Dobbs Ferry, NY
Mercy College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Mercy College

Jordan

I attended for two semesters on-campus at Dobbs Ferry and three online, since I moved out of state. The dorms were blazingly hot when we moved in. I had a room with 3 other girls and we kept several fans on constantly and still were so uncomfortable. No A/C. They also did not turn the heaters on until nearly November, so we would wake up at night because the room was freezing cold and our blankets had shifted. Shower curtains in the hall bathrooms were too small to cover the entire space in the shower, so you could see all the people walking in and out of the toilets while you bathed. The vents and heaters were so coated in dust and grime that allergies were a real problem in the rooms. We had to keep the windows open to keep some airflow, but that made the temperatures worse. Old, stained carpets that smelled horrible and had no cushioning between them and the concrete flooring. Some of the rooms looked like prisons (like mine, with the high, tiny windows) while others looked quite nice, with built in closets and mirrors, big windows, and lots of space. Very few clubs and even fewer active ones. Most campus events were for business majors. Before starting my first semester, I had two advisors. When I started, I got Monique DiNapoli, who was amazing and very helpful. When she was promoted, I was given a new advisor and then went through so many that I can only remember three or four. Sometimes I would receive two emails in a day notifying me of two different advising changes. Then, when I would email the person I was supposed to be assigned to, they would tell me that someone else was my advisor, but they would be glad to give me contact information. I'm a pretty driven person, so I rarely needed my advisors anyway, but if I had, this would have been an absolute nightmare. I was interested in the 4+1 program, which would have gotten me a Bachelor's and Master's degree in five years, but was never contacted back after both I and Monique, my advisor of the time, tried to reach out to the director of the program. I had some issues with the Yellow Ribbon program, mostly that they had me working with two reps, one of which was so incredibly rude and could not get his stories straight. They also needed frequent reminders that their half of the paperwork was due soon and that they still hadn't submitted it. I put in the degree conferral application twice and still had to call to make sure it was received and approved because I never got confirmation. Since then, I have contacted the school three separate times regarding the receipt of my diploma and been told three separate things about when and how I would get it. There is no access to printable unofficial transcripts. All transcripts have to be ordered, so if you need them for an employer ASAP, you'll have to wait on them. The financial aid process was a pain. They waited until well into my first semester to let me know that they would not be awarding the scholarship they promised because it could not interact with my other financial aid and then gave me until the end of the semester (my first, straight out of moving out of my parents' house) to come up with the money they decided I owed them. After leaving the campus and going online, I would receive several bills a month, many of which did not make sense, had incorrect math, and did not properly represent what was paid and owed. I would receive several bills a month sometimes, with one saying that I still owed over two thousand dollars that I had already paid and the other saying that the school owed me $80. There were some really excellent professors in the Psych program, though. They really felt for their students, and their classes were awesome. Library wasn't too bad, especially the Quiet Zone, but it was run my other students, so it sometimes got confusing when you needed to ask questions. The bookstore is insanely expensive, and the cafe was not very good and had really rude staff. The Dobbs Ferry campus is stunningly beautiful, but I can't excuse the terrible dorm life for that reason alone.

Lisa

Wayyy to expensive.. The best part about this school is that they have an excellent education programs and the staff is friendly and very eager to help you succeed with your career choice But it's too expensive. I recommend finding another school that offers the same program for a fraction of the cost

gabrielle

I am currently a freshmen at Mercy College. When I first visited it I figured that it would be the right fit for me because of the small campus. It's also very quiet and peaceful. The renovated dorms are great. For the most part the dorm halls are really clean. Food could be better but there are a few types of food that they cook very well. In all they just lack variety and high quality in the food. The facilities are minimal but that makes each one of them more useful. The student population is rather calm and everyone is pretty nice. Academics are great. One of the main reasons I chose this school is because i got into the business honors school which is amazing. Overall I give this school 4 stars because of the location, facilities, and academics.

Mercy has been great so far, cant wait to see/experience more.

Mercy has been great so far, cant wait to see/experience more.

P

It is a great place to learn. I love the atmosphere at the Bronx and Manhattan campuses. Professors are more than willing to work with you. Class sizes are not too big. Maybe 20-25 students max depending on the class; whether it is a lecture or a lab. But overall the campuses are accessible and beautiful.

Jermaine
The Mercy Experience

Here at Mercy College students can partake in any club and do what is needed of them in classes and sports.

The Mercy Experience

Oliver
Hands down the most unsatisfying college experience I would ever imagine possible

This has been by far the worst semester I have spent at Mercy College thusfar. The classes I took this semester? 3/5 were online. Construction on campus? All day and night long. Navigating the destroyed campus supposedly under construction? A nightmare. Security guards on campus, their constantly on their phones or asleep on the job. Makes me feel real safe. Last but not least, the WIFI, Res Life, and the facilities such as Showers are all unacceptable. Wifi is terrible, no work can be done in the dorms. Res life and anyone who works with them, are snippy and speak always as if they could hate their job just a little more. And Showers Mercy? Come on, they should get hot on a regular, consistent and rapid basis. Its ridiculous not to be able to shower at certain times of the day, or even find paper towel in some of the bathrooms... Really terrible school experience so far with Mercy College and I really regret spending all this money so far on such a sub par, half assed school. ZERO STARS

Really
Terrible, if I could have given zero stars to Mercy I wouldnt Hesitate

Terrible, if I could have given zero stars to Mercy I wouldnt Hesitate

Unfortunately My experience here at Mercy college has been that of a slippery slope into a theoretical spiked pit of dismay, disorganization and disrespect. I started here in 2013, and have been steadily seen a decline in both services provided for students who live on campus here, and those apply for "lucrative new majors in up and coming fields" as Homeland Security was advertised. Low and behold, the Last of my classes have been Only offered online and I mean 75-80% of my courses pertaining to my actual major are online. There is a constant air of entitled, authoritarian rudeness throughout the entire Resident Life, and the Dean of Student services Kevin Joyce and his Assistant, Patricia Cristiano are rude and unhelpful every single time they are contacted with a problem regarding the dorms. This campus when I applied here in 2013 was scenic. As of last semester the entire middle of the campus INCLUDING 2/3rds of the parking near the dormitory, has been ripped up for construction of new dorms. -THE PICTURE DESCRIBING THIS CAMPUS on THIS WEBSITE IS COMPLETELY INACCURATE -Construction 730 AM to 530PM -Hot water takes anywhere between 5 to 30 minutes to reach the showers... -TERRIBLE WIFI COVERAGE has prevented me from posting for classes, and this review - I get billed twice, if not three times every semester repeatedly even after paying the bill for room, board and tuition the first time, every time... -Parking is no where near the dorms -Commuter orientated school, so if you commute youre Good!!! -Sub par teaching. The FEW teachers I have met throughout the time ive been here (LESS THAN 5) Have been exemplary and deserve either a raise or to be working in a higher paid position -Did I mention the Heat doesnt turn on until complained about or the 2nd week before school gets out is upon us -Actually have had a foreign english teacher before with a heavier accent than normal who completely garbled the language she was supposed to be teaching us, English...not Armenian -Private credits, thats right, you cant transfer without loosing atleast half of your credits -More often than not, the PACT student advisers are inept Really, Really unsatisfied with the experience Mercy College Advertises and then fails to provide. I really am. Also, if youre considering trasferring, good luck taking more than half of your credits with you regardless as to how much time, money or effort you have spent with these people.

Esther
fine college

Most of the staff are very helpful and accommodating.

fine college

Most of the staff are very helpful and accommodating.

Ceceilia
mercy college review

overall great place

mercy college review

overall great place

Mercy College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.