Buffalo, NY
Medaille College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Medaille College

Quadlyndra

Medaille College is a school that cares about all of its students.

Medaille College is a school that cares about all of its students.

The advice i would give myself is "It's okay to be focused, but don't be so scared of failure". I was scared of failing and not doing well that to stay more focused I pushed everyone away beacuse i thought they would become a distraction. I can admit that i ruined my social life beacuse i was so afraid of failing in college. I pushed my friends away and even pushed my family away. At the time it seemed like it was the right thing to do so i can stay focused. Looking back now, i realized that i pushed my support system away. Those are the people who want to see me succeed and even if i do fail they will help me get right back on track. In conclusion i would tell myself that it is okay and those distractions may actually be helpful at some point thoughout my stressful years of college.

I think the worst thing about Medaille is the breaks between classes. Some people have a three to four hour break before thier next class starts.

Klarissa

My classmates are productive and nice. They care about their peers and their well-being.

I would advise myself not to be so nervous and to take everything one step at a time. I'd advise myself to do everything as it comes and no last minute to cram it in.

Any person who wants a serious career should attend this school.

Rebecc

Since I never tried my best in high school, the first thing would be to tell myself that anything is possible. My grades were average or below, never a part of any organization, sports or honor roll. If I could back in time the first thing to tell myself is to go beyond 100% in my academics. I would fefinitely join sports and clubs. I returned to college after 20 years, and these past two years have been the best as far as school goes. Now I love school, and I don't settle for less than an A or B. Last semester I made the Presiden'ts list, something I never believed capable of. I have earned credit in the honors program, another big accomplishment. I recieved a scholarship, first in my family. The way I feel about school and my attitude towards it has changed my whole mentality. I have gained wisdom and knowledge and everyday I apply my skills. I would tell myself that the years in college are the best to come. That you can be unique in your own way without fear. The freedom in learning is based on how organized and responsible one is.

If i went to go talk to myself as a high school senior basing what i know now i would tell myself to never give up. After one year of the college i realized that the transition was easy and yes i may get homesick, but i always have my friends right by my sides. I would also tell myself to work hard my senior year so i could get into my dream college but not be discouraged if i didnt because i can transfer next year. Finally i would tell myself to believe in myself because I know what i want to do and how to get there I just have to apply myself.

You should attend this college if you want to major in Veternairy Technology

Jermaine

If I could go back to my senior year in high school the advice I would give myself is that high school and college is two completly different things. High school people are imature, play around alot, and follow one another. In college they don't do that because there older and mature, and your paying to go to school so you take your education way more seriouisly now as to when you were in high school. Another important piece of advice I would give myself is that you have to go to class everyday, and you get way more homework in college then you do in high school. If you choose not to show up to class that's your decision the school, and teachers are still getting paid regardless and your not going to get baby like you did in high school because this is the next step in your life, and it's reality. Also, if you didn't get alot of homework in high school, or you just didn't do it your in for a surprise because in college you get homework every day and have to write multiple papers everyday for the semester.

Someone that should attend this school is someone that wants a challenge academically, and if there looking for a small setting school. Also, this school is friendly and easy to meet people, so anybody can really attend because the studentsand faculty here are so nice I gurantee you will meet new people. Another thing is they are one of the rare schools for vet tech, and one of the top schools for vet tech so if your looking to major in that this would be a great start. All in all the school is fun, and worth the money.

What I usually brag about the most is how we start school the latest, and get out the earliest. We start school September 4, and we get out May 9th. Another thing I brag about is that my school is private, and how we learn more because our class sizes are really small, and we can get the one on one with the professors if we need it. Also, medaille has a lot of money,and if they wanted to they can turn the school into a university, but they want to keep it small.

Francine

Forget about relationships until you are on the track of marriage after education is established. It will be hard, but very much worth it.

That all groups work assignments could be both challenging and rewarding.

Louis

My classmates would be diverse with a good sense of what they want out of life.

My classmates would be diverse with a good sense of what they want out of life.

For the two years of Medaille , I’ve experience a development of myself and the goals I want out of life. When I first started out my major was Business Law, I recently changed my major to Communications. With such a diverse crowd of students and faculty it showed me the joy I get out of interacting with people. From what I’ve gotten the most from Medaille is to be open to new people and opinions. Even though my collage journey is not over I hope to experience a lot more.

The opportunity that Medaille offers is the best quality; it has instructors with field experience and a lot of interns and hands-on opportunities. When you’re in a major Medaille allows you to understand the importance of your career choice and helps guide you in the right direction.

CaLea

Since I have started college I think so far I have learned better communication skills, and I am able to better interact with people that i dont know and I think I will need these skill when I graduate from college due to the fact that I would like to go into the field of reporting and radio. Communication is the key to life because it is used in everyday life even with people we dont know. Mt experience so far in Medaille College has been good because its a small based College and inside the classrooms the professors are able to give that one on one attention that they can because its a smaller enviornment. I love to learn and always is looking for news things to learn on a daily basis. things that go on in this world is something that i will have to deal with when i graduate like paying bills and having a set career and being independent so im getting life lessons while i experiencing this college life. Overall i will be the first in my family to graduste from college so being able to say that is a great life experience to me.

I believe that the worst thing about my school is that the food we have to buy is too much money. They food is of good quality but after going threw a whole year here im not a big fan of spebnding six dollars on a cheese burger that isnt al that good. Overall i believe that the is a good school but needs a better chose in foods.

the workload that the proffessors give out would have to be the most frustrating thing to me, yes this is college but i think that if they would give out less work for homeword and do more work inside the classrooms that we would not be swamped with things to do when we get home.

Cameron

Medaille's strengths are that it's a small campus and there are a number of caring people on campus. Unfortunately it's in a rut. The administration is very out of touch with students and do more harm than good at times. Campus morale is pretty low, and the activities/clubs offered are usually pretty low-quality. The food is not that great and information technology is a joke.

A number of students are shipped in from the inner cities across the state and aren't that serious about learning. Then there are many others who come off as very stuck up and egotistical. Basically, the people you meet here are either the nicest people in the world or the biggest jerks. The athletes are practically worshiped here, and if you're not part of their clique, forget about people liking you. Most students commute so they are more worried about parking spots and their cars than the school itself. There is very much an unwarranted sense of self-importance amongst the student body here, and it's very sad to watch.

I really tried to like it here. I turned down chances to transfer but it's still been a big disappointment. If there were less snobs and corruption here, this could be a real gem in Buffalo. Sadly, we're just stagnating because the school refuses to make any sort of move that won't save or earn them money.

Thankfully, no. Most of of the students here are of the traditional college age. Nor do we play with shadow puppets, nor do we walk around with blue words scribbled on our foreheads.

The classes are usually small in size so it's not hard to meet people. Medaille regularly boasts about the faculty who are teachers first and teach most of the classes...this is partially true. What they don't mention is that most of the teachers for the gen ed/foundational courses are part-time adjuncts who aren't always qualified to teach, nor are available outside of class. Furthermore, there are plenty of professors here who would rather research and publish and will sometimes bully their students into doing it for them as part of a grade. Thankfully, there are a lot of high-quality professors here.

The social life is pretty much non-existent here. The big event every week is clubbing downtown. The clubs here are very weak. The newspaper and Student Government are the biggest clubs here, but they are total jokes. The dorm events are pretty much arts and crafts or chick flick movie nights. Everyone just sits in their dorms every night it seems.

Medaille College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.