McPherson, KS
McPherson College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend McPherson College

Gilliab

I love McPherson College! I'm very happy to attend there and be a part of the community! It's definitely the place for me!

Killian

Mcpheson College is a smaller private college which allows the faculty to really connect with their students. My experience at Mcpherson College so far has been overwhelmingly good. My area of study has a lot of competition and has a great environment to learn.

I am in LOVE with McPherson College. I have never had so much fun while learning before while also getting the chance to meet peers from all around the country and the world. Our class sizes are small enough to where all of your professors know your name and your history. There are free activities almost every week for students to attend other than sporting events and theater shows. We are all a very close knit family, no matter where you live, how old you are, or what class you're in.

Heidi

A small, close, community.

A small, close, community.

Don't be so scared! You will have a ton of friends, a great roommate, and awesome teachers! Always be open to knew things. You WILL change your major so don't plan your life just yet! And most importantly, always have fun. Hang out with your friends and don't stress out about classes, you will do just fine.

The face the you know everyone and everyone is friends. Upperclassmen do not treat lower classmen differently and are very helpful when it comes to classes, sports, work, etc.

Brittni

I had stayed up much too late studying for the calculus test that Friday, and finally fell asleep just four hours before I had to wake up. I immediately found myself in a strange dream. I was in a room that I had only seen once before and couldn't quite place, looking into the mirror at myself, though I was in my pajamas and my reflection was fully dressed wearing a McPherson College Choir polo. My reflection began by telling me that she had chosen to communicate by dream because it would cause less problems with any people being around and then took a list out of her pocket. "You need to start finding and filling out any and all scholarships that you qualify for. Ms. Muensterman will help you, but it has to be done, or you will be sorry for it later." she continued to tell me that there are hooks for curtains in the dorms and that I should not bring too many books or other distractions, but that I should always keep my violin with me and practice just as much as I practice piano. "Beep. Beep. Beep," there's my alarm for school.

I absolutely love the small campus and how helpful all the teachers are. The small class sizes really surprised me, as I had one class with only three other students, there was no reason to use aclassroom, so we met in our professor's office.

My first year would have been a bit better if I had been told about a number of little things. When to do laundry, to bring curtains, to pack light. I wasn't aware that I would have so much free time, or that the school has event nights for the students. I also wish they had told the incoming freshman about their e-mail acounts ahead of time because older students often sell theri old books for cheaper than the school bookstore.

I would tell myself to make sure I go to school everyday so I could have a better GPA. Also, i would say to stay ontop of scholarship applications my senior year along with getting a job so I could be more support myself more and not have to depend on my parents so much.

The kind of person that should attend McPherson College should really enjoy being in a small town enviornment. Being involved in the college is also important, whether it's supporting the athletic teams or helping out other students in their classes. Also, if the person is looking for more one-on-one time with their proffesors this would be the right college for them

A person who looks forward to metting someone new every day. Also, the kind of person who likes not having to go to class everday and having your proffessor know you by name.

Melissa

At the age of 43 I have hesitantly decided to return to school. I have always wanted to be a nurse, but because I was a poor academic student in high school I did not have the confidence to do it. My father was a Dr. and I was very fearful of trying and failing. After a 24 year career in sales and marketing, I was laid off and decided to return to school. I have also been a volunteer at the local hospital and very much enjoy the environment. Thus far I have gained confidence through my current college experience. Attending college at this age is very valuable to me as I am getting good grades and now have the confidence to move forward and apply to the nursing program. I have been unemployed and in school full-time for 1 year and currently have a 3.08 GPA. I have been actively looking for work to support my education but haven't had any luck. Living on one income and going to school has proven to be very hard for our family. I would be very grateful to receive this scholarship to be able to continue with school.

victoria

my classmates are very helpful, if I need help with something or need the notes from the day that I missed because of sports, and they will help me.

My college experience has been really well so far because I have felt confortable being there. The proffessors have made the transition from living at home to now living in the dorms very easy. If we ever needed someone to talk to, we could go to any of our proffessors at any time of the day. Also, I have meet a lot of new people who have helped me when I needed it. There were points during the year when I missed class for sports, and they would get me the notes that I missed that day. I believe that it has been valuable to attend this school because I don't think that the proffessors would as helpful at any other school. By having the helpful proffessors, I have been getting better grades.

There is noone who shouldn't attend this school because the school is very open with everything.

samson

My classmates are intelligent and knowledgeable.

My classmates are intelligent and knowledgeable.

I have gotten a great deal out of my college experience. I have learned to adapt to a totally different environment from which I am accudomed. I attended a high school in Houston, Texas where our student enrollment was over 4, 000. McPherson is very small and personable. The environment is well-suited for learning and getting to know other students. This experience has been valuable and rewarding for me. It has enabled me to be flexible, learn other cultures, and learn from others. The instructors at McPherson are prepared and they motivate students to excel. My basketball coach is an excellent role model. He and his assistants work hard to help develop my team members and me to achieve success on the court and off the court. The administration, especially, Ms. Judy, are student - focused. I feel confident I am being adequately prepared for the world of work upon graduation.

I wish I had know more about the types of social activities to enjoy around the school location.

Ian

"Take our mother's advice!" She wanted me to go to college. I always assumed that I would join the military because of tradition, so I did when I was 17 and only a Junior in highschool. I had to have my dad sign with me because I was underage and we did so behind my mother's back. I was very proud to be a part of the Army and I still am proud to have served my country and to continue serving my country in the Army National Guard. However, after my 30th birthday and the birth of my youngest son, I decided that I wanted to go back to school. So, I am now struggling through school, with the help of many friends and professors, 13 years after graduating from high school and if I had my life to live over again, I would have started out the real world in college rather than being sent all over the world. I enjoyed my time in the military and do not regret my decision to join, but I do wish that I had joined after getting my full education and completing it to the best of my ability.

The admissions process can be really difficult at McPherson College, they have an issue with communication between the different offices. For instance, The financial aid department does not communicate when aid has been received into the office, therefore, the business office does not know when aid has been received.

The most frustrating thing about McPherson College is that I am considered old by many of the students. I am a 31 year old Freshman, I had just recently decided to go to college after being in the military for many years and it has been very challenging for me to reinstate myself in an educational environment.

McPherson College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.