Toledo, OH
Mercy College of Ohio

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Mercy College of Ohio

Courtney

I love attending Mercy College. The atmosphere is always positive and upbeat and the professors really do a great job at making sure you learn. I do wish that the college had more extracurricular activities to participate in like sports and groups. I also think that the housing offered could be better managed.

Katelyn

Overall Mercy College of Ohio is a phenomenal school. I am a student who has been to previous school and I would recommend Mercy to anyone looking to go into a medical major. Mercy College has fantastic faculty, everyone wants to see you do well and succeed while following your dream. The campus is small which allows you to form tight friendships, know many people who attend your school, and allow one on one time with professors. Another great thing about Mercy College is all the students attending the college is pursuing a dream in the medical field. Overall Mercy College is a great place to attend school.

Katherine

Mercy College of Ohio is an amazing school that provides students with wonderful life long learning experiences that will be helpful throughout our career. The hands on learning provides great practice for real life on the job situations. The teachers and professors are always willing to help and meet with students out side of class to help with any problems we have in class. The students are all there to learn and everyone gets along. The teachers and students show respect to each other which makes the class a great environment !

carissa

They are best known for their passing rates on boards.

They are best known for their passing rates on boards.

I feel like I transitioned well from high school to college. The advice I would give myself would be to know exactly what I wanted to do instead of just throwing myself into a program and then deciding I do not like it.

I am not a very religious person and this is obviously a religious school, so having to take a religion course was and is hard for me.

If I could go back and give myself advice as a high school senior, there are few pointers that I would give myself. First, I would tell myself to follow my dream, no matter what obstacles I would face. Don’t expect college to pass by quickly. It takes hard work, but in the long run it’s worth the effort. I would also tell myself to get out and enjoy the experiences that come with college. The events, sports, and clubs are a great way to meet people and learn more about college life. Lastly, I would encourage myself to seize every opportunity that comes my way. College is a great experience overall and I should feel privileged to have the opportunity to attend.

Yolanda

if given the chance to tell myself what i know today, i would tell myself to listen to mom. As much as she complains about being serious about the furture, in the end she will always be right and love you no matter what. Slow down. Donot grow up as fast as you feel you need to. Be patient and keep your faith in God as much as you do now as you will feel overwhelmed and loose your faith. Do not let other influence you to leave school, make unnessasary spendings, and always no matter what do not give up on your family. In the end family will be the ones who never leave your side no matter what the situation. Be good to JoLynn the little sister as she love you alot and do everything possible to make daddy happy. Of course, love will come and go so do not let heartache make you lose focus. If you love someone set them free, if they dont come back they were never yours. All in all, be safe, be smart, dont lose your faith and you wont lose your way.

Tara

Mercy College is very involved; both with student and faculty. Everyone is very helpful. The atmosphere is exceptionally optomistic which encourages a positive outlook for all students. It makes for a stress free environment and I absolutely love that. I can get very stressed at times.

My class is very diverse, except for the fact that it is all women besides the 1 man. My classmates are from 20-55 years old. I enjoy spending time with the older women because they are usually more responsible, and full of wisdom! I enjoy the maturity level and environment that surrounds me. I think just being in a class like this I can also learn from my fellow classmates!

If only I could actually go back to high school and give myself words of wisdom.. I would have so much to say. If anything, I would like to go back to freshman year of high school to begin the path to my future. I would be the guidance I always aspired for. I never had a "role model" figure to advise me the importance of a quality education. I feel that has immensely affected my future. I would tell myself to be more involved and pay close attention to each and every class. I would facilitate better decision making not only academically but socially. Assisting the "teenage Tara" in future career decision making would be a priority to me, as during college I have gone back and forth between different fields within health care. In just the 4 years I have been out of high school I have matured and opened my eyes to the important aspects of life; the big picture. Not only have I grown personally, but as well with relationships; most importantly with my family. We can say "if only we could go back" but you learn from your mistakes and you grow as a person.

Natisha

One thing that I wished I had done in high school was to take academics a lot more seriously than I did. I wish I had studied harder and gotten better grades. I also regret not getting involved in sports or doing any type of volunteering service for the less fortunate. If I had taken advantage of those things I would have been a lot farther in life than I am right now, and I would be a lot more fulfilled and at peace with myself. I think it is so important for young people to give back to the community because you may find yourself in a situation where you may need a helping hand. Giving back to the community helps the population grow, and it improves the overall morale of the environment.

The best thing about my school is that it allowed me to volunteer at a homeless shelter which helped me broaden my perspective and see what it's really like for homeless people. I started to realize how uncomplicated it was to find myself mirroring their lives one day, that no matter how great of a job I may have, or how good the pay is, there is still that possibility that I may wind up vulnerable and without a place to rest my head at night. I enjoyed the experience and want to help out more in the future.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the lack of diversity. I would really like to see different races of other people branching out and attending Mercy College because it is a great atmosphere and provides so much help to those who need. Diversity really enriches the environment and allows us to learn more about those who are different from who we are. I enjoy interacting with different cultures because you learn so much and it's a very fulfilling experience.

LeeAnne

My classmates are all dedicated and hard-working and also always willing to help out other students with their school work.

The advice I would give myself would be to always put school work first--above jobs, above significant others, above a social life, etc. I would also tell myself that to really learn the material you have to study hard and understand it, not just memorize it all. I would tell myself to utilize all learning labs and study sessions to the fullest. I would also advise myself to be more open and outgoing with classmates, as they are going through the same things I am and understand how tough it is getting through the courses alone, so as to make friends and have those in the same classes as me to study with.

When I tell friends about my school I brag about the small class sizes and personal attention the professors give each student, how caring and helpful the academic advisors are and how there was no waiting list for my program of study, even though it is a very popular major.

Mercy College of Ohio administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.