Macon, GA
Mercer University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Mercer University

It's not the worst place to go for college, but it is pretty boring if you are not into the Greek Life scene. The cafeteria food is hit or miss. As a freshman or anyone without a kitchen, you practically starve weekends or holidays. If you aren't an athlete, honor student or band kid, then you will most likely not get priority housing or class registration. Uprising freshman beware

Madeleine
Great Place!

Great Place!

Mercer University was not my first choice, however, I am more than glad to have decided to attend college there. The size is perfect, not too small and not too big, and it is nice to meet people you know around campus, but also to get to know new people every other day. Pros: -Small classes -Easy to make new friends -Everything is in walking distance -Beautiful campus -Great professors -Downtown Cons: -It's sometimes dangerous to walk around alone at night -If you don't have a car it's hard to get to stores and the mall -Food choices are limited on the weekends -Parking is terrible at the moment, but apparently they are trying to fix it All in all, Mercer University is a great school and I am glad to be able to get my degree there.

Danielle
Mercer Review

I love my alma mater!

Mercer Review

I love my alma mater!

Kelli

Merceris a private university and also has a smaller campus.

Merceris a private university and also has a smaller campus.

I would tell myself to work a little harder in the last year before college, if I had done that I would have gotten more of a university scholarship possibly. Also, that I should be more proactive on applying for scholarships. If I didn't wait so long to apply for some I could have applied for more and had a better chance at maybe getting some, since college tuition is so costly I don't have many means of paying for it.

A person who does not have the self drive to achieve and does not have a good work ethic.

Edward

My classmates at Mercer have to be the most diverse, serious, friendly, academically inclined, and interesting group of people anyone could ever meet.

I woudl advise my high school self to be patient and take life one step at a time. Striving to get a college degree is not something to take lightly. You may feel like you're ready to take the leap into college but don't be so fast to grow up. In college you wil be faced with many obstacles that may distract you, and get you off track but you must stay diligent. Do not lose sight of your goals and get caught up in your newly found freedom. Getting into college is the easy part. The hard part will be not falling victim to being a part of a generation that feels like they must live the full sterotypical "college experience." I know you can do it! You are a very intelligent young man and you can reach any goal you set for youself. Just remember to stay focused, be diligent, and never give up. P.S. Do not get that job at the shoe store. The discount may be great but it definitely won't be enough to help pay tuition. P.S.S. Procrastination is bad! DO NOT.. I repeat. DO NOT PROCRASTINATE!!

I always go on and on about how friendly everyone is at Mercer. Mercer is full and cheerful and friendly people, and making friends here will not be a problem for anyone. Also, Mercer has a great teacher to student ratio. Our professors give each and every student equal opportunity to learn and interact in class. My professors actually knows my name! At Mercer, I am more than just a number. Our professors genuinely care about their students and are always available when you need them. Who wouldn't want to attend a University like this?

Dillon

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, there is not a whole lot I would tell myself. The main thing i would tell myself is to remember what I want. Remember why I made the decision for the college and major that I've chosen, and to not let others bring me down. I would tell myself to learn to study as well, because I've needed it. If I had mastered studying sooner, college wouldn't be quite so hard. And I wish myself the best of luck.

The academics and the friendliness of the professors. Also the willingness to help others from everyone.

Bonnieli

Mercer is full of the friendliest people I have ever met, people who go out of their way to help and converse with one another, just as a way to get to know each other and to show their southern hospitality.

I would have told myself to save more money I made from my part time job at McDonalds. I spent so much of it just goofing off or on clothes I really didn't need, when I should have saved it to help pay for my freshmen year. I started college with less than fifty dollars in the bank, and now I have to find a way to pay a monthly bill to the college of my dreams. I also would have picked up more hours at McDonalds so that I would have more money now, instead of waiting until I got here to pick up extra shifts.

Mercer University is unique in the way that it presents itself. It is a fairly large campus with a small campus feel. The students are very friendly and helpful and will do their best to make you feel welcome and comfortable. The professors and staff really care about how you are doing in college and ask about your progress. We are a community of bears that truly care about each other and strive to help each other do the best we can.

Dear Jennifer, As a high school senior, you are getting ready for your college years. They are definitely some interesting years. However, there are some things you need to know before you get here. One of the biggest and probably most important things you can do for yourself, and me, while you are still in high school, is to develop good studying habits. I know you hate studying but it will help you, not only in college, but also where you are now. Another important thing to remember is not to worry or be anxious about things you just cannot control. If you study as much as you can and still end up making a bad grade, do not worry. You did your best and you cannot control what happened - let it go. One more thing before I go. If you ever feel like college is overwhelming or you just need someone to talk to, call your mom. I know for a fact that you really will not want to because you feel like you should not need her, but just call her. It will make you feel so much better. Sincerely, Your future self

Mercer University is a place for people who are ready and willing to do their absolute best and help others reach their full potential as well. When attending Mercer, you need to have the motivation to go to class and do your best - and to walk up and down hills. You also need to have the drive and ambition to reach your goal and graduate with your degree. Last but certainly not least, you need compassion for others. In other words, if you do not have motivation, compassion, and the drive and ambition, you really should conisder a different university.

Mercer is known for challenging students in a wide variety of fields. The school offers rigorous courses in areas across the board of liberal arts, as well as in the newly revamped schools of engineering and medicine. There is a strong emphasis on preparing for real world occupations in your field of study, and Mercer takes serious steps to fully prepare its student using challenging courses and oppourtunities for internships, fieldwork, and student research.

Don't wait to start taking advantage of all the new resources around you! You've finally graduated from the (sometimes coddling) atmosphere of high school. You now get to design a class schedule fitted specifically to YOUR interests, and sleeping patterns! You can choose from dozens of extracurricular activities and organizations. This new level of individual agency can be intimidating at first, but you cannot allow the worry about making mistakes stop you from joining the fun right off the bat - dive in headfirst and see how far you can go!

One quality that could make it hard to attend Mercer would be a certain lack of independence and conviction. This is a demanding school - success in this environment requires personal conviction and direction. Mercer offers a support system of advisors and academic resources, and the students are quick to rally around each other. The materials to thrive are there, but you have to take the initiative to use them!

Mercer University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.