Macon, GA
Mercer University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Mercer University

Tracy

The campus itself is not really big, but there are a lot of places that you can go around the city that are not too far away. This makes it much more convenient for students who can ride the local trolleys and buses and save the money that would otherwise be used on their cars.

I would tell myself that one of the first things I should have done was visit the school more and actually get to know the place in and around campus. I would tell myself to make sure to participate in the various events offered during the summer as well so not only would I have been able to get to know the school but also meet some new people. Visiting and getting more information and getting things done sooner and on time would be the first important things that I should have done and would tell myself to do to ease the transition into college.

Before coming to this school I wish I had known more about the places in and around campus so I would be better prepared for what is available.

Jonathan

An expensive private university that delevers on its academics

An expensive private university that delevers on its academics

If I could go back through time to give advise to my younger, high school, self, I would have a lot to say. I cannot really say I was ever caught off guard by the transition to college life, but before actually going to Mercer I should have pursued more scholarship opportunities. I would sternly tell my younger self, "Jonathan you listen up! The first year you'll be alright financially, but after that Mercer will be a jerk and will withdraw some of its financial aid. Don't get fooled into thinking the university will pull through for you all four years." Besides that... I would tell myself to enjoy freshman year a little more. I had loads of downtime from taking general education classes and introduction courses. I spent most of it mindlessly on facebook and xbox. I needed to live a little more. I would push my younger self to not slack off on getting my license. I actually just got my driver's license a week ago. My younger self needed transportation that first year on campus and ended up being a burden to people. Also I would have told myself to take more AP courses.

The best thing about Mercer University is the small class size. In a smaller enviroment I feel like the professor actually cares more about me individually. I can almost always see my professor outside of class on weekdays. And classes seem to be more discussion based allowing my concerns and opinions to be heard.

Julie

Study harder for calculus in the ACCEL program. Make sure you do not take anatomy at Georgia Military College because it will not transfer to Mercer. Take Spanish and some businesses classes for when you transfer your credits after senior year. Mercer is not like Georgia Military College, it is much harder. AP Physics and AP U.S. History classes from junior year are more accurate for Mercer’s expectations. Study harder. Do not accept a 3.8 GPA at Georgia Military College. Strive for the 4.0; it counts more than you know. Do not take Chemistry since you will not need it when you transfer because of the biology classes you are considering. You will change your career path to Marketing, so strive for that when you consider the classes you decide to take at Georgia Military College. Do take New Testament with Dr. Nash your freshman year at Mercer, he will change how you view religion and enrich your overall college experience. Pay attention to your notes. Learn to write less information and write the key points instead. This is probably the most important thing to do. Second major in Spanish, it will enrich your life.

Mercer has a talent for turning its students into community service providers, leaders, and great lawyers and medical professionals. While it is expensive, the amazing professors provided show why that expense is so high. The high costs are also decicated to a quality Mercerian education.

Anyone who supports no work ethic should stray away from this school. Many of the professors expect a lot of work, so it is not for anyone without the time to dedicate to classes. If someone plans to plagiarize, then they can expect to be expelled. Mercer is a dry campus. No alcohol is permitted. This is not a party college for the student who just wants to spend their college career getting wasted and partying.

Andre

I would tell myself to stay in school and plan for the future by applying for many scholarships, researching the internet for different colleges and most of all looking into financial aid for college money.

Tequilla

This is a great and challenging school, but it also very expensive.

This is a great and challenging school, but it also very expensive.

I would make sure that I applied for a lot more scholarships than I did because college is very expensive, and the price is steady inclining every year. I would also make sure that I applied to colleges that I can afford because it is not so great to have loans that you have to pay back. I probably would encourage myself to apply to public colleges only because being in a private university is very stressful, especially when you come from a low-income family. Another piece of advice that I would offer is to find a balance between studying and my social life because college would be extremely stressful if you don't at least have fun. Based on my experiences at Mercer University, I am not having fun here because I am always studying and I am too shy to get out and get involved. The final piece of advice that I would offer is to break out of my shell and become more outgoing and involved with the school because being shy doesn't get you anywhere in life.

People who aren't studious shouldn't attend this school because they will fail, and those who want to focus only on parties and social life shouldn't attend.

Jasmine

Don't take things so seriously. Enjoy the time that you have here with your friends. I promise that they're nice people. Don't let others opinions sway your own intuition. Trust yourself and work hard for what you want. Don't stress so much, it won't be as scary as you believe. You'll do great.

The surrounding area. There isn't much to do around town. Sure there are a couple of bars and clubs downtown, but only if someone is promoting or a frat is having a party down there is it something worth going to.

Caitlyn

Learn how to study! Highschool may be easy for you, getting straight A's without having to put forth much effort, but college is not that way!! No matter where you go, there will always be difficult classes. Especially when you want a school that will challenge you. But you will get kicked in the butt the first semester if you don't know how to study. With the work load you get in college, there isn't much time to learn how to study so DO IT NOW! The more prepared you are for college, the more fun you will have while still doing well in school!

Someone that enjoys small class sizes, and is not looking for crazy parties. We party here with the fraternities and we also go downtown, but it isn't like at the large universities. You have to be willing to work because the classes here are harder, but its worth it.

The engineering program here is amazing. There are many ways to excell in the program. The campus itself if beautiful, you can walk everywhere you need to go, the weather is pretty great here as well.

Kia

Friendly, creative, lively

Friendly, creative, lively

Prepare yourself to work hard, Kia. You may have breezed through high school, but you have to actually STUDY in college. Don't get so caught up with the social life, and being drunk is never cute. Don't be wowed by the fraternity guys at parties, and keep your head on straight. You'll only hurt yourself if you worry about being "popular"; it's not as important as it feels in high school. Don't conform; continue to do what you love and what you know is right. NEVER follow the crowd. Be aware of your surroundings at all times. But always remember: HAVE FUN!

the social life and on campus atmosphere

Jillian

The best advice I could possibly offer to a young Jillian about starting college is to wait. I would tell her that she should not succum to pressures from parents and friends, and that she should find herself among the wonders of the world. I would tell her that everyone has a place in this world, and that some people need a year off after highschool to decide where that place is. Most importantly of all I would tell her that when she is in doubt to follow her gutt, and trust in those who love her. Finally I would tell her that Mom occasionally knows what she is talking about, and perhaps she should listen more often.

Rebekah

I would tell myself to start saving money NOW! Push yourself to fill out those scholarships and go the extra mile to find the ones that are offered to you. Be savvy with your finances. College can be expensive, so find out how to pay for it the best way. Also, college is not just like high school because you have to be determined to succeed, take the time to study and meet with your professors. College courses are there to help you prepare and give you a solid foundation for the career path that you choose. Take the time to actually learn the information, not just pass the next exam. The professors are there to help you, but you have to go to them and take the time to sit down with them to ask questions. Get involved with your college because that will help you ease into college life and meet new people. The college experience is not just for learning in the classroom but also learning outside of the classroom. This is the time create good habits and learn who you are as a person.

Mercer University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.