Medaille College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Medaille College

Nicholas

I AM A FRESHMAN IN MY SECOND SEMESTER AND I AM TRULY HAPPY WITH MY DECISION TO COME TO MEDAILLE. MY FELLOW STUDENTS ARE AWESOME, AND THE TEACHERS ARE VERY HELPFUL. IT IS A DIVISION I SCHOOL, AND I PLAY VOLLEYBALL FOR THE SCHOOL, AND LOVE IT. THE SUPPORT IS AMAZING AND THE COACHING STAFF IS TOP NOTCH. THE CLASSROOM SIZES ARE PERFECT FOR THE INDIVIDUAL ATTENTION THAT SOME STUDENTS NEED.

Amani

In order to achieve my dream and be a better person to help out our community, I need to get a better education and keep learning. I believe that education is the best key to solve our society's problems. One of the social problems is poverty. Education help to reduce poverty by increasing educated people income. Not only me who needs the education to help our society, but everybody needs education because we're together stronger to build a better society for our future generations. So, education has been never a bad choice for anyone, after all. We begin our amateur teaching careers as children by imposing our superior knowledge on our younger siblings or playmates. In those days teaching is important and it's available almost to everyone! But it is also the most valuable thing to us. Knowledge is the most important thing to all of us. Each historical material that we find today or every story that we heard before have a relationship to teach the new generation about something. Back in time, the people were dying and punished if they got knowledge. The best way to get a degree to help us is in college. College is the place where we can get knowledge and be more useful people. So, as you can see education has been always valuable and worthy for everybody. after I visited Medaille College I found out that Medaille is the best college that I need to attend in order to be a better person. I met the professors and my College Consular It is really the best place for the students who want to get a better education and better opportunities in life and careers. I'm planning to be enrolled at Medaille College in 2018 to be a student there. Amani F. Al-Karkhi

nuliyar

Medaille is a perfect school for someone who particularly prefers to be in a small school environment. The professors are very helpful and available at all times. Medaille offers convenient class times allowing students to be able to work and attend school full-time!

Rebecca

Its an amazing school. I'm enrolled for the 2019 fall semester and am counting down the days until I can attend my classes. Everyone is super friendly and welcoming. The smaller campus size is not a harsh transition from a high school. Being right off Parkside, there are plenty of fun activities to end your night with.

pam

Medaille is neither a Veterinary school of Veterinary biomedical school, its a Vet tech program not Vet medicine program which is illegally misleading. I have to leave this program What a waste of time I wanted to help animals and you have teachers who are Phds who need work so they go into teaching without taking a teaching class or any instructional design class They approach everything from their perspective not helping the student to learn the subject so more than 75% of the class drops out and leaves the college. They purposely make you fail and don't care cause they know youll spend more next year on the program. Why we have gathered 26 students current and former to file legal complaints for our money back with the NYSED OCUE who oversees these despicable colleges. We have also retained an attorney and are seeking damages for lost time, lost educational opportunities. When a Phd cannot present a certificate to teach then there is a problem. This college is taking peoples money kids money and a lot of it. Not providing services like IOTT is what Medaille is good at doing . The college is small and should be shut down. They cannot get qualified instructors who care and know how to get material across to their students. My dad instructs adults and he said from what he has seen the instructors are arrogant teaching above the students heads these are going to be Vet tech NOT Veterinarians making only 12-15 dollars an hour at best. if you attend you will be wasting a lot of your hard earned money and don't forget youll need to pay it back someday. Both Medaille program and NY State has failed in the Vet tech initiative. The state charges money o be one with little payback and the college Medaille takes your money and doesn't instruct you properly. I can only hope this college will be shutdown. More students need to complain to NYSED OCUE tell your story and sooner or later they will. When professors don't teach and more than 3/4 of the class fails with the rest barely passing their a political corrupt connection that must be stopped here.

jess

I don't really know where to start. In the beginning I was so excited to start Medaille, only to learn that it's very misleading... Let's just say I don't go there anymore. I never thought I would have had to transfer as well as feeling the need to write a negative review ... First of all, if you have questions, don't count on your teachers to get back to you at a convenient time!! 90% of the time my teachers never replied to my emails in convenient time, and some didn't reply at all!!! I'm not kidding. They only get back to you during their office hours so if you're doing an assignment at night and have a question, forget it! My math teacher was brutal with never getting back to me, and I ended up having to drop the algebra class, but never understood why since I had 85-100 grades in algebra all throughout high school an even took a pre-college algebra class!! Wow. So, I dormed at Medaille and I loved the dorms and the convenience of dorming, however, I found myself just sit-ing around a lot with nothing to do. Good thing I lived only 20 minutes away... Also the students are very "clique-y", I felt like I was back in high school. Lastly, don't even get me started on the vet tech program! This was my dream job and I even had 2 years of Boces animal science under my belt. Unfortunately, I no longer am apart of the vet program because of the unfair grading system!! I had a B+ in my first vet class and an impeccable grade in lab, as well as perfect attendance for both! Not to mention I completed every vivarium task I had (cleaning the animal cages at 7am before classes, free labor if you ask me) and guess what, MY TEACHER FAILED ME!!!! Over ONE worksheet on an African Tree Frog!!! What a crock! Medaille has these "essential tasks" and there's at least 20 of them for each vet course, and if you miss ANY of them, even if you have a 100% grade, you're done for. They are so fail happy I tell you. I was devastated when I received the news via email after finding out I got an 85 on the final exam. Just because of a single worksheet. I begged my professor to pass me and even asked if this meant that I had to retake both lecture and lab, in which I never got a reply, no surprise there!! I am not going to retake a class I put SO much time and effort into, AND STRESS! Sorry, just isn't worth it for the $$$ a vet tech makes. So Medaille lost a good student. I am now in the process of working on my prerequisites for nursing.

Vivi

Phenomenal but money sucking

Devin

I attend Medaille through their online Master's of Clinical Mental Health Counseling. This college was very misleading from the start, and did not inform online students that the program was not yet accredited, something necessary for licensure in my particular career choice. Teachers are frequently unavailable and do not often respond to emails or phone calls. It is very difficult to get assistance, and my classmates and I are frequently left to fend for ourselves. Technologically speaking, we use Blackboard for assignments and coursework. There seem to always be technical issues, which prevents the successful completion of assignments and exams. I am now a year into my program and I find that I have yet to encounter a course that went smoothly. Some professors are better than others, and I have found a few that I would not mind taking a course with again. However, I would not recommend this program to anyone who has a low tolerance for frustration, as it has consistently caused me to question whether or not a transfer would be in my better interest.

Julia

“College is a $120,000 hooker, and you’re the idiot that fell in love with her.” - John Mulaney That is right, I am the idiot that fell in love with Medaille College. From the use of such hostile language, you may think that I regret my decision. It is actually the opposite. I am so grateful to be attending a school that I love and feel like I belong. Before I talk about the good things, I would like to point out some of the less favorable things about Medaille College. Let us skip the mediocre things such as less than average food, and dive into some deeper topics. First, Medaille College is outrageously expensive for what it offers. This is not the type of school that I would go to if I did not get a hefty scholarship. However, they do hand out scholarships generously. Second, Medaille College lacks in the administrative department. It is often hard to get a hold of offices such as Student Accounts or Financial Aid, but with persistence, you can always find your way. Third, the school was infested with bed bugs for months during my second year. Picture this; you arrive just in time for your 8am Business Law class, and with a coffee in hand, you sit in your regular seat in the last row. All of your books and laptop are out, then BAM. A creepy crawler crawls across the top of your table. You scream; it is indeed a bed bug. But hey, at least it got you out of class. I want to step away from the negativity and talk about the reasons why I love Medaille College. For one, the school is small and familiar. Class sizes range from about six to twenty five students per class. I love the things that small class sizes offer, like more one on one time with professors and individualized lessons. Students really get to know their professors and professors are always willing to help. Coming from a rather small high school, I greatly appreciate this aspect of Medaille College. The second reason why I love Medaille College is that it employs the greatest academic advisor of all time. I never felt that I was being guided in the wrong direction. I trust my advisor, and my advisor trusts me, and for me that is extremely important. Lastly, I love Medaille College because I feel at home. Even though I am from an ethnic minority, I truly feel like I belong here. It consists of students from every background. I think that this is the most important aspect of choosing which school to go to, and I can assure that everyone can find their place at Medaille College. Overall, I could not see myself spending the most important academic years in my life anywhere other than Medaille College.

T

Really enjoyed my time at Medaille even though I commuted. There was a lot of opportunity to join clubs make great new friends. I'm a top student and came in from an ivey league U and found that my program was no "walk in the park". my program was rigorous, and assessments were tough. The projects and assignments tested your knowledge and understanding and allowed for useful feedback from instructors. The faculty was great and went out of their way to be available and answer our questions. Class sizes were just right and we had a lot of group work that allowed us to work together, get to know eachother, and use everyone's strengths to complete the rigorous assignments. All the work we did and everything we learned was very useful and applicable in the "real world" of teaching. The campus was beautiful and always clean in addition to being well maintained. Amherst, NY is great little town where we would go out after classes to have coffee and listen to live music every week to unwind. Loved this school!