Macon, GA
Mercer University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Mercer University

I absolutley love Mercer. I found it by accident, but I am so glad that I did! There is always something to do and ways to get involved. I have heard many complaints about the food, but I have never had a problem except for a few times when I couldn't find any late night options for food. However, the university is slowly working to improve that. Overall, it's an amazing academic enviornment. The teachers and faculty are commited to student success and are almost always available to answer question and lend a helping hand. Another bonus is that everything is so close together. You can walk literally anywhere on campus in about 10 minutes.

Spencer

I first began my search for an institute to set my career path my junior year of high school. I had looked upon, researched, and visit many institutes. Of the colleges I viewed, Mercer was one of the first. After my first visit to the school, my heart was set on being a student of this university. Despite the high cost of attendance, they made it easy for me to find solutions to cover my fees. The college experience here is great and full of spirit. Clubs, sports, and activities are actively encouraged on a daily basis. As well everyone is constantly informed, so you never miss an event. The academics meet to standards, while supplying a vast array of degrees for you to pursue, what ever your major may be. If you ever need to seek help with your academics, the student resource center will always be there to help. The facilities are plentiful, ranging from food courts, to residence halls, to board rooms. There's a facility for what ever need you may require. Mercer may not be the best University in the world, however, I can wholeheartedly recommend this University to any student that is seeking a school in the Middle Georgia area.

So far my experience at Mercer has been amazing. Mercer provides students with lots of opportunities and extracurricular activities so that students will not be bored on campus. All my professors are really helpful and will help you if you aren't understanding something. Overall Mercer provides amazing opportunities after college and isn't a dull campus.

It's not the worst place to go for college, but it is pretty boring if you are not into the Greek Life scene. The cafeteria food is hit or miss. As a freshman or anyone without a kitchen, you practically starve weekends or holidays. If you aren't an athlete, honor student or band kid, then you will most likely not get priority housing or class registration. Uprising freshman beware

Madeleine
Great Place!

Great Place!

Mercer University was not my first choice, however, I am more than glad to have decided to attend college there. The size is perfect, not too small and not too big, and it is nice to meet people you know around campus, but also to get to know new people every other day. Pros: -Small classes -Easy to make new friends -Everything is in walking distance -Beautiful campus -Great professors -Downtown Cons: -It's sometimes dangerous to walk around alone at night -If you don't have a car it's hard to get to stores and the mall -Food choices are limited on the weekends -Parking is terrible at the moment, but apparently they are trying to fix it All in all, Mercer University is a great school and I am glad to be able to get my degree there.

Danielle
Mercer Review

I love my alma mater!

Mercer Review

I love my alma mater!

Kelli

Merceris a private university and also has a smaller campus.

Merceris a private university and also has a smaller campus.

I would tell myself to work a little harder in the last year before college, if I had done that I would have gotten more of a university scholarship possibly. Also, that I should be more proactive on applying for scholarships. If I didn't wait so long to apply for some I could have applied for more and had a better chance at maybe getting some, since college tuition is so costly I don't have many means of paying for it.

A person who does not have the self drive to achieve and does not have a good work ethic.

Edward

My classmates at Mercer have to be the most diverse, serious, friendly, academically inclined, and interesting group of people anyone could ever meet.

I woudl advise my high school self to be patient and take life one step at a time. Striving to get a college degree is not something to take lightly. You may feel like you're ready to take the leap into college but don't be so fast to grow up. In college you wil be faced with many obstacles that may distract you, and get you off track but you must stay diligent. Do not lose sight of your goals and get caught up in your newly found freedom. Getting into college is the easy part. The hard part will be not falling victim to being a part of a generation that feels like they must live the full sterotypical "college experience." I know you can do it! You are a very intelligent young man and you can reach any goal you set for youself. Just remember to stay focused, be diligent, and never give up. P.S. Do not get that job at the shoe store. The discount may be great but it definitely won't be enough to help pay tuition. P.S.S. Procrastination is bad! DO NOT.. I repeat. DO NOT PROCRASTINATE!!

I always go on and on about how friendly everyone is at Mercer. Mercer is full and cheerful and friendly people, and making friends here will not be a problem for anyone. Also, Mercer has a great teacher to student ratio. Our professors give each and every student equal opportunity to learn and interact in class. My professors actually knows my name! At Mercer, I am more than just a number. Our professors genuinely care about their students and are always available when you need them. Who wouldn't want to attend a University like this?

Dillon

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, there is not a whole lot I would tell myself. The main thing i would tell myself is to remember what I want. Remember why I made the decision for the college and major that I've chosen, and to not let others bring me down. I would tell myself to learn to study as well, because I've needed it. If I had mastered studying sooner, college wouldn't be quite so hard. And I wish myself the best of luck.

The academics and the friendliness of the professors. Also the willingness to help others from everyone.

Mercer University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.