Mercy College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Mercy College

Adriana

I think it's a good college in it's own right. There are a lot of stuff to do around there and apparently they are pretty fun. The college looks clean and simple in a way, it's not exactly comforting but hey what are you going to do about it? All in all, its great but I'm indifferent.

Raafia

It's a pretty great school. They focus on helping their students succeed. The school helps its students navigate their way through their college careers. If you need help, it has a multitude of accessible features that can help you out. The school is also very diverse. That helps students fit in and not feel like they don't belong there. I am happy to be a student there. I know they will help me achieve my dreams.

Sheba

Mercy College is an academic where intellectuals and athletes from all walks of like can easily thrive. The class sizes are small and well adjusted. The professors are almost always available through email or have regularly scheduled office hours. Mercy College is an excellent place to pursue your degree or move on to higher education.

Jermaine

Here at Mercy College students can partake in any club and do what is needed of them in classes and sports.

Mercy has been great so far, cant wait to see/experience more.

Esther

Most of the staff are very helpful and accommodating.

Really

Unfortunately My experience here at Mercy college has been that of a slippery slope into a theoretical spiked pit of dismay, disorganization and disrespect. I started here in 2013, and have been steadily seen a decline in both services provided for students who live on campus here, and those apply for "lucrative new majors in up and coming fields" as Homeland Security was advertised. Low and behold, the Last of my classes have been Only offered online and I mean 75-80% of my courses pertaining to my actual major are online. There is a constant air of entitled, authoritarian rudeness throughout the entire Resident Life, and the Dean of Student services Kevin Joyce and his Assistant, Patricia Cristiano are rude and unhelpful every single time they are contacted with a problem regarding the dorms. This campus when I applied here in 2013 was scenic. As of last semester the entire middle of the campus INCLUDING 2/3rds of the parking near the dormitory, has been ripped up for construction of new dorms. -THE PICTURE DESCRIBING THIS CAMPUS on THIS WEBSITE IS COMPLETELY INACCURATE -Construction 730 AM to 530PM -Hot water takes anywhere between 5 to 30 minutes to reach the showers... -TERRIBLE WIFI COVERAGE has prevented me from posting for classes, and this review - I get billed twice, if not three times every semester repeatedly even after paying the bill for room, board and tuition the first time, every time... -Parking is no where near the dorms -Commuter orientated school, so if you commute youre Good!!! -Sub par teaching. The FEW teachers I have met throughout the time ive been here (LESS THAN 5) Have been exemplary and deserve either a raise or to be working in a higher paid position -Did I mention the Heat doesnt turn on until complained about or the 2nd week before school gets out is upon us -Actually have had a foreign english teacher before with a heavier accent than normal who completely garbled the language she was supposed to be teaching us, English...not Armenian -Private credits, thats right, you cant transfer without loosing atleast half of your credits -More often than not, the PACT student advisers are inept Really, Really unsatisfied with the experience Mercy College Advertises and then fails to provide. I really am. Also, if youre considering trasferring, good luck taking more than half of your credits with you regardless as to how much time, money or effort you have spent with these people.

Mawena

The school has gotten better the moment I became a senior. Freshman year was boring in the Bronx Campus because not much going on and I hated the school at the time. However, as time went by they started to a have student life was actually nice.

Ceceilia

overall great place

Oliver

This has been by far the worst semester I have spent at Mercy College thusfar. The classes I took this semester? 3/5 were online. Construction on campus? All day and night long. Navigating the destroyed campus supposedly under construction? A nightmare. Security guards on campus, their constantly on their phones or asleep on the job. Makes me feel real safe. Last but not least, the WIFI, Res Life, and the facilities such as Showers are all unacceptable. Wifi is terrible, no work can be done in the dorms. Res life and anyone who works with them, are snippy and speak always as if they could hate their job just a little more. And Showers Mercy? Come on, they should get hot on a regular, consistent and rapid basis. Its ridiculous not to be able to shower at certain times of the day, or even find paper towel in some of the bathrooms... Really terrible school experience so far with Mercy College and I really regret spending all this money so far on such a sub par, half assed school. ZERO STARS

P

It is a great place to learn. I love the atmosphere at the Bronx and Manhattan campuses. Professors are more than willing to work with you. Class sizes are not too big. Maybe 20-25 students max depending on the class; whether it is a lecture or a lab. But overall the campuses are accessible and beautiful.

Kenya

Mercy college has diverse students , and it's pedagogical system is amazing. I love that it's easy to get involved due to the active communication everyone has. I am a Freshman , and in my first year I became the star student of the month, along with awards for my academic excellence. Besides that I am involved tremendously in programs at mercy , such as the Bronx Leaderships council, The Mercy mavericks Team, and I am one who spreads the words about events being hosted.

Mary

The coaches lie while recruiting, there is no school spirit or presence at games. They try to get you to change your major, they are insulting and don’t care about bullying and offer no help to young 18yo students

My overall opinion of mercy college is it's a nice environment to be in, you meet new students and interact with one another.

gabrielle

I am currently a freshmen at Mercy College. When I first visited it I figured that it would be the right fit for me because of the small campus. It's also very quiet and peaceful. The renovated dorms are great. For the most part the dorm halls are really clean. Food could be better but there are a few types of food that they cook very well. In all they just lack variety and high quality in the food. The facilities are minimal but that makes each one of them more useful. The student population is rather calm and everyone is pretty nice. Academics are great. One of the main reasons I chose this school is because i got into the business honors school which is amazing. Overall I give this school 4 stars because of the location, facilities, and academics.

chana

Mercy College is a school where every student counts and they are here to help me advance and do the best I can. School is not my favorite activity yet after going through College with Mercy I felt i had a second chance . The evidence is in my GPA. I never did so well before. I am thankful for this opportunity and the future opportunities I will have because of my scholarships and graduate degree.

Keisha

It is an okay school. However, food on CNR campus for housing students are not that good. Not that healthy, there are not that much variety. I have repeatedly report this issue to the people responsible. They repeatedly say the y will improve . But they never do. I will continue to try and see the good in this school.

Jane

Mercy College has been a home to me for the past 4 years and I can honestly say that it has been a great experience. Of course colleges aren't perfect there has definitely been ups and downs, but my college experience has been quiet enjoyable. What I love the most about my college is the teachers thought there are some that can be difficult most of the teachers always try and make themselves available to you so that we can achieve success. Mercy college in the Bronx which is where I mostly attend is a small school, but it is very comfortable and is a good learning environment. I have learned so much and experienced so much that as I go on to graduate school will always remember. Classes are reasonable sized where we can learn and communicate with classmates. Overall I would recommend mercy to anyone of my friend it was a good school and I am happy that I am graduating in May from such and amazing school.

Destynee

Mercy is amazing any campus you go to you will love. The professors are really caring and always free and helpful. The work may be hard at times but that is because they see potential in their students. We have tutors on site and it is free!! Teachers even dedicate their time to help you with any work you need help with besides their class.

Amina

Mercy College is definitle a place for both students who know what path they are taking and for those who are still trying to figure themselves out. Hundreds of choices of classes to take, each so different and never a dull experience. You'll come in thinking you want to major/minor in one thing, and then might just have to change your mind based off the amazing classes they have to offer. Staff and faculty is always ready and will always lend an ear. Classrooms are small, so getting to know your professors is a major plus. The dobbsferry campus is large and beautiful, not a bad thing can be said about it while strolling around before my next class. Over all, it's definitely an amazing school and I'm so glad I've chosen it.

Mercy College is a dedicated, organized, caring community who treats all with fairness. Mercy College does not believe in lectures with five hundred students, which is favored by many like myself. Mercy College provides one-on-one time with students and faculty, allowing trusting relationships that have aced academics.

Lisa

Wayyy to expensive.. The best part about this school is that they have an excellent education programs and the staff is friendly and very eager to help you succeed with your career choice But it's too expensive. I recommend finding another school that offers the same program for a fraction of the cost

Kristineiry

My overall opinion of Mercy College is that it is such a wonderful school! The atmosphere is so positive! Everyone who works there is very supportive of the students! There are mentors that truly enjoy their jobs. Most of the professors are so helpful! They let the students know when their office hours are. E-mails are prompt. The extracurricular activities are great! There are more commuters than there are in-house residence.

Jordan

I attended for two semesters on-campus at Dobbs Ferry and three online, since I moved out of state. The dorms were blazingly hot when we moved in. I had a room with 3 other girls and we kept several fans on constantly and still were so uncomfortable. No A/C. They also did not turn the heaters on until nearly November, so we would wake up at night because the room was freezing cold and our blankets had shifted. Shower curtains in the hall bathrooms were too small to cover the entire space in the shower, so you could see all the people walking in and out of the toilets while you bathed. The vents and heaters were so coated in dust and grime that allergies were a real problem in the rooms. We had to keep the windows open to keep some airflow, but that made the temperatures worse. Old, stained carpets that smelled horrible and had no cushioning between them and the concrete flooring. Some of the rooms looked like prisons (like mine, with the high, tiny windows) while others looked quite nice, with built in closets and mirrors, big windows, and lots of space. Very few clubs and even fewer active ones. Most campus events were for business majors. Before starting my first semester, I had two advisors. When I started, I got Monique DiNapoli, who was amazing and very helpful. When she was promoted, I was given a new advisor and then went through so many that I can only remember three or four. Sometimes I would receive two emails in a day notifying me of two different advising changes. Then, when I would email the person I was supposed to be assigned to, they would tell me that someone else was my advisor, but they would be glad to give me contact information. I'm a pretty driven person, so I rarely needed my advisors anyway, but if I had, this would have been an absolute nightmare. I was interested in the 4+1 program, which would have gotten me a Bachelor's and Master's degree in five years, but was never contacted back after both I and Monique, my advisor of the time, tried to reach out to the director of the program. I had some issues with the Yellow Ribbon program, mostly that they had me working with two reps, one of which was so incredibly rude and could not get his stories straight. They also needed frequent reminders that their half of the paperwork was due soon and that they still hadn't submitted it. I put in the degree conferral application twice and still had to call to make sure it was received and approved because I never got confirmation. Since then, I have contacted the school three separate times regarding the receipt of my diploma and been told three separate things about when and how I would get it. There is no access to printable unofficial transcripts. All transcripts have to be ordered, so if you need them for an employer ASAP, you'll have to wait on them. The financial aid process was a pain. They waited until well into my first semester to let me know that they would not be awarding the scholarship they promised because it could not interact with my other financial aid and then gave me until the end of the semester (my first, straight out of moving out of my parents' house) to come up with the money they decided I owed them. After leaving the campus and going online, I would receive several bills a month, many of which did not make sense, had incorrect math, and did not properly represent what was paid and owed. I would receive several bills a month sometimes, with one saying that I still owed over two thousand dollars that I had already paid and the other saying that the school owed me $80. There were some really excellent professors in the Psych program, though. They really felt for their students, and their classes were awesome. Library wasn't too bad, especially the Quiet Zone, but it was run my other students, so it sometimes got confusing when you needed to ask questions. The bookstore is insanely expensive, and the cafe was not very good and had really rude staff. The Dobbs Ferry campus is stunningly beautiful, but I can't excuse the terrible dorm life for that reason alone.

Tachie

Mercy college is a great chill school. This wasn't where I wanted to attend at first but honestly I love the school. I know most of the professors who teach because they're always available. There are a few new activities on campus. There is parking spots now that is very helpful. Classes are in depth and great. New things and changes have been occurring ever since I started freshman year. The president of the school takes his time to get to know each and everyone of his students. The schools safety is a #10. I rated the school a four because a few things can be changed, however. 1. If apartments weren't too far from campus that would be better. 2. The food is always the same and isn't as healthy so students tire easily from it. 3. Some professors are so intelligent at what they teach that they end up teaching themselves. Professors are always available though. The helping center has great tutors as well for additional help.

Anicia

When I visited Mercy College I fell in love with the campus. I'm going for the women's soccer team and our field has a perfect view of the Hudson river. If I wanted to I could even take a 45 min train ride from the campus to the big apple New York City. The classrooms are filled with students who crave intelligence and want to learn. I'm so happy I get to attend this school in the fall.

Yariveth

I personally believe that since we have more than one campus, we should be able to access the clubs and sports through whichever campus we’re in and not have to travel to the main campus. The students and professors are all helpful and always there for you. Overall, the school is a safe and academically challenging place.

Nyquasia

The school is a good place. The faculty care about the students. It is a the kind of educational institution that will help you to succeed. The academic mentors are really great. I leave my lectures and labs feeling good about what I was taught. There nursing program is excellent.

Paige

If you are going to this school for a specific program it is well worth it. If you are undecided on a career path it will pay off to go to a community college first until you make your decision. The teachers and staff are very dedicated and willing to help students. This is school, like any other, is what you make of the experience.

Melissa

Great atmosphere, and very diverse! You feel at home on campus and feel great to know you are learning something new everyday. The professors are great mentors and help in every way to help you succeed. Overall a medium size campus which I enjoy because all my classes are close by.

Isabel

It's a school that trys to keep kids involved and active. It's small in size but they're are plenty of opportunities to achieve academic and social goals. The scenery is amazing since the Hudson River is the college's backyard. Also, the on-campus train is perfect to escape up-state New York and head to the city for a night out or internship.

Katherine

My overall opinion about Mercy College is that is a very good school. The school has many students motivated and interacting with each other to achieve more. The school is very bright and looks like it has a lot of love and joy. On my campus visit on Saturday November 10, 2018, the staff and everybody was very nice. The campus and the people working there know what they are doing. Staff is very lovely, they seem very interested I the alumni’s education one of the executive director of admissions was very kind to ask how my application process was going. She had taken to one of the computer labs to see if my application was being processed and she help me, and she told me that the application was processed and to not worry that they will contact me for the acceptance.

cynthia

it's a great school

Ronneice

Mercy is a well organized college. It’s like a family, everyone is caring and supportive of eachother. It’s easy to connect and network with peers and most importantly it’s extremely safe. The amount of love in the environment helps to make this college feel warmth.

Danielle

I am a commuter student so I haven’t experienced the campus lifestyle. However, the cafeteria food is overpriced and not very good. They seem to have a good sports culture. The parking is terrible and only getting worse. I’m currently in the masters program for Occupational Therapy with a group of very intelligent and passionate students. Although the school is very expensive, within my masters program I have learned a tremendous amount and feel more prepared than others in similar programs.

I myself being a first time college student really enjoyed Mercy college, the staff is more than willing to help you navigate your way through your college career. Also they’re really good about helping you find your way I came into college not knowing anything about it and was helped all the way from finding loans and grants to picking out my Course schedule. I feel like a lot of colleges you can get as they say lost in the sauce but at mercy as long as you’re willing to put in the effort and ask for help then you’ll find your way.

Jacqueline

It’s a great college, I’m learning a lot of things which I didn’t learn before in high school now I am about to attend Mercy College in the fall of 2019.

aj

The object of their perfection with students is to make the right connection with students. The have always been their to motivate students to apply what they learned from the Professors who are always there to the subject matter at hand so later on they can absorb what is useful from their lessons and be dedicated all the way to the end.