Dobbs Ferry, NY
Mercy College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Mercy College

Mercy has been great so far, cant wait to see/experience more.

Mercy has been great so far, cant wait to see/experience more.

P

It is a great place to learn. I love the atmosphere at the Bronx and Manhattan campuses. Professors are more than willing to work with you. Class sizes are not too big. Maybe 20-25 students max depending on the class; whether it is a lecture or a lab. But overall the campuses are accessible and beautiful.

Jermaine
The Mercy Experience

Here at Mercy College students can partake in any club and do what is needed of them in classes and sports.

The Mercy Experience

Oliver
Hands down the most unsatisfying college experience I would ever imagine possible

This has been by far the worst semester I have spent at Mercy College thusfar. The classes I took this semester? 3/5 were online. Construction on campus? All day and night long. Navigating the destroyed campus supposedly under construction? A nightmare. Security guards on campus, their constantly on their phones or asleep on the job. Makes me feel real safe. Last but not least, the WIFI, Res Life, and the facilities such as Showers are all unacceptable. Wifi is terrible, no work can be done in the dorms. Res life and anyone who works with them, are snippy and speak always as if they could hate their job just a little more. And Showers Mercy? Come on, they should get hot on a regular, consistent and rapid basis. Its ridiculous not to be able to shower at certain times of the day, or even find paper towel in some of the bathrooms... Really terrible school experience so far with Mercy College and I really regret spending all this money so far on such a sub par, half assed school. ZERO STARS

Really
Terrible, if I could have given zero stars to Mercy I wouldnt Hesitate

Terrible, if I could have given zero stars to Mercy I wouldnt Hesitate

Unfortunately My experience here at Mercy college has been that of a slippery slope into a theoretical spiked pit of dismay, disorganization and disrespect. I started here in 2013, and have been steadily seen a decline in both services provided for students who live on campus here, and those apply for "lucrative new majors in up and coming fields" as Homeland Security was advertised. Low and behold, the Last of my classes have been Only offered online and I mean 75-80% of my courses pertaining to my actual major are online. There is a constant air of entitled, authoritarian rudeness throughout the entire Resident Life, and the Dean of Student services Kevin Joyce and his Assistant, Patricia Cristiano are rude and unhelpful every single time they are contacted with a problem regarding the dorms. This campus when I applied here in 2013 was scenic. As of last semester the entire middle of the campus INCLUDING 2/3rds of the parking near the dormitory, has been ripped up for construction of new dorms. -THE PICTURE DESCRIBING THIS CAMPUS on THIS WEBSITE IS COMPLETELY INACCURATE -Construction 730 AM to 530PM -Hot water takes anywhere between 5 to 30 minutes to reach the showers... -TERRIBLE WIFI COVERAGE has prevented me from posting for classes, and this review - I get billed twice, if not three times every semester repeatedly even after paying the bill for room, board and tuition the first time, every time... -Parking is no where near the dorms -Commuter orientated school, so if you commute youre Good!!! -Sub par teaching. The FEW teachers I have met throughout the time ive been here (LESS THAN 5) Have been exemplary and deserve either a raise or to be working in a higher paid position -Did I mention the Heat doesnt turn on until complained about or the 2nd week before school gets out is upon us -Actually have had a foreign english teacher before with a heavier accent than normal who completely garbled the language she was supposed to be teaching us, English...not Armenian -Private credits, thats right, you cant transfer without loosing atleast half of your credits -More often than not, the PACT student advisers are inept Really, Really unsatisfied with the experience Mercy College Advertises and then fails to provide. I really am. Also, if youre considering trasferring, good luck taking more than half of your credits with you regardless as to how much time, money or effort you have spent with these people.

Esther
fine college

Most of the staff are very helpful and accommodating.

fine college

Most of the staff are very helpful and accommodating.

Ceceilia
mercy college review

overall great place

mercy college review

overall great place

Mercy College was very financially inexpensive. I went to Sacred Heart University for my first two years, and then transferred to Mercy College. It cut the cost of tutition more than half and my experience at this school has been wonderful. The tuition cost is great and it definitely sets itself apart from other really expensive schools.

Knowing what I know now about myself as a soon-to-be college graduate, I would most likely tell my high school self to work hard, get involved and try new things. However, there really is not too much I would go back and change. I do not regret anything I have done or anything I have accomplished in these past couple of years. I believe things happen for reasons and mistakes occur to help us learn from them. So, from all such mistakes I may have made, they all sincerely helped me become the woman I am today and utterly change all previous preceptions I had on life. I would simply just tell myself to continue to work hard, follow my dreams and never give up. Times get hard, but it is truly the difficult times that determine who we are and what we are to become.

I love the staff. They do everything they can to help all students and really take the time to help whoever needs the help.

Eleanor

Very co-operative and hardworking

Very co-operative and hardworking

I would encourage myself to socialize more because life is not just about working on one's goals and aims, it's about who you know and who you can reach out to at some point in time. You may need help from others and same applies to them. Know who you are, where you want to be in the next few years and why you want to be there. Hardwork Pays!

Ebony

my classmates at mercy college was very helpful and supportive.

my classmates at mercy college was very helpful and supportive.

I did not give myself a chance to become a senior. I was Awarded to the state of New York and even though I was giving the same opportunities as children living with their parents, I allowed other people to define who I was. if I could go back in time I would tell my self.. "Ebony, dispite the fact you are left in this system all alone, you must make the best of it". "Ebony you have big dreams of becoming a powerful lawyer and active social worker. inorder for you to get there you must first take your time and slow down. Do not listen to the girls and case workers at the agency and group home, allow them to be your motivation for success". The last thing I would say to myself is , "Ebony keep in mind, if you work hard now you will enjoy great benefits later and before completion of college companies would offer you positions".

i wish that i would have know that there was no career assistance after graduation at the manhattan location.

Mercy College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.