Ukiah, CA
Mendocino College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Mendocino College

Madison

I think it is a really great campus with truly amazing professors. The only downsides are that its about a 3 mile walk for anyone that lives in the Ukiah, CA area who doesn't own a car or motorcycle, the food on campus also tends to be a it more expensive then I think it should. There are certain days of the week though that people from the college will bring in free food for the students and faculty.

Kimberlee

i THINK THEY HAVE A GREAT DISTANCE ED PROGRAM ESPECIALLY FOR GE COURSES, AND I LIKE THE INSTRUCTORS. ON CAMPUS COURSES ARE NOT TOO CROWDED AND YOU CAN EASILY CONTACT STAFF. REGISTRATION IS EASY AND ON LINE COURSES ARE AVAILABLE. THERE IS NOTHING REALLY WITHIN EASY WALKING DISTANCE OF CAMPUS, HOWEVER PARKING IS A BREEZE!

Garret Warren

Mendocino college has some very good Professor's that teach a wide array of classes suitable for many majors. Mendocino college has a good IGETC course outline to get your associates degree and aid you in transferring to Universities to further your education. The college has a well-kept campus that is has buses that help students get to the school with little to no trouble.

You should have tried harder to remember your math, because if you had, you could have placed higher and taken Statistics a semester earlier, and you'd be done already. That being said, well done on being awesome in English, because you placed into a 200 level on that one. Don't worry about socializing or looking like the odd man out; most of the people there are adults returning to get a brush up on their education and don't care about a freshman, and the others are freshmen who are too busy with their own studies. The work isn't that much harder and the teacher's aren't scary. Breathe, focus on the work, and don't buy the wrong book by accident. Seriously; you do need to pay attention when buying your books. Keep all receipts when you return the books too. And hey! You have the Lake Country Theatre Company nearby AND you get theatre classes, so you still get to act. And, hey, kid; don't panic that you won't see your high school friends again. You'll see more of them than you thought.

Despite how complicated college in general can be, and how lost a new student can feel, Mendocino makes it very simple. Maybe that's because it's a community college rather than an Ivy League university, but it's a relief when you can just go in and sign up for a class, and even the larger classes have no more than 40 other students at the start of the semester.

Mostly that I don't have to spend as much on my general classes as they do. It's very nifty to take generals at a community college level and enter a 4-year college with two years already done. It doesn't hurt that nearly all the classes will transfer over to a 4-year college of some kind.

Christine

Mendocino College is a two year college that primarily focuses on it's athletes or nurses.

If I could talk to myself as a high school senior I would give the advice I have followed all these years. That is, follow your dreams and be satisfied at every turn. I would advise not to rush into college. Allow time to explore who you really are with out all the pressure of school. I would say to take time to see other countries, speak a foreign language and understand other cultures. I would advise to gain employment in an arena that focuses on your passion for life and avoid the practical reality of financial obligations. Go to college when you've let go of your restlessness and are ready to become a mature, focused student.

A person that is academically driven. It would be a better at a 4 year school.

Brian

I wish I could tell my high school senior self not to rush into college until I have a perfectly clear vision for what skills I needed to learn! For many people, life after high school is a time of self-discovery. I was not self-actualized upon high school graduation; I had yet to discover who I was and how I could best serve the world. However, I was all too happy to accept "College Student" as my personal identity and my pigeon-hole. I had no focus. I based my major on the classes I thought were fun and interesting as a freshman, and I ended up dropping out of college as a Junior because I didn't see a point to my major. If I could do it all over again, I would have tried to gain some life experience. I didn't truly appreciate what kind of rigorous endeavor Higher Learning is supposed to be, and I certainly didn't understand my own mind, study habits, or spirit.

This is an ideal community college for students who are looking to learn real food-related or environment-related skills. It is a great school for those who are wanting to transfer to a California State University or the UC system.

First and foremost, Mendocino College is the greenest community college I have ever seen! The course catalog has a wide selection of subjects. Students have the opportunity to learn real, applicable skills for our changing world. The agriculture department is excellent, and no matter what a student's major is, they will probably want to take at least one agriculture class (Although I'm a mathematics major, I can learn how to manage a nusery!)

Macaela

Its a community college so its cheaper and you can live at your home and go to school and save money until you transfer.

I woud tell myself to work as hard and learn as much as i can because it pays off in college.

The worst thing about my school is that they don't offer a lot of the same classes.

Esmeralda

A rural community college with small classes, caring techers and a friendly small-town atmosphere.

We recently installed a large high tech solar energy field.

My senior year was a disaster. I stopped caring about school and homework, ditched class almost every day, and just couldn't wait to turn 18. My grades plummeted and I even left my graduation early, despite having a B average before senior year. In a perfect hypothetical time-travel situation, I would be able to follow myself around my whole senior year, making sure I went to every class and fulfilled my potential while I still had the chance to create good scholastic habits, rather than destructive ones. I would tell myself that this habit of procrastination and laziness would not end when I got into my dream school (which I did). I would tell myself how I would screw up in another state at a school I loved. "Do you really want to move back to your mom's house? Do you?! ...that's what I thought. Now just turn off the car and go back to class. Algebra isn't that bad, I promise. You'll be thanking me when we get all our math classes done in the first two years."

Mendocino College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.