Dobbs Ferry, NY
Mercy College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Mercy College

Monica

The advice I would give myself knowing what I know now is, value education and the quality of life it can bring, stay focused. Don't only think about YOU, think about everything around you and how all these things affect the environment you're in. Work towards progress, stay positive, don't be afraid to ask questions or ask for help and, offer something in return. Do research on different careers so you know what to major in. Prepare yourself to be ready. Research schools offering majors of interest. Don't let your peers pressure you into thinking their definition of cool is the only definition. Don't follow, don't lead... just be the best you can be and walk along side of your brothers and sisters. Reach back to where you came from and help another along the way. Get to know someone older, someone younger and appreciate what they bring to the conversation. Appreciate differences, give back to your community, love Mother Earth and share what you know with others. GET A MENTOR... several, if possible.

I wish I had known that it was easier to finish my degree while young rather than allowing life to get in the way so that it has taken me many more years to go part time. This is the reason I am now a full time student.

I brag the most about the flexibility of courses, the friendly students and faculty. With four campuses in the NY area, courses are a plenty and each campus is conveniently located. The professors also receive a plug from me. I haven't had one professor that I haven't appreciated.

Avory

knowing what i so far know, i would tell myself to try not to get caught up in so much drama. the drama is so much distaction and very stressful. if i a problem with the reading never be afraid to ask the professors and friends. College life is not as fun as you see on tv. it can only be fun if i allow myself to do all my work as soon as possible. College my may be scary at first because you dont kow anyone. Not everyone who goes to school on the first day and will know everyone. So dont feel discouraged.

Before I came to this school, I knew I had to work hard. But working hard is not good enough. I wish I had knew all the obstacles and distractions there would be.

in college there are different classmates for every class, some are attentive, determined;while some are laid back.

margaret

They are friendly and willing to help their fellow peers.

They are friendly and willing to help their fellow peers.

I would tell myself to attend the professor's office hours and study sessions. I would tell myself that sometimes it's okay to eat lunch alone. I would tell myself that I should join extracurricular activities, but not to the point of interfering with my studies. I would tell myself that Facebook and final weeks never belong in the same sentence. I would tell myself to attend every class, even if the professor does not take attendance and the class is at 8 am. I would tell myself to make as many friends as possible. I would tell myself to attend at least one game of every sport. I would tell myself to find a job as soon as I arrive on campus. I would tell myself to form a connection with my professors, rather than just being a student ID number. But most importantly, I would tell myself that it is okay to make mistakes in college, as long as I learn from those mistakes.

There are five different campuses to take classes at, conveniencing people from many different parts of New York.

Kenneth

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would definitely tell myself to work even harder because college life is far more rigorous. I would also tell myself that the transition between high school and college is a very large one. You must mature and realize there is no time for playing around and messing up once in college. Eventhough you get alot of freedom, it doesn't mean go crazy and fail your classes, because you'll only be hurting yourself. College professors aren't like high school teachers, they treat you like the adult you are suppose to be and let you take responsibility for your own actions. They do not give you as much leeway as a high school teacher would. If you fail, you fail; it's your responsibility to make sure you don't. And last but not least I would tell myself not to stress and to have fun when appropiate and in free time.

They are cool and collective as well as interactive with the rest of their peers.

That would the amount of work thats given at one set time, in a small time period.

To my High School Senior-Self-- Congratulations, you alpha dog! No longer are you the innocent pushee, slamming into lockers--you are now the pusher! As you may know, over the next few months, an incredible transition is about to take place. And while you may not be able to see past the tower of homework, college applications, and AP-test study guides, I have written to inform you of what to do. Simply take the opportunities as they come. Do not, I repeat, do not be afraid. You will be approached to speak in front of 700 of your closest friends. You will, contrary to popular belief, go to college. You will meet some people you truly love, and some, well, maybe not so much. You will be invited to explore a brand new city. You will discover how to make a cake without measuring cups. You will really learn the value of patience and persistence. And, in the end, the roller coaster of life will seem that much more thrilling if you just take the opportunties one by one. Signed, Yours of the Future, Lauren E. P.S. Don't stutter on stage.

If you do not want teacher interaction, then Mercy is not the school for you. Many teachers truly pride themselves on seeing students achieve rather than the paycheck they collect.

The diversity at Mercy College is absolutely incredible. Some colleges are dominiated by one particular racial background, students with similar hometowns and little inter-racial interaction occurs. At Mercy, this isn't the case. Not only do I have great friends from the New York City area, but friends from Haiti, Jamaica, and California. Everyone seems to just get along. Oh , and the school recently remodeled the library, which has gigantic windows overlooking the athletic fields and the Hudson River (with a beautiful view in the fall)!

kamal

Be sure to visitall the schools you interested in to go. Stay away from schools in the South. Appreciate the things and people that you have at home. You do not know how good you have it until you are away from home.

Susan

Learn how to schedule your time better and plan for money matters.

Learn how to schedule your time better and plan for money matters.

My school is unique becuase we are 30 min. away from one of the largest cultural, fashion, and retail centers of the world NY City. We also have the quite country areas within a hour so we have a nice balance to our enviroment.

My school has a 99% pass rate on the Veterinary Technology boards and has a 100% job placement after graduation.

BYRON

I WOULD TELL THEM MAKE SURE YOU DO A BACKGROUND IN THE SCHOOL. CHOOSING THE RIGHT SCHOOL IS VERY IMPORTANT. THEREFORE THE PARENTS SHOULD CHECK OUT THE SCHOOL WITH THE STUDENT. SEE HOW ADMINISTRATION IS AND IF ITS A GOOD COLLEGE FOR THEIR CHILD.

I DONT THINK MERCY COLLEGE HAS ANYTHING TO OFFER. ADMINISTRATION AND ADVISORS ALONG WITH STAFF DONT HELP THE STUDENTS IN THEIR NEEDS. STUDENTS ARE ALWAYS GETTING THE RUN AROUND. MERCY COLLEGE HAS A HIGH RATE OF TRANSFER STUDENTS AND I BELIEVE IT SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN.

EVERYTHING IN THE SCHOOL IS HORRIBLE. HOWEVER I WOULD HAVE TO SAY ITS ADMINISTRATION STAFF AND ADVISORS.

Jamie

Go in with determination, strive to be the best you can and do not let anyone hold you back!

Someone who really does not want to succeed. Determination to stay focused is important.

Jeff

Please make sure that you or your child knows what they want to get out of college before going/sending them there. Make sure to choose one that is academically stimulating and relative to one's apititude.

Someone who honestly can't get into any other school.

Classmates are generally uninterested in socializing after class. They go to class and then promptly return to their lives.

Mercy College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.