Augusta, GA
Georgia Health Sciences University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Georgia Health Sciences University

Mark

I first would tell him how many more career options would be available. The more income he could make with a better education, how a degree will help you to have a more successful lifestyle. How it would be easier to relay the importance of the college education, or how the college experience could inrich his life, help to make make life long friends and connections. The joy and self gratification completing this journey will provide.

Israel

I would go Back in time and tell myself that you never graduate from High school But because of not graduateing we go to mexico and we get a cool job at the college and make more time then we know what to do with and due to that we become stock investors and meet people that will impact your life.I would tell myself that college is a black hole of learning all the knowlege that we ever wanted to know we can find it in college.I would tell my self that in college life is less stressful but always turn your assignments in on time and always turn in your papre work on time.The I would tell myself to aplie for as many scholarships as possible ans that we enjoy learning and college in the future.

Charlaine

This school is fun, organized, and the professors will go out of their way to help you.

I would advise myself to not be afraid of what is ahead. What you put in is what you get out. Perseverance, dedication, and commitment is important for being successful. I would advise myself to review scholarships early. I would also remind myself to stay focused even though there may be many distractions. I would give myself advice about being organized because this is imperative for maintaining good grades. Maintaining a good GPA is also very important since this in itself will open many doors. Decide on a career path and keep working towards it. Do not give up, do not lose faith, just keep pushing on. Your GPA is important for the field you want to enter so ensure that you research universities and their requirements. Research 3 or 4 universities you might be interested in. Esure that credits transfer and check costs associated with acquiring a degree. As a university student do not procrastinate or leave studying for the last minute. You cover a great deal of work in the semester and the accumulative final encompasses all the material so ensure that you are reviewing and working problems everyday. Good luck in your studies.

There is not much that is frustrating about this school. It seems well organized and there are many activities to partake in. I think that it is frustrating as a non traditional student that it is mandatory for me to pay for services I do not need. I pay for the Wellness Center even though I have a gym membership so I am paying twice. There are many other expenses that I think a student should be given the option to waive.

jordan

To be true to myself. HIgh school is hard enough academically, and to always try to fit in, and not just accept yourself for who you are personally is the best way to go. I tried to fit in with the cool kids to be accepted and ended up in trouble, and here I was an "A" student with a ton of volunteer and extracurricular activities going on. I am a musician and wasn't accepted by many kids because I wasn't a jock. IT doens't matter what others think about you . Be true to yourself. Stand up for what you believe in and don't bow to peer pressure. I really wish I had done this, and will follow this rule as I move on to college. I am great at music, not so good at sports...but I am worth the time I invest in my self and my dreams. I don't need to be measured by anyone elses' ruler but my own. thank you Jordan Ashton

Bibiana

My classmates were the most loving, helpful, caring, and enthusiastic bunch of individuals that any person going through such a rigorous laboratory curriculum would hope for.

I have learned a lot about myself including my strengths, weaknesses and insecurities during my college experiences. College not only teaches you about the curriculum that you are studying, but it also gives a lot of life experiences that a person can not get from just doing didactic work. I have lost and gained friends during my college life, as well as developed lifelong relationships. There is so much growth involved with attending college that it is almost necessary to take the opportunity to attend school.

The worst thing about my school is that the different programs were very segregated.

Adoniran

If one could reverse time, assuming knowledge would not change, that reversal would be beneficial. One example would be of a high school senior who graduates with honors, gets a full scholarship to go to college, but due to life circumstances loses everything. This person would be me. As my high school years went by and as I tried my best and gave my best, I learned valuable lessons; learned to fight for my rights and conquer what seemed to be life. Unfortunately decisions would prove me wrong; life would teach me how tough it is to fight. Due to circumstances in my life, I lost my scholarship and found myself in debt. If going back in time was available nowadays, I would make better decisions; I would know what to do when hard circumstances, which at the time seemed impossible to overcome, would affect me and my decisions. If I could go back in time, I would not take myself and my abilities for granted; I would value what I have and love who I perceived to be. If only reversal in time was possible, I would have conquered the world with the knowledge I have today.

Sandra

The Medical Cllege of Georgia is the only full service health sciences university in the state of Georgia.

I would advise a thorough search for an accredited university that offers a well established and succesful program in nursing. Once the list of universities is complete I would then recommend deciding on a location that would meet my needs (medium sized city versus large urban city). Focus on what the city has to offer for entertainment, travel attractions, recreational activities as well as civic activities. Study the univsersity and see what types of scholarships or grants can be obtained to help with tuition and always visit the campus if possible to get a sense of what it will be like to be a student there.

Any person interested in a healthcare field as well as anyone interested in bench science or research.

Ali

The first advice I would give myself while in high school would be to study hard because in high school I didn't do much of studying. I remember when I first started college; I struggled through most of my courses because I was not prepared for that much studying. If I would have studied hard in high school, I would have been prepared for college mentally and wouldn?t struggle as much as I did. The other advice I would give myself while I was in high school is to research the career fields I would be interested in. I begin college not knowing what to major in and took unnecessary courses that I didn?t even need for my major field. I should have been more focused on my education than social life. Taking a break after graduating from high school was not a smart decision because that slowed me down in my life. Even though I didn?t make smart decisions, I am proud of the struggles that I have overcome an because I will be the first person in my family to finish college in a career that I will enjoy and which also help others.

It is a career and academic focused school. I want to get my money worth and since this school is a well known school around Georgia, I know I can obtain a good job. The teachers are caring and motivating and very helpful in understanding what I need to know for my field. This school also offers 24 hours and seven days a week access to our labs and classrooms and computers if need to get extra studying done. Our faculty also meets with students weekly to see how we are doing in school and outside of the school.

The program I am attending at my school only accepts about 18 students each year. I feel like I belong to a big family when come to class and everyone is so close and very friendly to each other. I also brag about how hard the program is because we have 2-3 tests a week most often times. I love the fast paced program because it?s challenging and makes you want to learn more. I also brag about how wonderful our faculties are, and how my classmates are wonderful people. Students are kind and understanding to each other.

jessica

Its a medical college, so its best known for producing quality health care workers. Its one of the toughest schools to get into in the state, for example in the program which I am in they only take 7 students a year. It is a teaching hospital where it's known that students are going to be in the room participating when patients come in.

It is very hands on. We have a ton of clinical hours intertwined with our demanding class schedule. There is no room to play, its all serious and all study. There is good teacher/student communication. The professors work very closely with the students to make sure that we completely understand our material. They are willing to work with us after class hours to make sure we understand fully. In the clinical sites we are hands on with patients so that we can completely understand patient set up.

I went out of state the first year of college but now in retrosepct it wasn't worth all the money I spent. When I came back in state I got just as good of an education but at a much cheaper cost. Getting out and exploring the world is fun but now I have a huge student loan debt now to pay. If I had just stayed in state I would not have to worry about paying back my loan when I graduate and I could focus on working for the enjoyment of what I do.

Diana

Excellent academics and great reputation including both the Allied Health and the Medical and Dental Schools

I would tell myself to stay (live) at home for the first year and to study with a person who is doing well in the class. Study groups do work.

The impreccable reputation and the rigorous programs

Georgia Health Sciences University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.