Macon, GA
Mercer University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Mercer University

Winifred

Mercer University is best known for their pre-professional programs such as pharmacy, medicine, engineering, business, and music. They offer a variety of courses to not only prepare you for your field of study but to also become well rounded in all areas. The pre-pharmacy program has a guaranteed admissions programs that allows the student to attend Mercer's pharmacy school in Atlanta, Georgia. The engineering program is one of the top engineering programs inthe nation. These professional tracts allow the student to explore that field and prepare them for the next step after college.

A piece of advice I would give myself would be to allow time to have fun and don?t be bogged down with so much work. I would tell myself to tackle homework early and study notes for tests more than a week beforehand. Reading over material and notes each night and picking up a little information along the way is helpful for studying for tests. That hinders the possibility of cramming the night before because the information would have been digested by then. I would also encourage myself to be involved and choose activities wisely so as to not eliminated study time. I would tell myself to ask for help at the first sign of trouble and not be ashamed for asking. The biggest thing is spending money wisely and buying cheaper books online before going to the bookstore. Other than that only experience can make me a better college student.

The best thing about Mercer University is the lively campus and endless activities that occurr on campus. They are a tremendous amount of organizations to become apart of in addition to Greek life as well. Homecoming games, iceless ice skating, and bonfires are only a few things that take place on Mercer's campus. Even the academic clubs have fun organizing experiments for the rest of the student body to experience. Everything that takes place on campus brings students together and become like a big Mercer family!

Timothy

Most students here come from strong academic back grounds in high school. Classes are fairly tough and require you to have good communication skills with your classmates.

If I had the opportunity to go back and revisit myself as a high school senior, the most important thing that I would tell myself would to keep faith and that to come in with your game face on. When I started college, I was not mentally ready for the college atmosphere. Unlike high school, in college you control your own fate. The teachers here are not here to be friends or hold your hand during the semester. As a college student you have to have a drive to achieve your goals that you set. I would tell myself to stay focused and to go in with Faith knowing that God wouldn?t let me get this far to fail. I would set in my head the hard work is what will lead to my success later in life.

Brooke

Hardworking students who enjoy challenges, to better themselves and their futures!

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior after knowing my transistion to college, I would advise myself to work hard, stay on track, and succeed. The struggle that I think many high school graduates face is independence. While I see rising college students are coming into their adulthood and becoming more independent, they still need structure. I would tell myself to have fun and make friends, but work hard beginning to finish. Secondly, I would encourage the thought of staying on track. After a few years of the grueling school work and routine of classes day in and day out, students get boggled down. Though these moments arise, I would tell myself to pick myself up and continue the journey of excellence that benefits my future. By staying on track, I would be continuing my knowledge and skill, without the interruptions that life may throw my way. Finally, I would tell myself, you have succeeded! I once heard that action is the foundational key to all successes; working hard and staying on track are actions that would lead me to succeed! I would close with best wishes for my new adventure!

Someone who is not willing to put forth the effort for the rewarding degree from Mercer University. This college requires a lot out of each and every student, but having Mercer on your diploma is elite!

Maya

Mercer Univeristy is a beautiful university that takes pride in their students achievements and is always encouraging their students to do their best by working very hard.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would say apply for early admission to the schools you really want to be admitted to. By applying for early admission, you have a higher chance of getting accepted into the school as well as the opportunity to receive more scholarships from that school. I would also advise myself to keep some of the material you received from your AP courses, because the material can be very useful for the courses pertaining to your Biology/ Pre-medicine major. Finally, I would encourage researching for scholarships and internships that will be very beneficial to your college success and hopefully future career as a Pediatrician. As far as the social life, do not be afraid to speak your mind, because some people actually care about what you have to say and you never know how your view could change others opinions on the subject. Overall, just be yourself and do not change for others, being you is what makes you unique and one of the reasons why the college accepted you.

People who are open-minded, like small classes and love discussions should attend this school. People who also enjoy sports, but aren't not very good will also love this school because of the great intermural program.

Denechia

If I could go back in time to talk to myself as a high school senior knowing what I know now about college life there are several things I would discuss with myself. I would tell myself to open a bank account and start and continue to save money. I would tell myself to get one credit card and make sure I pay the balance each month to build good credit. I would stress not to fall prey to signing up for credit cards to get free items, and furthermore, to not buy things with my credit card that I could not afford to pay off at the end of each month. I would tell myself to live on-campus and not to lose sight of my goal: graduate with a good G.P.A. I would tell myself to continue to make short- and long-term goals and to keep these goals visible, so I can stay focused. I would tell myself to get good grades and apply for scholarships. I would tell myself to set up a study time and stick with it, and just enjoy college life because I will soon be a working adult with responsibilities.

The worst thing about my school is that they don't offer a lot of scholarships. You mainly get loans. I am working on my certification in education, concurrently while working as full-time teacher in a high -need inner city school and I am having to get loans. My job is more stressful than alot of educators because I deal with students that from a low economic background who need a lot of love, support and motivation. Moreover, I think that there should be more scholarships for teachers working on certification and not just those getting their educational degree.

The most frustrating thing about my school is communication between myself and the advisors. I attend school during the evening because I work full-time during the day. Well, it is very hard to get advisement because eventhough the school offers evening courses they did not consider having advisors in the evening to talk to students. I am changing careers. I am a transfer student, and because I have of the miscommunication between advisement and myself I am a semester behind schedule. I got signed up for the wrong classes.

Christopher

Mercer University is a strong academic campus, encouraging students to engage deeply and carefully in their studies; professors are very accessible and willing to help students achieve their goals; there are some activities on-campus, but it is often described as a "suitcase" campus; it is a dry campus; the surrounding part of town is somewhat suspect, so campus safety, although generally good, is occasionally unnerving; finally, majority of students, faculty, and staff are very friendly.

Hey! Congratulations on your achievement. Your excellent study habits and desire for complete understanding will continue to serve you well in college, and you will be just fine academically if you continue along your current path of doing all homework on time and asking for help when necessary. Don't be afraid to visit your professors during office hours: they want to help you! Financially you will be fine, too - you won't spend much because of your thriftiness. But don't be afraid to kick back every once in a while and enjoy some free time - with how hard you work, you will certainly deserve it. You will make good decisions about who to make friends with; just make sure you let them know how much you appreciate them, and don't put too much hope in any one (or two) people. Your friends are loyal, helpful, and care very much for you, but they cannot provide you everything. Keep your faith in God, and continue pursuing truth and a deeper, closer relationship with Jesus; it is the only way you will be completely happy and satisfied. Oh, and always put your class ring in your pocket when eating.

A determined, motivated and hard-working student should attend this school. Don't come if you want a great social and city life; Macon is okay but not huge. Come if you want the intimacy and support of small class sizes and a low student-to-faculty ratio, and if you want friends that will encourage you and help you with classes as well as enjoy social activities with you.

Shaun

We are known for our academic programs and our basketball team.

We are known for our academic programs and our basketball team.

Learn how to stay organized. Choose a school that you will be happy with. Go in with an open mind when it comes to picking a major. Chosse a mojor that has jobs available upon graduation. Get involved on campus and have fun. Stay focused and get your priorities in order.

The cost of the education is too much because the school doesn't offer that much more than other state schools that are much more affordable

Bonnie

Friendly, hardworkers whoknow when to work and when to party.

Friendly, hardworkers whoknow when to work and when to party.

Don't let school work take over your life. Allow yourself to find a equal balance between work and play. But also don't get too involved. Find the places where you want to plug in and enjoy the experience. Also, look into every major out there, you'd be surprised where you might be able to end up and what you might find that you enjoy.

People who don't want to find out more about themselves and find a direction for their lives.

Stacie

Learn to balance your schedule and your life. Make priorities and keep them.

Learn to balance your schedule and your life. Make priorities and keep them.

I wish I had known that tuition would go up every year.

Someone who is very focused and wants small class sizes. Someone who isn't that interested in having a big social life.

Being confident in what you do is the most important thing. Do not get discouraged because of the length of courses or type of classes required to meet you desired profession seems too long or extremly difficult. Nothing is worth having if you don't have to work at it, eitherwise everyone else would be doing it and the rewards would not be worth as much. Alway apply yourself and give more than what is asked of yourself to make yourself a stronger person. Find what your passion is and stick to it.

Mercer University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.