Atherton, CA
Menlo College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Menlo College

Tenea

My classmates are very friendly, inspiring, smart, movtivating, and have goals that i can relate to.

If I could go back in time with the experience I have I would educate myself on what to prepare for. I would tell myself to stay motivated and work for my goals. I would say that i would have to work hard and know when to get help with school work. I would say that i have be organized and focused on what i need to get done. I would tell myself to prepare for the real world.

I wish that I would have known more about my schools history and achievements

I would tell myself to really look at where you want to go to college, and trust your first instinct. College is a huge step in life and you want to make sure that you are happy at where you are at, because if your not college life only gets harder. I have transfered from University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee to Menlo College making several stops at community colleges along the way. Now finally being happy at Menlo, I wish I would have trusted my first instinct when it came to choosing my college, if I had I probably would have not had to take 5 years. I would also tell myself to make sure to balance out having fun, work, and school. I feel that too many times I have had to miss out on the "college experience", because I have been to focused on school or work. College is where you make friends for life and I wonder how many I have missed out on. Stay close to your family or friends. It is always good to hear a voice from home, and sometimes when you have a rough day they can make it all better.

Any person should attend this school. One of the many great things about it is its size. It is a smaller school, and so the teachers can really get on a personal with the students. So anyone that is looking for a small school that can give them academic attention should attend Menlo College. Plus those that are looking for a major in business should come to Menlo College, it is the foremost college for business in the Bay Area.

I would say any student that would perfer a larger school should not come to Menlo. Plus you have to check the majors offered, because limited majors are offered.

Cheyenne

If I could travel back in time to when I was a senior in high school I would give myself the best advice to make the happiest and most successful transition I could. I would advice myself to keep up my academic studies while working a job and completing scholarships. I wish I could go back and motivate myself to work more at home because I not only receive financial benefits, but it helps my parents out too. I wish I could tell myself to save my money and not waste it on silly, pointless objects or activities because I would need the money more when I entered the 'real world.' I definately wish I could tell myself to apply for scholarships and grants, because in college, most of my time is spent on homework and my job; I do not have much time for applying for financial assistance. I would tell myself to pack more pictures and objects to decorate my room with, it makes it feel more cozy!

Any individual that does not like a small community should definately not attend Menlo College. Menlo College has approximately seven hundred and fifty students attending it with a 15:1 ratio of students to teacher; so anyone that like a class room full of over a hundred students would not like to attend this school. Despite the fact that the are Menlo is located is also a rather small community, it has many city-like features. Any person that does not like city, small communities, and knowing almost everyone around you and vise versa would not like to attend Menlo.

The area Menlo College is located in can get very frustrating. I do like the traffic flow here at times. I especially do not like the fact sometimes that I am located in the Silicon Valley; where everything is expensive! Though I have learned many valuable lessons from my college experience what it is like to legidimately be 'poor,' sometimes I wish I was raised by wealthy parents that spoiled the crap out of me like many of the surrounding students attending this school. The wealth that runs through some of the students and area can be very frustrating.

Kaila

After being in college for a year and half, I figured out what the most challenging objective was; keeping my own identity and not allowing others to influence decisions based off of my education. The most important thing in not only college but life it's self is to never contemplate who you are but rather what you want to do for the rest of your life. If I could sit down with high school senior version of me I would tell myself to go into college with a positive attitude about everything. Make studying something fun, make eating the cafeteria food taste like a gourmet meal, and make your classes seem like discussions with friends. But the most important thing to tell myself would be never to lose who you are. Just because you are opening a new door into your life and are provided the opportunity to make new friends does not at all under any circumstances mean that you have to change YOU. We are all strong individuals with power to succeed and be great in life. Always remember to speak your own words and dance your own moves. Be proud of who you have become.

The best thing about Menlo College is the encouragement the faculty and staff provide in order to succeed in the future and be positive and strong leaders. This is a benefit to the students attending Menlo College because we are being prepared for reality once we step out into the world and have to be productive and influential on our own. The support from the staff and faculty provides a comfort for me in knowing that I am going to be a strong part of the business world and benefit other individuals with the knowledge I am given.

The one thing I brag about most is the strong community that Menlo College has formed. The students all have powerful relationships and benefit each other with friendliness and happiness. Everyone at Menlo is treated equally which makes it a place that is easily adjustable for any new student, no matter if they are straight out of high school or a transfer student.

Bill

A diverse place where I have made many friends from around the world.

A diverse place where I have made many friends from around the world.

Great people and friends that are close with me.

Find a college that fits your personality. Don't freak out if you don't get accepted to your first choice, I didn't and I am happy at the school I ended up going to. In fact I am glad the other school rejected me now.

Joey

My small independent school is so perfect for me a student with learning disabilities, I am cared about and excepted for myself by my teachers and friends that I will have forever.

When I was in High School I was told that I would propbably only be able to go to a 2 year college and I would never be able to go to a four year college away. As far back as I remember, I always wanted to go away to college to experience the independence and the challenge that I COULD DO IT. All during my schooling I was in special day classes as well as having my classes modified for my learning disability. I knew that there were several colleges that I could go to but I knew in my heart that I would not survive in a big university. I was not interested in a sorority , the rahrah sis boombah. I wanted an education, a trade and the feeling of being totally included. Well I found that place at Menlo College in Atherton California, a small college with teachers and staff and friends all there to assist you. I am so happy in this school that I can not tell you. I just want you all to know that there is always a school out there for what ever your needs are. I found that school.

I really must say that I do not feel that there is a worst thing about my college, I love it, I only hope that I can stay there for the whole four year as it is very costly for me.

My school is best known for there business program. Menlo is a graet school. The students are fun and life long friends!!

Ben

Menlo college is known as silicon valley's best business school. It is very small and poeple who live in the area have never heard of it. lol i like the school because i am a business major and i like the atmosphere. it is pretty expensive but i have met cool people and been challenged to graduate.

One thing that I would recommend to someone about going to college would be to work to apply to many so you have a choice. The selection portion of finding a good college is important. I know that if I could go back and really work my applications to the fullest of their potential I could have gotten into other schools. Make sure that when you do go to school that you find a healthy balance between party time and study time. Everyone wants to have a fun college experience and in order to make it worth the time and money you need to work hard. Menlo is fun and it has helped me realize that the college experience is what you make of it.

Anyone. any person can come here. there isn't a perticular person that should come here. if you are interested in having a business or marketing degree then you all set to go to menlo.

Matt

To find the right college you need to do research. Not everyone knows what kind of person they are when they graduate from high school, thus a wrong decision may occur. If you are high spirited and would love to open yourself up to many people from different cultures and views you may choose to attend a large school, although some small schools benefit from this too. My best suggestion is to check out campuses before you apply and dont be affraid to ask questions at orientations. The more you talk the more you learn. Almost everyone is willing to help new kids find their way.

Class sizers are small, teachers love to teach, sports are easy to play and still get good grades. Good downtown Palo Alto if over 21

Someone looking for a big school atmosphere

Menlo College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.