So Live It Up!"

The things that i love the most about McM is that it is just the right size, i wasnt looking for a huge school but one that was big enough to meet cool people. I love the professors are there to help the students in the best way that they know how, i just really love it here.

i would have to say that stuff that frustrates me the most is that it is very expensive, i know that if it wasnt for the grace of God and being eligible for finacial aid, i wouldnt be here. I also wish there were more campus apartments availalbe

Lindsey

Going into my freshmen year of college was the most terrifying experience of my life. I very much enjoyed my circle of friends that I had since my middle school days, and was very involved and comfortable in high school. During freshmen orientation the week before my college life started, I realized the past was behind me and I was moving on whether I was ready or not. I decided at that moment that I was going to involve myself in whatever campus activites I had time for, and really make the most of my next four years. You have a feeling when you walk on to a college campus, and if it is anything but a good feeling, then maybe that college is not the best choice. Luckily, the first campus I stepped onto I knew would be my future home, and looking back over the past year I can honestly say it was the best decision I have made. Listen to your instincts and find out the best home for you, and then try and be involved and dont seclude yourself from others around campus or professors. Be seen, be heard, and live it up.

The classes at McMurry are usually around 15-20 students, and those are the bigger classes you take your freshman year. I love being able to walk around campus and say hello to everyone by name, and being involved in so many clubs and extra-curricular activities. The school spirit is alive and everyone is so friendly, it's nice to know you can call anyone, teacher, dean, or security, from your cell phone to theirs with no problems.

McMurry University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.