Atherton, CA
Menlo College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Menlo College

Lorena

Menlo cares about its students and their success.

Menlo cares about its students and their success.

College for me has been one of the most challenging, inspiring and life changing phases of my life. When being dropped off at Menlo, my freshman year, I truly had a very hard time adjusting to college life; academically, socially and emotionally with the distance from home. My rough start made me so appreciative the staff and faculty who welcomed me and made my transition easier, along with helping me meet an amazing group of friends. I am presently a junior in college but due to unfortunate financial difficulties last semester, I had to take a semester off. You never know how valuable the gift of an education is until the opportunity is taken away from you. I do not believe I would still be a junior in college or have this outlook if it wasn't for the staff and faculty at Menlo who changed my life and made me feel like I had a family so far away from home. For people to succeed today a college degree is almost necessary and not only do I believe I am receiving an education and tools to succeed but I am also experiencing relationships that will change my life forever.

Menlo College is a great school for individuals who enjoy smaller classes. If you are interested in business or psychology Menlo has great teachers who care about your success and your education. Though this school is way too small, the friends you make here will be friends forever.

Josef

Well designed school with great teachers, but quite boring.

Well designed school with great teachers, but quite boring.

I've earned great work ethic and the willingness to work hard to learn. It has been valuable to me because it's giving me the skills I need to succeed in my next college, which is academically demanding.

Anyone willing to work hard and get a great education.

Christopher

If I could go back and give myself advice as a high school senior about college, I would advise myself that the most important thing about college is to be thoroughly organized, systematic, keep on top of your academics, pay attention to details, and observe carefully what your professors expect and give it to them as best as you can. I would tell myself to practice these things in high school so it becomes second nature by the time you get to college. In making the transition, I would advise myself to take things seriously and pay attention to details because you will be on your own for the first time. that means be careful with your money and keep in touch with your family for moral support. Most of all, it is important to take care of your health, be smart about getting enough sleep get physical exercise, participate and believe in yourself. Now is the time to really learn your sklls and prepare yourself for your future. Last but not least, I would say to enjoy my college experience!

If I could go back and give myself advice as a high school senior about college, I would tell myself that the most important thing about college is to be thoroughly organized, systematic, keep on top of your academics, pay attention to details, and observe carefully what your professors expect and give it to them as best as you can. Most of all, take care of your health, get physical exercise, participate and believe in yourself. Last but not least, I would say to enjoy my college experience!

The worst and best thing about Melo College is its small size, so it can be viewed either way. It is the best thing because the student to professor ration is 15 to one, but that is also the worst thing ecause you have to be totally prepared for class because you cannot hide it if you are not! Because it is small with about 650 students, you cannot meet a wide variety of people, but conversely, you made friends for life because everyone knows each other.

Chaunetta

Appreciate the time you are in college because it truly is a transition period. It is a time between being supported and supporting yourself. This relates to financial, mental, emotional and spiritual support. Use the time as best as possible to actually transition to adulthood. Use this time to explore what it means to be an adult, to better prepare yourself for the leap. In the process, don't ignore or forget the advice given and the lessons learned. Take all of your successes and failures, strengths and weakness as a stepping stone to a better you. No one is perfect and the lessson learned won't give you all the answers to what the future holds or exactly who you should be, but use the time for exploration for a better transition. It is college after all and no one is expecting you to have all the answers.

Emma

Get yourself in gear. College lif is a lot more challenging than you think. You need to stay motivated and stop slacking with the scholarship applications. Mom and dad aren't always going to be there to help you or hold your hand.They aren't going to be there to bail you out of a situation so make good decisions and think about the things you do. Remember that you are at college for school so don't forget to prioritize. But for now, have fun with high school it is the last few years of your life before you have to start worrying about money or a job. Don't rush it because you can't wait to live on your own, trust me its not as exciting as it seems. Let the people around you help you, stop being so stuborn and just listen to your family. They only want the best for you becasue they love you, and dont forget that no matter where life takes you. Never forget to strive for the best and never settle because it is what's easiest. Strive for excelence.

Someone who is interested in business. Also someone who is looking for a smaller campus setting. The school was the perfect size for me because I was coming from a small town. It was an easier transition than if I would have gone to a large university.

Kelsey

It is unique becuase it is in the center of silicon valley and we get to see what businesses are succeeding and how they are doing it. We are an all business school so the college is able to focus strictly on one major and make the classes great.

I would tell myself that the transition and college life will not be easy. I would warn myself that the journey will have bumps. No matter what happens, every situation will only make you stronger. Stay tough and focused. Always look into the future and look at the bigger picture, because I promise, it will get better. College will be different from what you expected, but give it time because you will learn to love and cherish the surrounding community. Embrace every chance you have to get involved with the community and meet new people. Take a risk because you never know how wonderful it may turn out to be. Relax and have fun because before you know it, you will be walking across the stage receiving your diploma. You will never remember the lecture you had in class, but you will never forget the memories you made with friends. The best nights are the one?s you can?t remember with the friends you?ll never forget.

It is a great place to meet lifelong friends, have close relationships with staff and professors, and is a small learning environment which makes it easy to succeed. The class sizes are small and it makes the learning experience more fun and easy. Help is always acessible at anytime if you just ask.

Sidra

My classmates are friendly and very supportive.

My classmates are friendly and very supportive.

My school gives students the opportunities to learn one-on-one with a professor. It also requires extra help with any course work or personal work that a student may need in order to succeed. Menlo College requires students to do internships in their major so they may have experience by the time they graduate and would be ready to start in the workplace with the skills and experience learned inside and outside the classroom.

To focus, be open minded, and not afraid to explore is the first advice I would give myself if I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior. There is so much information available to us, so I would tell myself to research different fields and to see what suits me best. Then I would get to know and network with people from that field either through family, friends, or going to organizations in the area. I would also tell myself to be outgoing and being involved with activities. Being involved may be a good load of work, but the experience teaches the person. I would definitely tell myself to choose a small school because there are many great resources available in order for students to succeed. It is also easier to make a difference in a small college and to network closely because it'll be these classmates who will be the future leaders. I would also tell myself to work in my chosen field to build experience and to learn skills. All the learning will definitely ensure my success as a future leader in my major.

jessica

If i could go back in time as my senior year in highschool, the adviced i'd give myself is not to give up, and try harder and harder if you don't understand and complete every little thing as possible, because you will need it later in life.

Dallen

Dallen, as you embark into furthering your education make sure you use this time wisely. You should take the service/religious based leave to New York when you turn 21 because it will give you the greatest insight into life that you've experienced to date. If you want to attend a larger university, or try anything unique, or even anything out of the ordinary, don't be afraid to because you never want to say, "I wish I had . . . ." Apply your experience in basketball to life: your school had never won a state championship and you helped lead them to that through determination, hard-work, and continually learning the game. As you put that into affect through other aspects of life you?ll always come out on top. Also carryover the lessons learned from growing up in a rural community to help others succeed. When a community is united and striving towards the same goal no one can stay the hand of success, yet when it?s in a tumultuous state it disrupts any progress foreseen. Contribute in your college to give back what was given to you.

Shaunte

look at more options for majors and make sure you make all the right choices ahead of time so you can graduate.

What classes to take so i can be on the right track to graduate.

someone that want more interaction between school and professors because theirs a lot of help here.

Menlo College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.