McMurry University Top Questions

Jazzmin

I wish I know the athletics programs before I started playing and all the untold rules for a student.

Shayla

How hard it was to find a job in Abilene, Texas.

I don't wish I knew anything different. I love the unpredictableness of being unaware of everything. There wouldn't be anything I would like to have known before I came to McMurry because the best way to learn things are to dive in head first, and you can't dive in the shallow end knowing the bottom is only a few feet away. If I absolutely HAD to choose something it would be to have better walking shoes because only the teachers get special treatment like parking lots next to the buildings.

I wish that I would have known how many nontraditional students there actually were on campus. I was quite nervous about starting due to my nontraditional status. I was pleasantly surprised to find several other students in my same situation.

No -- the school's social atmosphere and willingness to help students out makes up for it.

Weston

I wish I had known more about the campus itself. I had never visited before, so moving was a fun experience, and I really mean that! However, had I visited, the move would have been a little smoother. I also wish I could have known how amazing our campus? Student Activities staff is! These people are totally a part of the student life on this campus and reach out to everyone they encounter.