Erie, PA
Mercyhurst University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Mercyhurst University

chau

When i go to the ARIZONA WESTERN COLLEGE, which is my current college, i am taught how to communicate and understand people from many different backgrounds. I am in major of Fine Art now. I love to express my emotion through events that i join, class i attend and the art works i make. I always want to do something, that's why i wish my works are not just for exhibition but for realistic purposes.

Scott

Mercyhurs collegeis best known for its great forensic science program and its intelligence program. They are in the top schools for theses fields of studies. The professoors are still active in their fiels and cotinue to teach as well. Over all the programs all have great professors no matter what your major is.

I have learned so much about my major since i have been here. It has allowed me to see different job placements for my field of work and allow me to eliminate fields that dont interest me and helps me with the things that interest me most. I really enjoy all of the different sciences that i have the oppertunity to take multiple classes with teachers that i enjoy and the classes are not that big so the teachers are able to help each student who needs it individually.

They offer a egan scholarship of $10,000 for each student who has a 23 or higher on their act scores. I wish i would have known that before i attended here so i could have taken them again to get my score up one point and get this scholarship.

Kraig

College is very important to me for many reasons. One of which is its importantance to my future. Without college, I would have very little chance of ever reaching my goal of becoming a Telecommunication Technician. With this degree I will have a bright future ahead of me. I hope to receive this scholarship to help ensure I can become all that I can be in my field. Another reason I would like this scholarship is to take the worry out of college. Focus in the classroom should always come before the concern of where the funds for next semesters tuition comes from. Everyone should have an equal chance at reaching their dreams. This is why I would like to thank you for offering this scholarship. I hope that you will continue to help students like me. This allows them to chase their dreams and accomplish degrees, that will give them a hopeful outlook on the rest of their lives.

Janet

College has been a great experience for me. I have learned many things that I did not think I was smart enough to learn. It was daunting to go back to school at my age but I understand better than most of my classmates. It has been rewarding to assist young students that I have class with whom are struggling with their studies in classes that I excell at. I had the wonderful compliment of a teacher that has brightened my days in class with her. I was thanked for being a great student as I come to class and listen, pay attention and learn eagerly. It is fun to engage with my instructors and be able to pick their brains as to the wealth of information in them.

Tanna

A small and beautiful campus where school professionals are there to help you get that much closer to achieving your dreams.

My college experience here at Mercyhurst has been one that I feel better prepared me for growing up and being an sucessful independent professional in society. It has been vauble to attend because being on your own forces you to be and act upon responsibities that you may have not done living at home. I have learned to take on financial responsibities , which is a huge task to take on. I have also better grasp the meaning of money but working two jobs while being in school. I have gotten so many postive life experiences from attending school and most importantly an invauble educational experience that will benefit me for life.

The best thing about Mercyhurst, is the small class size gaining a lot of individual attention from the professors.

Chelsea

My classmates are amazing! I was so fortunate to meet them. They really are like my second family. I was worried, coming to school, that I wasn't going to fit in. My fellow students made me feel welcome; they made me feel like I was where I belong. I believe that my classmates are some of the most accepting people I have ever met. We are all different but somehow it is our differences that bring us closer together.

Attending college has always been a dream of mine and when I first set foot on the Mercyhurst college campus I knew that it was the place for me. I have just completed my first year and I have learned so much about myself. I believe that college is a time of great personal growth; a time to discover who you really are. While what you learn in a classroom is very important, what you learn about yourself outside the classroom I believe is even more valuable. I have learned to be true to yourself. You know who you are, and you shouldn't change that to accomodate someone else. If you are true to yourself people will see that confidence and you'll find who your true friends are because they will be the ones who will stick by your side through anything. They know who you are because you haven't tried to be anything but yourself. Being true to yourself is perhaps the most important thing I learned from going to college and it's a life lesson that I will carry with me through the rest of my days.

I don't think there is a specific kind of person that shouldn't attend Mercyhurst College. It's a great institution but people who expect an easy time there they can just party and breeze through classes will be in for a surprise. Mercyhurst College has a demanding liberal arts curriculum which everyone must fulfill and a challenging program for your particular area of study. People who think that college is easy and that won't apply themselves should probably consider a different school because at Mercyhurst you will be challenged.

Dara

My college experience has given me the confidence and tools to enter the real world as not only a holder of a bachelor's degree, but a truly educated person. I had a job in my field before graduation and have since gone on to become self employed and successful in several aspects of my college degree. I can truly say that no credit was wasted or empty in my education. I have already used every bit of my degree and can only see more of the same in the future. I have created lasting relationships with my professors and peers who I can rely on as professional references. There was no better choice for me than Mercyhurst College. I don't believe I could have been better prepared for the real world at any other college. This was a perfect fit for me!

The worst thing is the weather. LOTS of cold and snow. Class almost never cancels because of the weather and winter lasts from October to May.

Heather

Very small, somewhat carreer frustrating, and overwhelming.

Very small, somewhat carreer frustrating, and overwhelming.

My main focus would be making sure that every major decision is made cautiously. I enjoy the independent liftstyle at college, but you really grow up fast. Researching schools and scholarships is very important. For some reason there is never enough money to go to school. I also wish I could've known more about myself as of what I wanted to be in life. Being very open minded with carreer choices can really confused you. Don't take on more than you can't handle.

You shouldn't attend this school if you aren't sure what you want to do in life, or you will be behind or end up paying more than you wanted.

I know that Mercyhurst College is well known for its Learning Differnece Program. Mercyhurst is also know for some of its academic programs like Art Theary and Archeology. In terms of sports Mercyhurst is known for hockey, espcailly the Women's Hockey team who is Division I and ranked #1 Nationally.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition there would be a few points of advice I would give myself. First I think I would have to say do not worry so much about the future, you do not have to have the rest of your life planned out before you go to college. Enjoy the time you have left in high schoool but be exceited to start college and something new. Be opened to new ideas and people, get out and join clubs and get to know as many people as you can. College is a lot of work but it should also be fun and one of the best times of your life and it starts to go by fast. Always remember too that anything is possible and follow your dreams.

The kind of person that should attend Mercyhurst College is someone who is looking for a smaller sized school that is close knit with an excellent curriculum. Someone who prefers Tri-mesters instead of semesters. A bonus is that Mercyhurst has an excellent Learning Differences Program if a student needs it. Someone who doesnt mind the snow on its beautiful campus.

Alaina

This is a particularly easy question for me to answer, because I remember my exact mindset as a senior in high school: relax and get out! I only took one AP test although I had taken three AP courses, and I only took one class at a local university when I could have taken more. When I got to college, I quickly enrolled in a double major of Journalism (Communications) and Spanish. I love to write and I love the Spanish language, so this was a no brainer for me. However, with the heavy liberal arts focus at this school and the high number of required courses, I am finding it difficult to graduate on time with a double major. And as I have no desire to be at Mercyhurst College any longer than I have to, (I want to go to graduate school and achieve my doctorate), it is of the utmost importance for me to graduate on time. So, in answer to the question, in high school I would have taken more AP tests and university classes in order to come to college with as many credits as possible.

The worst thing about my school has to be the housing. The apartments are extremely old and breaking down. We still have radiators and they don't shut off. Some of the apartments even have mold in them. Second to this is the college's inability/lack of caring to take care of the problem. They barely fix anything, and when they do it is always a bad job. (For example, all they did was paint over the mold, they didn't actually get rid of it.)

There really is no kind of person that shouldn't attend this school. It is great for everyone. Although my first response was someone who wanted to go to a big city for school and get away from their home town, this is what I thought I wanted to do and I ended up staying in my hometown, and I have no regrets about this.

Mercyhurst University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.