Macon, GA
Mercer University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Mercer University

Joshua

The most important thing I have gotten out of my college experience is learning how great diversity really is. Growing up, I have never had much contact with people of other races or religious backgrounds. My school was in a rural county and although our class was quite large, everyone was till pretty much the same in regards to race and religion. All of this changed on August 17, 2008; the day I moved into my first college dorm. Everyone was so different and it amazed me! I had no idea that college would be so diverse. Little did I know that the Asian boy, Tim, would quickly become my best friend that I still room with today, 3 years later! Going to college and experiencing new friends, partners, classmates, and teammates from cultures vastly different from mine was such a great value to me because I realized that the real world was not like my high school back home, but more like my college 200 miles away. Now I am in my 3rd year of college and being enveloped in the diversity of my student body has made me a better person, friend, classmate, teammate, and leader!

The professors and staff! They are amazing! All of my professors go above and beyound to help students out! At Mercer, the professors are your mentors and your friend. Not only will you see them during lecture, but you will see them during games, organization activities, and even at local restaurants! I have been out to eat, to church, and even to DisneyWorld with my professors! Also, the staff is great! If you are on a pre-professional tract, have no fear! Dr. Bokros will be there, advising you every step of the way! Go Bears!

I would have to say that the most frustrating thing about my school is that the campus is slanted. By that I mean that when it rains in Macon, all the water flows downhill so when you are walking to class or to the dorms, and they is a very heavy rain, you may be flooded! However, since my freshman year, several draining systems have been put in place to help with the problem! Seriously, that is the only problem I have with Mercer! I love this school, the students, professors, and alumni! Go Bears!

Sylvia

They make allowances for the working adult.

They make allowances for the working adult.

i have found that learning really does expand your mind and opens doors that you did not know existed. It gives you the opportunity to put life into perspective and see it as a whole working unit that has reason and purpose. It answers questions that you would have never thought to question and places reality into a realm only few venture. I have to see it through because (like a professor once said) you will not be the same person coming in as you are going out of this learning experience. It gives you more to talk about --with substance to your communication. I can actuallly feel my mind expand and nothing can substitute the hard work, dedication and perserverance that it takes to achieve success.

The working adult that really wants to better their life.

Small private school, known for education, proximity to macon, great faculty, small campus, interconnected student body. Awesome athletics, host the Atlantic Sun Conference

I have been able to discover who I really am as an individual, separate from my parents, childhood religion, and high school friends. The experience has helped me to understand my personal values and morals, and why I hold them to be so important. I am more responsible at prioritizing and scheduling events, and because I have so much independence, I take more pride in myself when I do something right. I am learning how to be a fully-functioning adult and effective US citizen. More importantly, I am not learning the skills to do so, I am gradually finding out that I had these skills all along.

The cafeteria food is awful, but I pay almost $3000 a year for my meal plan.

Yvonnia

I have recieved a better understanding about both life and education. My college Experience has matured me and is developing me for the real world, I get a better understanding about communication and responsiblity and along the way I have meet great staff and other fellow students with big dreams just as big as mine. I have recieved a sense of indepenence and self confidence for every class I pass. Great Memories, good friends and a life long expericene that will be with me forever. A appreciation for different cultures and different outlooks in life and have gotten a sense of motivation that all it takes is really one person to make a difference and have chain reaction to do good for the community and world! It has been valuable because it sets up a life time plan/goal. And anything you put your mind to you can achieve it is valuable not only for me but to set a example for young people and for my future family members as well to continue on with their education and aim for the moon! Because a Degree is all worth it .

Samoana

My classmates are generally from small towns in or right outside of Georgia and the majority of them are very intellectual.

I am almost done with my freshman year of college and the knowledge that I have now does not come close to what I had in August of last year. So far I have experienced the stereotypical "college life" and I am a better person for it. I realized that living the sterotypical life is not the life that I want to live. College is about having fun and meeting new people while getting a useful education. From observing my peers I realized that not everyone uses their time wisely and I am thankful for being able to see that and change my behavior accordingly. It has been a valuable to me because your first years of college mold you into the person you are going to be, or at least start off being. The habits that are established now will stay with you, and I am thankful that I have the knowledge to make sure that I take in useful and life-changing information that can better my current situation, as well as my life.

Mercer University is located in Macon, Georgia; a historical Southern town. The school is Baptist-affiliated and is very conservative. For this reason is why people that do not fit "social-norms" should not attend this school. It is a very good school and by all means if you are very smart you should come to this school, but in my opinion the trouble that you are faced with here by not following conservative views definitely makes the process of getting a great education harder to enjoy.

Kathryn

My freshman year at Mercer has greatly affected me. I have become a much stronger Christian through the BCM on campus. Also, I have discovered that Chemistry, a class I was dreading because of my lack of preperation, can be a great class if the teacher enjoys teaching and cares about his students. I have learned to force myself to sit down and focus on my studies before going to spend an evening with friends. I have also been given the opportunity to major in engineering and minor in music, a goal that would not have been possible else where. But the most valuable experience that Mercer has given me is a feeling of freedom and new thrist for knowledge.

Someone who doesn't want to work hard and play hard should look for another college. Mercer will push you to the limit of your academic abilities and will push you to be involved in as many sports, clubs, and activities as possible.

Mercer is large enough that you will not feel trapped in a small box, but it is small enough that, even in the largest lecture class, your professor will know your name. Also, all the professors here will post office hours and do anything they can to help you succeed.

Alexandria

My classmates are very respective and helpful. We form groups to pass our classes.

I have made myslef a better person by coming to mercer university. I have learned that I can push myself to newer heights and still succeed. College has made me a more well rounded person.

The worst thing about my school would probably be the selection of food, but it still is good.

Sharita

My classmates have shown themselves to be very knowledgeable,and friendly.

My classmates have shown themselves to be very knowledgeable,and friendly.

My college experience have allowed me to grow,mentally,as well as intellectually. Since I had never had the opportunity to live alone,and make decisions independently, I was a little afraid to leave home. Attending college have allowed me to become independent, and more mature. I now understand what adulthood means,and the responsibility that comes with it. There are challenges that I face every day,from being sure to have time to study,eat, sleep,and do laundry,to maintaing a good grade point average. I have become a wizard at managing my money,unlike when I was home spending other people money. I now understand what it means to spend wisely. I will not only receive a Pre-med degree, but also a degree in life lessons.

The worst thing about my school is the area sometimes floods when there is a tremedous amount of rainfall, and trying to pay tuition in order to remain in school.

Kelsie

Enjoy it but know that those are most certainly not the best days of your life. Greater things are to come, bigger things are to come, and most importantly - more rewarding things are to come. Study hard but have fun. If college has taught me anything it is that balance is crucial. Make friends, cherish them, and keep in touch after high school but know that you will make countless more when you go to college. I have formed relationships here that I know will last a lifetime. Ask questions. Do not be too proud, too scared, or too ashamed to ask questions. I have learned that this is one of the greatest keys to success. Stay confident but remain humble. Never doubt your ability but never be afraid to admit your doubt. BREATHE. Go for a run, take a walk, eat lunch with friends - overwhelming yourself with school work will only drive you mad. However, do not neglect your schoolwork. It is challenging but comes with so much reward and accomplishment. Perfect your study skills, become familiar with the library, and form bonds with your professors. Most importantly, enjoy college! It is what you make it!

Mercer University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.