Dobbs Ferry, NY
Mercy College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Mercy College

Mercy College is a wonderful campus with amazing professors, students, and counclers that work together and work with the students to reach their full potential.

My college is known mainly for its outstanding acedemic studies. It is one of the top colleges in the state of New York for many things such as its amazing five year education program.

There are so many wonderful things that I have been able to take out of my college experience. In only my first year at Mercy College I have made friends that I will never lose and have learned life lessons that I will never forget. Being a dorming student my experiences go farther that those that simply attend the college. I have been able to experience life on my own and the joy of meeting the new people around me. My professors at Mercy have helped me to get closer to the stars that I wish to reach and have pushed me to be the best that I can be in the field of study that I am striving to complete. My experience at Mercy College is more valuable to me then anything someone can own. I would not give anything to lose this experience nor would I change anyhing about it. It would have to be one of the wisest decisions of my life and I thank God and my mother every day for allowing me to have and enjoy the experience.

I am currently enrolled in my second year of college at SUNY Albany. Last year, I attended Hudson Valley Community College. Even though it has only been one year, college to me has been worth the while. In my first and only year of college, I have made many friends and learned quite a bit about my major already. I have wanted to be a veterinarian, or help animals in some way since I can even remember. Being enrolled in the Biology program has made me confirm that I still want to do so. I have learned so much in Biology, and I wouldn't take any of my knowledge away for anything. In the Biology program, I have met so many people that are so diverse, and that I am able to call my friends. Basically, the most important thing that I have gotten out of my college experience is the knowledge that I want to stick with exactly what I have planned to do my whole life. My friends, and teachers have helped me through my first year, and have showed me what a wonderful thing it is to be able to study Biology and help animals.

Carlen

I applied to Mercy College not only because it was the school my mom graduated from but because it offered many things I needed. The professors were exceptional, if I received a low grade on a paper they would ask me what I needed help with and they would inform me of the hours and days they were available to tutor. My classes were small, the professors encouraged us to get to know our classmates and I enjoyed the lectures and even the research papers because they were interesting and informative. I love this school, I love the fact that I can attend both the Bronx and Manhattan campus during a semester, I like the fact that because they provide trimesters so I don't have to take classes till midnight. I've been at Mercy for two years now and I have never received a grade lower than a B, I have a 3.3 GPA and I have worked hard for it. At Mercy hard work pays off, I actually enjoy my classes and I look forward to the discussions. Mercy College is the exact environment I needed to grow mentally and emotionally, which I have.

In order to attend Mercy College a person needs to be willing to work hard. The professors at this school make it easy to pass the courses but you have to be willing to put in the work. As long as the person keeps working hard, doing the classwork as well as the homework in the manner the professor asked then you are sure to receive a passing grade. This school is mainly for people who are goal oriented and who will stop at nothing to get where they need to go.

I believe that someone who is not focused on school and who is much more of a party animal than someone who is career oriented should not attend this school. Someone who has yet to figure out what they want to do in life and who basically finished High School just because they showed up most of the time then this school is definitely not for them.

Monica

The advice I would give myself knowing what I know now is, value education and the quality of life it can bring, stay focused. Don't only think about YOU, think about everything around you and how all these things affect the environment you're in. Work towards progress, stay positive, don't be afraid to ask questions or ask for help and, offer something in return. Do research on different careers so you know what to major in. Prepare yourself to be ready. Research schools offering majors of interest. Don't let your peers pressure you into thinking their definition of cool is the only definition. Don't follow, don't lead... just be the best you can be and walk along side of your brothers and sisters. Reach back to where you came from and help another along the way. Get to know someone older, someone younger and appreciate what they bring to the conversation. Appreciate differences, give back to your community, love Mother Earth and share what you know with others. GET A MENTOR... several, if possible.

I wish I had known that it was easier to finish my degree while young rather than allowing life to get in the way so that it has taken me many more years to go part time. This is the reason I am now a full time student.

I brag the most about the flexibility of courses, the friendly students and faculty. With four campuses in the NY area, courses are a plenty and each campus is conveniently located. The professors also receive a plug from me. I haven't had one professor that I haven't appreciated.

Avory

in college there are different classmates for every class, some are attentive, determined;while some are laid back.

knowing what i so far know, i would tell myself to try not to get caught up in so much drama. the drama is so much distaction and very stressful. if i a problem with the reading never be afraid to ask the professors and friends. College life is not as fun as you see on tv. it can only be fun if i allow myself to do all my work as soon as possible. College my may be scary at first because you dont kow anyone. Not everyone who goes to school on the first day and will know everyone. So dont feel discouraged.

Before I came to this school, I knew I had to work hard. But working hard is not good enough. I wish I had knew all the obstacles and distractions there would be.

margaret

They are friendly and willing to help their fellow peers.

They are friendly and willing to help their fellow peers.

I would tell myself to attend the professor's office hours and study sessions. I would tell myself that sometimes it's okay to eat lunch alone. I would tell myself that I should join extracurricular activities, but not to the point of interfering with my studies. I would tell myself that Facebook and final weeks never belong in the same sentence. I would tell myself to attend every class, even if the professor does not take attendance and the class is at 8 am. I would tell myself to make as many friends as possible. I would tell myself to attend at least one game of every sport. I would tell myself to find a job as soon as I arrive on campus. I would tell myself to form a connection with my professors, rather than just being a student ID number. But most importantly, I would tell myself that it is okay to make mistakes in college, as long as I learn from those mistakes.

There are five different campuses to take classes at, conveniencing people from many different parts of New York.

Kenneth

They are cool and collective as well as interactive with the rest of their peers.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would definitely tell myself to work even harder because college life is far more rigorous. I would also tell myself that the transition between high school and college is a very large one. You must mature and realize there is no time for playing around and messing up once in college. Eventhough you get alot of freedom, it doesn't mean go crazy and fail your classes, because you'll only be hurting yourself. College professors aren't like high school teachers, they treat you like the adult you are suppose to be and let you take responsibility for your own actions. They do not give you as much leeway as a high school teacher would. If you fail, you fail; it's your responsibility to make sure you don't. And last but not least I would tell myself not to stress and to have fun when appropiate and in free time.

That would the amount of work thats given at one set time, in a small time period.

To my High School Senior-Self-- Congratulations, you alpha dog! No longer are you the innocent pushee, slamming into lockers--you are now the pusher! As you may know, over the next few months, an incredible transition is about to take place. And while you may not be able to see past the tower of homework, college applications, and AP-test study guides, I have written to inform you of what to do. Simply take the opportunities as they come. Do not, I repeat, do not be afraid. You will be approached to speak in front of 700 of your closest friends. You will, contrary to popular belief, go to college. You will meet some people you truly love, and some, well, maybe not so much. You will be invited to explore a brand new city. You will discover how to make a cake without measuring cups. You will really learn the value of patience and persistence. And, in the end, the roller coaster of life will seem that much more thrilling if you just take the opportunties one by one. Signed, Yours of the Future, Lauren E. P.S. Don't stutter on stage.

If you do not want teacher interaction, then Mercy is not the school for you. Many teachers truly pride themselves on seeing students achieve rather than the paycheck they collect.

The diversity at Mercy College is absolutely incredible. Some colleges are dominiated by one particular racial background, students with similar hometowns and little inter-racial interaction occurs. At Mercy, this isn't the case. Not only do I have great friends from the New York City area, but friends from Haiti, Jamaica, and California. Everyone seems to just get along. Oh , and the school recently remodeled the library, which has gigantic windows overlooking the athletic fields and the Hudson River (with a beautiful view in the fall)!

kamal

Be sure to visitall the schools you interested in to go. Stay away from schools in the South. Appreciate the things and people that you have at home. You do not know how good you have it until you are away from home.

Susan

My school is unique becuase we are 30 min. away from one of the largest cultural, fashion, and retail centers of the world NY City. We also have the quite country areas within a hour so we have a nice balance to our enviroment.

Learn how to schedule your time better and plan for money matters.

My school has a 99% pass rate on the Veterinary Technology boards and has a 100% job placement after graduation.

Mercy College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.