Merced College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Merced College

I have attended about 2 semesters at Merced College, and I was extremely fond of my teachers, the way they taught their students, and the attitude they had towards trying to motivate the unmotivated. To all the newbies...The students are very welcoming and helpful all you have to do is ask! (they don't bite). I am very excited for next semester to start. Can't wait to meet new teachers and peers, gain some knowledge and get to MERCED COLLEGE!! One more thing, I LOVE the veterans resource center. They are very informative and it's a really helpful place if your a veteran, dependent, or surviving spouse of a service member.

Garrett

I loved my experience here and the professors were amazing. From math all the way down to my major. All of them were there for me and took the time to help and push me forward to my excellence. As my first college it helped pave the way for my future and give me the skills I need to succeed in any academic atmosphere.

Joshua

Merced college's academic's are excellent. The professors are easy to get a hold of and they encourage students to contact them if they have questions. Merced college is small and all buildings are easy to locate and they are aren't far from one another. The on-campus living is non-existent so the best way to get to campus is by driving or by walking from the nearby apartments. As someone who doesn't have a car, I walk from my apartment to campus everyday. The walk is only about 15 minutes and its quick to get used to. Class sizes are just about the same size as a high school classroom. However, if your looking for a college deep into sports, then I recommend you go somewhere else. Merced college's football team isn't the biggest attention grabber on campus and the students don't really talk much about it. As for safety, Merced College has its own police force on campus. You can call for help in an emergency situation clicking on these posts with a button on it. These posts are designed to summon the police to your location in time of emergencies, which I believe is extremely convenient. Overall, Merced college is a great start for students who wish to get their general education out of the way and then transfer to a UC or a CSU.

Madison

Merced College is a good starting point for a college. People give it a bad wrap because it is a two year college, but it is safe, a great learning place, and the college in general is quite clean and well kept. The only thing I would change is the counselors office because it takes over 3 hours to see a counselor, but if you make an appointment then you don't have to wait. Overall it is a lovely school, but not a place to stay forever.

Paola

It is a great community college for people who aren’t ready to go to a 4 year college. This school provides guidance to graduate is 2 years or less if you are committed. This school has fun events with activities and free food. It is a really good school.

Joshua

Merced College is a wonderful place to begin one's college life. I am not a sports person but I can tell that the sports fanatics here are really into their athletic activities. The students here are really serious about their school work, but they can be really relaxed and friendly after class. Intellectual conversations can be heard around the campus and each student has their own opinion and no questions your decisions or beliefs here. The professors here are very easy to get a hold of. You can contact them in person or via email and they will respond as soon as they can. The college offers no on-campus housing since it is a small college, but some apartments and houses are within walking distance and they are at reasonable prices too. The bookstore on campus is clean and organized, which means you can grab whatever you require and be out the door quickly. If your looking for an easy to get to college with a clear understanding of organization, diversity, and commitment to success, then Merced College is for you.

Brandon

Merced college, like most other local community colleges, is nothing but a stepping school to be used for transferring the hell out of here. The classes are overcrowded. The professors, when available, are not always the most helpful. And the overall spirit of the campus is depressing, but what else would you expect from a community college?

Jazzelle

I think the systematic way they do things can be updated. They seem to not be growing with the rest of the colleges around them. They are fairly new to the community colleges around the area, nevertheless, they should keep up with the daily quota. However, there are a few teachers who are excited to teach and anticipate questions form their students.

April

Merced College is a great way to start yourself in the right direction for your life. It's affordable if you have a job but difficult to keep up being a full time student and working full time at the same time. The classes are small enough to get 1 on 1 time with the professors while the student body is full of like and kind, caring people!

Angelica

I like the school. The kids there are really nice and are willing to help out. The classes are great I feel like I actually learn in the classes. They provide clubs, however there are not that many and I wish there were more. So far I never had a problem getting into the classes I want.

Ruben

For someone who wants to pursue a career, Merced College is a great way to start. The staff is very helpful and the counselors will go over their limit to help. Merced College is a very clean campus and people respect the community. The professors are very helpful in ways to help you understand the material and in any way outside of class.

Marita

Merced College is a small intellectual community college, where I a current high school student has taken advantage of taking along with my high school courses to obtain college credit. Despite being much younger than most students I have always felt welcomed. The professor is always present to help one improve their grades and receive a true education.

Cesar

I believe that Merced College is a great step towards higher education; it's affordable for a two year college and is situated in a good location. I believe the college will help me reach my goals to my career in the future, and I wish they offered scholarships that didn't require essays or SAT/ACT scores.

Olga

Good junior college to get started in extending education passed high school if you are local. I hope no one travels too far to attend. A lot of the students seem as if they just do it for the financial aid grants. Professors are good, although I had some complaints with the calculus professors.

Geraldy

Merced College in its entirety reaches expectations of what a community college should meet. Tuition is affordable and financial and academic aid is offered for those who seek it. As well as offers degrees fitting requirements of your major and for students who want to transfer to a University or State school.

Patrick

I’m excited to attend this campus in fall of 2019. I’m ready to pursue my career in opening my own fabrication shop am attending this campus an reviving my A.A. Degree when help me reach my goal in life. One of the main things I love about this campus is that it is local for me.

Julianna

The main campus in Merced is great. But the sister campus in Los Banos is severely underdeveloped, to the point where taking classes there is a waste of time. A student would be better off going to the main campus from the start.

Leslie

I think it is a great school that offers a lot of help to its students. There are constant workshops available for different things, and scholarships are available in March. The food is decently priced, and the coaches for sports are understanding. As long as you ask your professors for help, you should get an A in your classes.

Olga

I love Merced College. As a returning student to education they have made it so easy for me to adjust. Everyone is friendly and very helpful. I would highly recommend this college to everyone. If not sure about our school, please feel to contact me and I would love to take you on a tour.

Jose

Merced College is a great place to start your major if you're unable to attend SCU or a UC. While there is no on-campus housing, there are houses nearby the school that could be for sale if you decide to move here. There are many activities that you can do and many clubs to join if you have the extra time or just feel like joining a club of your interest. The food is great on campus, but if you don't feel like eating on campus then there are many services that you can go to like the mall which is a few minutes away from the school. I'm really enjoying my time here inside and outside the classrooms.

Antonia

As an older student, returning to school was a big surprise for me because the youth are very compassioned and accepting towards old people trying to educate themselves. Younger generation are full of hope. They are open and accepting of differences.

Nou

My experience at Merced College has been a good one. I've met great professors whose been willing and eager to help. The students interaction is great as well no rude encounters so far in my four years of attending Merced College. The school has many help options available to the student throughout the week from study central to a place to study.

Esteban

Merced College is nice community college in terms of size, academics, students, and professors. The student body are diligent in their studies , however they make sure to still have fun. The college provides many building with designated study areas around the college to suit the students.And the professors are always willing to answer any questions to help the students better understand the material.