Merced, CA
Merced College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Merced College

Virginia

Merced College has a large campus with a centrally-located student services building, a cafeteria and library with wi-fi access (very useful to students), and a great lay-out for easy access to the necessary buildings - while the library is located separately from the main student services, it's location is actually quite nice, away from the hustle and bustle in a much quiter setting - and great resources and activites for the students.

I would tell myself to get a grip on my future, and to put in to get a job and get control of my finances. I would tell myself to apply for the UC Merced campus or CSU Sacramento campus, instead of going to community college. A lot has happened to my since high school, and I didn't do so well my first couple years in community college just because of poor decisions. I have now moved to Merced from Sacramento and have not completed any classes at the community college - I find myself in a horrible financial position and am going to do everything I can to fix the situation. If I could go back in time, I definetly would! I handled finances horribly and still don't have a job in a tough job market - especially in Merced, CA. I really wish I hadn't done this stuff, and would love to be able to do it all over again!

Someone who is committed to education, and doesn't mind the kind of city location they would be in. Merced isn't a big city, but it's not a town either - it doesn't have a whole lot to offer for people who want to 'party' as so many college students are seen as when they go to community colleges. It's a good college, and the professors I have had experience with are good. As long as you do what's required of you, you should get by.

Tory

Probably the only advice I'd go back and give myself if I could would be to talk to the college BEFORE starting the semester. I'd tell myself to talk to a counselor about my educational goals and how to go about getting where I need to be. Having that extra help can make the entire college process much easier, and better in the long run.

I think that the counselors can be a big help, and the classes tend to have less students and learning is much easier in such an environment.

Anyone wanting to transfer to a 4-year university, but can't afford to go to a 4-year right off the bat, should go to a community college for the first two years. Not only will you get the freedom of being able to pay a little less for tuition, but the classes are usually geared towards transfer students, which is a big help.

Sophia

My classmates are preps, hicks, and everything else inbetween, they all came from pretty much the same high school with others mixed in.

My school is best known for how new it is.

I would tell myself to prepare more, and get better study habits. I would also tell myself to take a college class while I am in my senior year.

see

My school is unque is that the college would try their best to keep all tuitions and book cost low where to you don't have to do a loan unlike other colleges their tuitions and book cost three times much more than Merced College therefore those students(the ones that goes to other colleges besides Merced College) have to do more extra loan. Loaning more would increase the students chance of becoming more heavily in debt. The college allows multiculture to gather around together to make a big difference in their education by allowing students to speak their opinions.

If I could trace back time and talk myself into collecting informations about college life, I would advice myself to enroll in K-12 progam where high school student gets opportunity to take some college course that would help me making a step closer to accomplishing my goals in education. Such as getting my AA degree in General education, transfering to University of Pacific and becoming a pharmacy tech. Because back then, during my high school years, I was nevered told that such program existed. Now I, myself motivate my siblings too into taking the opportunity to advance in their education.

I would have to say the best thing about my school is that Merced College gives students the freedom to speak their mental and physical state of mind and provides many open opportunities for students to get involve with. Such as community services, jobs, advisors, therapy, and etc... The freedom to speak from a students physical or mental state of mind gives the greatest opportunity because it gives not only students access to hear important statements of others; their free will grasb onto their professor.

Merced College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.