West Windsor, NJ
Mercer County Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Mercer County Community College

Fixed  rate loan

Kathryn

Mercer is a great school for people who even if you have money but just want to save it. I am here and I was in the top 15% of my high school this allowed me to get a great scholarship to here and is saving me money in the long run and I will most likely leave a 4-year after I transfer with very little if any debt thanks to this place. That to me was the decision make. I was admitted to other schools but found that I liked the way Mercer was set up so that I had great classes and saved money. There is also an honors program at the school for those interested in transferring afterward.

Daniel

Mercer County Community College is a fantastic institution of higher education. The college faculty and staff are accessible and understanding, the extracurricular opportunities are abundant, and the academic course work is substantive. One of the unique aspects of this college is that professors are almost always available to tend to the needs of students. Whenever I needed to address a concern to one of my professors, or even if I just wished to speak with them further about a topic we had learned in class, I was never turned away. I believe that this speaks to the integrity and passion that the faculty of this college has for higher education. Moreover, there are a wide variety of opportunities that students have to participate in on- and off-campus activities. For example, since I have a passion for politics, I created my college’s first politically oriented club. Regarding off-campus activities, this college provides students with opportunities to volunteer with local organizations, engage in work-study programs, and seek internships. As well as, Mercer County Community College fosters an advanced, substantive academic agenda that has the student in the center of its assembly. No matter what your area of interest is, this college will either have courses/majors in that interest area to pursue, or will be open to establishing a program that will adhere to your interest. As well as, the courses offered at this college are challenging, yet rewarding. I believe this is a tribute to the devoted faculty this college attracts and supports. Overall, this college has exceeded my expectations. Even though I will be transferring to another academic institution to continue my undergraduate education, I will maintain my relationship with this institution for years to come.

Fabiola

My overall opinion on Mercer County Community College is quite unpopular. That is, because I have actually enjoyed my time here since the beginning I walked in as a freshman. The class sizes, the material, the knowledge that professors have, the accessibility and opportunities all has made my experience run smoothly. Though there are certain things that the college could improve such as the amount of clubs that there are on campus or the financial aid system, overall, it has been a pleasant experience. As an American Honors student, my advisors have made sure to keep me updated and offer different opportunities when it comes to volunteer work and/or college campus visits. So far, I have two more semesters to go and I will finish my Associate's degree happily and well-informed.

Shirley
The college of choice

The college of choice

Mercer county is a great community college. You can go for 2 years and transfer to a 4 year college which saves on expenses and you still will get that 4 year education. You don't live here so you do have to commute daily. They supply a great education and prepare you for your career!!

My school is very diverse and accepts anyone who is willing to work for what they want and, also, help them get back on their feet.

The advice I would give my high school self would be to save all the money you can and to work harder than you did. Everything matters when you leave high school: grades, money, people you know, people who know you. Do not take everything for granted and work as hard as you can.

I wish I had known of all the extra-curricular activities I could have joined ahead of time. I found out too late about al the different clubs I could join within my major.

Jonathan

Mercer Community College has an abundance of different types of classes like a Police Academy on campus, Aviation and my chosen major Funeral Service. The teachers and employees at the school make the experience of going to school pleasant. Though the school is not in my home town and I have to travel one hour and fifteen minutes it's all worth the travel.

Cailin

If I were able to go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I'd say 2 simple words: Try harder. To be competely honest, I didn't try my hardest to get into college. Yes, I maintained A's and B's throughout my high school years, but when it came to applying for school, I gave myself limitations. I told myself "I don't have enough money for a 4 year school, so why bother?" I never tried. In reality, I think I was nervous about going away to school and I gave myself excuses. At this point, I attend Mercer County Community College, about 20 minutes from my house. I enjoy the classes but it seems as if it's just another high school. My dream is to go to FIT in New York, and become a graphic designer. If I had the oppurtunity, I'd tell myself to apply to FIT, apply for scholarships and get loans. And now, because of my stupidity, I'm struggling more with money in order to transfer to FIT next year. The best advice I could give is to try harder. Anything is possibly if you try.

Mercer County Community College, in my opinion, is meant for people who want to figure out their plan for the future. The community college is great for people who: don't know exactly what they want to do, don't have the financial ability to go to a 4 year school or want to transfer. Personally speaking, I didn't have the money to attend the school I had chosen, so I'm attending Mercer for a year. And hopefully transferring to the Fashion Institute for graphic design!

Everyone should attend school, at least if they want to create a career for themselves. School is meant to push people, and gear them towards living in the real world. Every signle person could benefit from education, especially at Mercer County Community College. On the other hand, if one doesn't care about gaining knowledge then any school, not just MCCC, isn't meant for them.

Krystina

Mercer county is a good start to my education, and a place where I can attend for a decent price.

The transition into a community college isn't as hard or different as the transfer into a four-year school. I was able to keep my job, stay at home, and stay close to everyone I cared about. The only thing I would say to myself is to continue to strive for high grades. The work load is larger and the classes are longer and harder, so it does surprise you at first. However, if you concentrate and make school work your number one priority you can succeed and better prepare yourself for the transition into a four-year school. Don't take anything lightly, you need to really pay attention and try to get to know your professors because it's always better to be able to contact them if you need help. Don't be afraid to ask for help either, it can possibly make your grade in class higher because they know you put effort into learning. The transition like I said isn't as hard into a two year school, but as long as you strive for excellence you will achive with hard work.

The only problem that I have with Mercer is that it is still kind of on the small side and fairly old so it could use an update.

Richard

I would of told myself to buckle down and study hard so that I could of taken a few more college prep courses that would of helped me out to save money and time. I would of put more thought into what I wanted to do with my life after high school so that I would of stuck with one career option instead of switching my major. It is hard as a high school student to think that ahead but before you know it high school is over and you growing up and out there in the real world making a go of it as an adult but now at this stage of my life I do wish I had taken it more seriously.

There was not too much more to know. I knew it was a community college and that I could still stay at home while studying for my career.

Any student who would prefer to stay local and not have too much pressure in the early stages of learning.

April

Given the ability to travel back in time to myself as a high school student, the advise I would give is "never give up." Of all the lessons I have learned, this one has been the most important, and often times the most challenging. The experiences you have will help shape the person you become. Choose the paths that adhere to your integrity. Do not compromise your core believes because things seem hard or too challenging, as those are the paths that come with the greatest rewards. Do not be discouraged with your road makes unexpected turns. There are lessons to be learned in these directions, and your instincts will lead you to your own happiness, provided you listen to them.

The tradeoff with community college in general has been an innabiliy for significant acceleration of study. Particularly in the arts, I have found that my classroom peers have been able to make it through the community college system, irregardles of skill level. There is little ability for an advanced student to recieve the kind of competitive challenges a student in a 4-year college would due to the level of ability of the majority.

Community colleges are a great way for any student, without restrictions. Most young adults do not have a clear idea about what paths in life they want to follow. Community colleges offer an economic solution in career exploration. One can choose to "try on" as many career-path interests as they can without causing significant financial debt, irregardless of their financial situation.

Mercer County Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.