Macon, GA
Mercer University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Mercer University

Rebecca

Mercer is unique compared to other schools I considered because it was the only southern school I looked at/applied to. Being from Massachusetts I mainly looked at schools in New England. Mercer appealed to me, however, because of their generous merit-based scholarships and because of the small, yet influential, campus. Mercer has a lot of involvement in the community and promotes awareness of multiple issues facing society.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior there would be a lot of things that I would tell myself about college life and making the transition. First and foremost, I would tell myself that its ok to say no to drinking, and that you dont have to get drunk every night in order to have fun or to make friends. I would also tell myself that its important to budget my money monthly in order to make sure I stay on top of my funds and dont end up overdrawing my accounts. I would also tell myself that going to classes is important. Although some people can get away with only going to a couple of classes for a course, most professors expect you to be in class and will give quizzes etc. or have attendence policies. Skipping classes is also a huge waste of money, and the extra hour of sleep is just not worth it. Finally, I would tell myself to get my butt in the gym more often. Although there are lots of big buff guys in the gym, its not a scarey place and it helps reduce stress!

Before coming to Mercer I wish I had known more about the large Greek influence. I knew that there were a number of sororities and fraternities but I did not realize how large of a role they played on campus. Although I have considered going greek, I cannot afford the costly dues, however, you do not need to be in a sorority or fraternity in order to be friends with 'greeks'. My boyfriend is greek and so is my roommate. Sometimes I do, however, feel left out of "greek only" activities.

Hykanush

I have received the opportunity to further my education level. All of the administrators and counselors have been extremely helpful; I have been able to prepare for my future with their willingness to aid and support. My college has allowed me take all of my general education courses while preparing for my major. I am very grateful and would love to continue to reach my educational goals.

Tessa

My college experience is not yet over but I have learned a lot I have learned that you can only rely on youself to get information; that the counselors and people around you often do not have the correct answers and you have to dig deep and find them youself. I have learned that if you stay on top of your work and ahead you will not feel overloaded or overly stressed (expecially if you are taking 21 units, like me!). Most of all, from going to these almost two years of college (so far) I have realized that I feel blessed to be able to go to school and learn about the things and interest me the most, and with that knowledge, have the oppurtunity to get a degree in that field and have a career and spend my life doing something that I chose and love. For me, college has been very valuable to attend because I have learned a lot about biology, the human brain and with that, myself and other people. College is wonderful because it will allow me to make a good life for myself in the future which I greatly look foward to!

Gregory

I got out of this College a better out look on my life in general. Studying in Liberal Arts helps any one to look at things very differently. Such as the Old-Folks, child care and a general sense of what god intended for us as a people to do. Many times I have asked myself am I doing the right thing in gaining knowledge in areas that high schools could never teach you? That answer is yes I have. And although I am presently unemployed, I enjoy going back to school to learn a trade that will help me in the long run, no matter my age. I need to learn as much as I possibly can because when the grands ask about anything, I want to be able to tell them about it, where to find it and how to apply it. This is why I need this. To have your own transportation, is like angles singing in heaven. I really need this help! I have been shown the way, now I must make it how I can.

I wish I knew Math better. Having a C+ average in Math is not good, but now that I am attending Savannah Technical College, In the Industrial System Technology course, I'm seeing a lot more Math. I wish I was better equipped (fianancially) to handle the woes of going to College.

A person who wish to step-up his/her position in life. Someone who know what it would take to complete the race to employability and success.

Edwin

I have been able to grow as a person and find great people with similar interests as myself. Mercer has many great opportunities and activities. Also the classes I am taking are challenging yet enjoyable.

Maggie

What I have gotten thus far out of my college experience is that everything that I learn willl help me later in life. No matter what class the information is coming from I will be able to apply it in my future. Whether it is in the job world or my personal life college is all about making sure that I am prepared for whatever comes my way. I think that college has been a very valuable experience. The professors are all about teaching and making sure that the students understand what is being taught and how it will be important in the area of study. Even in non-specific career classes the professors teach skills that will be most helpful in the future especially in my job. My composition professor taught me how to think critically and how that will be important for me in the future. My college experience has helped me grow in many ways and gain skills that will benefit me greatly in my carrer as a nurse. College is all about preparing the sutdents for the next step in their life. Some might even go so far as to call it the REAL WORLD.

Briana

Being at Mercer University, I have learned to manage my time better and to prioritize effectively. Another thing that I discovered during my first semester is that most of the professors want to help you and you should always ask them for help when you're having trouble. I also would like to recommend that new college students not get a job during the first semester, it is more important to get used to college and everything that is going on. I was told that students spend one semester as a freshman and three semesters as a sophomore. I know now what I can do to make next semester better but there are many more lessons to be learned in the future.

I wish I had known how much diferrent college was than high school. Mercer University is a difficult school and the classes are nothing compared to my high school classes. It would have been great for me to know that Mercer's workload was close that of an ivy league school. Another thing that would have been useful to know is an effective way of studying.

I would not recommend Mercer UNiversity to a student that is not well grounded and disciplined. There are a lot of evetns going on through the week and even during finals so the student needs to know how to put work first and be an efeective time manager.

Amber

I have gained much of the knowledge I will need when I apply for jobs in the real world. Also, in gaining valuable friendships. I can use this to my advantage to gain networks when I apply for jobs.

That the academic workload would be so overwhelming. There is hardly a time for a social life.

I have lots of friendships that I cherish. Everyone knows everybody.

Samir

I was never an "A" student in high school but I have worked my tail off in college to get good grades and be successful. Because of financial and health problems in my family, I have been forced to work ever since I was 16. I am very responsible and hard-working. In order for me to succeed in the rest of my years, I will need the help of others. I am very independent but I know with the help of others, I can do greater things. College has been a great learning experience and I have worked extremely hard to balance work and run. It is amazing.

Dorothy

After so many years of being out of school, I had no idea how little I used my brain. I have gotten much better at critical thinking and am amazed at the knowledge I have acquired in such a short period of time. My self-esteem has greatly improved and I am looking forward to a great future!!!

Mercer University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.