Macon, GA
Mercer University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Mercer University

Kiera

Hailing from McIntosh County, Georgia, a place where opportunities are truly limited, one learns how to be appreciative of every experience they receive and I can say that my college experience has definitely defined me as a person in my everyday life. For example, before I came here, I wasn't very outspoken, was an over-achiever, had few friends, didn't have a busy social life, was a role model to my peers, but didn't have the self-confidence to reach out. I didn't like that people could see this great person I was and I couldn't. When i came to college, I vowed to make a new start, to broaden my horizons, and do what i wasn't able to do in high school. Now, so far, I have stayed true to that promise. I've made friends, gained a social life, and have a higher resepect for myself than I ever had. This is why my college experience has been so valuable to me- its transformed me into a better person. I was already academically sound, but now I feel that I can be more than just a bookworm. I can be myself.

Before I came to Mercer University, I wish I had known that it would be so hard to get financial aid as a college freshman for my sophmore year. It was easier to receive scholarships when I was still a highschool senior, but now it seems as if there's no financial aid left for me. Plus, Mercer, being a private school, has a very expensive tutition which is hard for my single-parent family income to afford.

That the experience here at Mercer University has been better than I ever expected and that I wouldn't trade it for the world. They give so much help financially and academically that its hard to fail. Personally, I feel that most colleges dont put in the effort that Mercer does when it comes to being involved with their students; Mercer provides each student with a peer advisor, a teacher advisor, tutor availability everyday in their academic resource center, teacher office hours with a tutor for that teacher in every class. How can you beat that?

Mike

On the surface Mercer University appears to be a very old school, but the school is a nice place with so many teachers willing to help students succeed.

My school is best known for its medical school.

During my stay at Mercer, I have learned to manage my time better. I have learned to control my mind, to realize how my choices effect my future. I have met alot of people and i have noticed the unique personalities people bring to the college. This has motivated me to express my own unique individuality. I have learned that I am not the only one struggilng through life's challenges, many others are going through a struggle, and if I can learn to see that than I can learn to be a better person. I have become more independent, I have learned to simply say no when it is necessary. Lastly I have learned to balance my life, as balance is the key to all, I have learned to look ahead at my upcomming assignments and do what I can so that I can have the time to have fun and enjoy life. It has almost been a month that I have been enrolled at Mercer University, but I have learned so much, and I know there is still more to learn. I hope to grow and become the best man I could be.

Javon

what I have gotten out of my college experience so far is that it helps you grown up really quickly and helps you stand on you own as a young man and as a student trying to go into the real world . College is a growing experience as well as it gives you a set schedule on where you go class and who you take and if you decide not to go to class that is your decision and no one elses and you have to make your own decisions for the most part. it has been valuable to attend as well because college shows the real character of person sees if one is determined enough to succeed.

The best thing about my school is that the school is academic rigorous and academically challenging. the campus atmosphere is beautiful and the campus lifestyle is very vast and for a liberal arts college it is very advanced and vast.

the most frustrating about the school for the most part is the tuition of the school which is over 40,000 dollars which in this economy is very taxing.

Ariel

I have gotten a lot out of my college education. I have made new friends and learned alot. I have learned to become more of an extraverted person, not to hide behind the scenes and sit back. Going to college has and will continue to make me a better rounded person. It has taught me that life isn't always about fooling around and having a good time. There are times when you have to be serious in life and there are times to relax. You have to figure out when those times are. You have to really manage your study time. College shows you that sometimes it is necessary to give up your social time to get ahead. College is the first step in getting to know the real world.

Kirkland

My classemates are friendly, dedicated, and strong-willed and minded to the end.

I learned a whole lot of lessons. The main thing I learned is that you are responsible for your actions and the choices you make. Also, you should always have faith when it comes to dealin with difficult challenges. Third, be focused and determined to obtain the goals you have set forth inyour life. I'm glad that I do attend college because it helped me learn how to become a responsible adult and built my character to become a better person. Also, it enabled me to know how to reach to my community and contribute something to it.

I'll tell them that it's a great school and it's easy to make a bunch of friends. Also, the school will put your skills and knowledge to the test in the classes, but have plenty of resources to help you out in the journey. There's a bunch of fun events and activities that take place in the school.

Alisha

The school has a very intimate setting. It's not too small, but not very big either. Their are extra curricular activities that students can get involved in, to feel more included with the university family.

I can truly say that since I have started attending college, I have not only gained knowledge but I have discovered more about myself as an individual. I have an older sister, but I was always the only child at home so my mom really sheltered me. My going away to college was the first time I had ever been away from home, so to some it would have been a scary experience. Thankfully, I was always an independent individual before going away to school so "being on my own" was not a hard adjustment for me. I didn't become a party animal and participate in other situations that most people my age would do if they didn't have adult supervision. I learned how strong I am as an individual and to make sure that I have priorities together. My education is very important to me, because I not only want to better my life, but I want to better the lives of those around me.

If you are not willing to work, then I wouldn't suggest Mercer University for you. You don't have to be the smartest person in the world to attend this school, but you must be focused on your work. If your family doesn't have alot of money then you I would highly suggest finding other resoursces prior to attending Mercer University.

Kristina

I love Mercer University, the people I have met and the professors who have taught me make it a great place. There is something great about being a Mercerian. You know someone will always be willing to talk and listen to you. You never feel alone or left out. Even though it is a small school, it has something to offer everyone who attends.

A person who needs to be surrounded by many people should not attend Mercer. Our campus is fairly small and close. The classes are small and it is likely to have classmates in multiple classes with you. If one needs the constant bustle of a large school, Mercer is not for them.

Flor

I have not goen to college yet but I know that is fun but you also have to work hard to get good grades and at the same time enjoy your classes. Is valuable to go to college because with out a good education you would not be able to have a better future and better life when you have your own kids. Also now jobs are looking for degrees not just a GED they want better prepared people that would bring inproving to the company and the job you would be performing for them.

Joshua

The most important thing I have gotten out of my college experience is learning how great diversity really is. Growing up, I have never had much contact with people of other races or religious backgrounds. My school was in a rural county and although our class was quite large, everyone was till pretty much the same in regards to race and religion. All of this changed on August 17, 2008; the day I moved into my first college dorm. Everyone was so different and it amazed me! I had no idea that college would be so diverse. Little did I know that the Asian boy, Tim, would quickly become my best friend that I still room with today, 3 years later! Going to college and experiencing new friends, partners, classmates, and teammates from cultures vastly different from mine was such a great value to me because I realized that the real world was not like my high school back home, but more like my college 200 miles away. Now I am in my 3rd year of college and being enveloped in the diversity of my student body has made me a better person, friend, classmate, teammate, and leader!

The professors and staff! They are amazing! All of my professors go above and beyound to help students out! At Mercer, the professors are your mentors and your friend. Not only will you see them during lecture, but you will see them during games, organization activities, and even at local restaurants! I have been out to eat, to church, and even to DisneyWorld with my professors! Also, the staff is great! If you are on a pre-professional tract, have no fear! Dr. Bokros will be there, advising you every step of the way! Go Bears!

I would have to say that the most frustrating thing about my school is that the campus is slanted. By that I mean that when it rains in Macon, all the water flows downhill so when you are walking to class or to the dorms, and they is a very heavy rain, you may be flooded! However, since my freshman year, several draining systems have been put in place to help with the problem! Seriously, that is the only problem I have with Mercer! I love this school, the students, professors, and alumni! Go Bears!

Sylvia

They make allowances for the working adult.

They make allowances for the working adult.

i have found that learning really does expand your mind and opens doors that you did not know existed. It gives you the opportunity to put life into perspective and see it as a whole working unit that has reason and purpose. It answers questions that you would have never thought to question and places reality into a realm only few venture. I have to see it through because (like a professor once said) you will not be the same person coming in as you are going out of this learning experience. It gives you more to talk about --with substance to your communication. I can actuallly feel my mind expand and nothing can substitute the hard work, dedication and perserverance that it takes to achieve success.

The working adult that really wants to better their life.

Mercer University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.