McPherson, KS
McPherson College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend McPherson College

Ian

"Take our mother's advice!" She wanted me to go to college. I always assumed that I would join the military because of tradition, so I did when I was 17 and only a Junior in highschool. I had to have my dad sign with me because I was underage and we did so behind my mother's back. I was very proud to be a part of the Army and I still am proud to have served my country and to continue serving my country in the Army National Guard. However, after my 30th birthday and the birth of my youngest son, I decided that I wanted to go back to school. So, I am now struggling through school, with the help of many friends and professors, 13 years after graduating from high school and if I had my life to live over again, I would have started out the real world in college rather than being sent all over the world. I enjoyed my time in the military and do not regret my decision to join, but I do wish that I had joined after getting my full education and completing it to the best of my ability.

The admissions process can be really difficult at McPherson College, they have an issue with communication between the different offices. For instance, The financial aid department does not communicate when aid has been received into the office, therefore, the business office does not know when aid has been received.

The most frustrating thing about McPherson College is that I am considered old by many of the students. I am a 31 year old Freshman, I had just recently decided to go to college after being in the military for many years and it has been very challenging for me to reinstate myself in an educational environment.

Jacob

My classmates consist of a male domintated, easy going group, who are laid back and boring.

When you select your college, consider your class sizes and student population. Large classes will make you feel "lost in the crowd" and campuses dominated largely by males are not too much fun either. Also consider the price of the college. State schools will be cheaper than private schools. It could also be a viable option to complete your general education requirments at a community college, but make sure that they will transfer to your select college. Besides the logistics of it all, I would tell myself to be focused, get in with a smart group of people, and keep graduation in mind.

Girls who aren't popular at other will have a better chance here because of the amount of men we have here.

Stachea

If I could go back and talk to myself i would tell myself to do my best and not worry about a social life, boys, or even sports. I always put everything before school, if I would have put school first I could have recieved better grades and I could have got more money for scholarships. I would of told myself that school is first and if i thought it was hard now, it gets worse when your in college. Yes soccer is very important to me but school needed to come first. I would not have let all the little drama get to me and i would have done what i needed and got the grades i needed, succeed on the field, but I was to worried about what people thought of me. I had to be miss popular and that is what i regret the most.

I kinda knew what i was getting myself into when I decided to come here. But i was really really interested in this school so it did not bug me.

The most frustrating thing with my school is everyone knows everyone else and everyones business, so if one person does anything wrong the whole school will know about it within a few hours.

Audrey

In high school I took AP classes, got good grades and I didn't procrastinate, much. But if I had to tell myself one thing it would be to work more hours at my job and put more of that money away for savings. College is expensive and I didn't save enough money to make it through my first semester. I would also tell myself to never ever procrastinate because in college the projects are bigger and the deadlines are not flexible, so never starting that habit at all would have prepared me better for the deadlines in college.

It's a really small college. I call all of my professors by their first names and they know practically every student on campus. It's really nice to be able to have a professor whose office door is always open for students and if it isn't, their cell phones are available for students to call or their house is always open as well.

It's a really small college, where everyone knows everyone and that is really nice.

McPherson College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.