Erie, PA
Mercyhurst University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Mercyhurst University

Courtney

Competitive, caring, humorous, down-to-earth, understanding, helpful, loyal.

Competitive, caring, humorous, down-to-earth, understanding, helpful, loyal.

Balance more academic life versus the social life. Be more involved with activities, clubs, and events on campus. Make more friends than the huge amount you already have.

I would tell myself, settle down. I am a very fast paced person, everything needs to be done as soon as possible. This frustrates me about myself, and I think that it also can get in the way of my social life, as well as academic success. Reassurring myself the world isn't going to end if I don't do a paper right now, would have really been helpful and decreased my stress levels significantly. I think letting myslef know that everything happens for a reason would also be important. Things happens, bad test grades, bad break-ups, friends transfer, you don't get a job or internship you wanted, but in the end things will work out, and probably for the best.

I think I would have liked to know a little more about clubs and intermurlas on campus.

I think that the most frustrating thing would be the parking.

Michelle

Well-rounded, open-minded, friendly individuals

Well-rounded, open-minded, friendly individuals

Has a lot of majors that aren't seen in most other schools such as dance and anthropology

It is important to keep in mind that everyone is different when it comes to the transition from high school to college and college life itself. Starting off strong academically is key but so is making friends; get involved in campus clubs, activities, sports, etc. Take the initiative to get involved even if you do not know anyone. Find the right group of friends both in your major to keep you on track with academics, and outside of your major to keep you sane. Your friends will help your overall well being, especially as a transitioning freshman. Be careful not to let your social life get in the way of your academics; it is much easier to let your GPA drop than it is to try to raise it. Stay motivated with your schoolwork and develop relationships with your professors letting them see that you care about class material/ school. If you are struggling academically or even socially they can lend a hand or at least point you in the right direction towards help. College life and the transition into it can be tough but you need to remind yourself that everyone is going/ has gone through the same thing!

Mercyhurst College is known for it's small, gorgeous campus, outstanding academics, individual attention given in the classroom, and excellent hockey team. The most acclaimed programs on campus would probably be the Dance and Intelligence Studies programs. However, all of the academics are challenging. Also, our on-campus housing is excellent, and, after the freshman year, students live on apartments on campus.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself that it is okay to ask for help. When I first came to campus, I had difficulty making friends, which was a problem I had never encountered before. I considered leaving Mercyhurst because I was so unhappy. My mom convinced me to go talk to an on-campus counselor. At first I was ashamed, but talking with the counselor really helped. I now have a great group of friends who I hang out with all the time. I would tell the high school version of me that it's okay to feel sad and miss home, but it is important to ask for help. I would also tell myself that you cannot force yourself into a group of friends and, if you are patient, a fantastic group of people will enter your life and change it for the better.

I brag most about my dorm. My dorm building is only one year old and is in great condition. The rooms are larger than the rooms at most colleges, and we have air conditioning. Best of all, we have our own bathrooms that we only have to share with one roommate!

Jesse

This Highschool is like a glorified Highschool

This Highschool is like a glorified Highschool

Highschool atmosphere.

I would choose a different school

classes are small and the teachers will know your name if you put in time with them. Overall class and test are very easy

Nothing to do in erie and downtown is to dangerous to be in.

This School is dominated by jocks. The hockey team is the only D1 team and are not the nicest people. This college is just like a highschool in terms of stereotypes.

chau

When i go to the ARIZONA WESTERN COLLEGE, which is my current college, i am taught how to communicate and understand people from many different backgrounds. I am in major of Fine Art now. I love to express my emotion through events that i join, class i attend and the art works i make. I always want to do something, that's why i wish my works are not just for exhibition but for realistic purposes.

Scott

Mercyhurs collegeis best known for its great forensic science program and its intelligence program. They are in the top schools for theses fields of studies. The professoors are still active in their fiels and cotinue to teach as well. Over all the programs all have great professors no matter what your major is.

I have learned so much about my major since i have been here. It has allowed me to see different job placements for my field of work and allow me to eliminate fields that dont interest me and helps me with the things that interest me most. I really enjoy all of the different sciences that i have the oppertunity to take multiple classes with teachers that i enjoy and the classes are not that big so the teachers are able to help each student who needs it individually.

They offer a egan scholarship of $10,000 for each student who has a 23 or higher on their act scores. I wish i would have known that before i attended here so i could have taken them again to get my score up one point and get this scholarship.

Kraig

College is very important to me for many reasons. One of which is its importantance to my future. Without college, I would have very little chance of ever reaching my goal of becoming a Telecommunication Technician. With this degree I will have a bright future ahead of me. I hope to receive this scholarship to help ensure I can become all that I can be in my field. Another reason I would like this scholarship is to take the worry out of college. Focus in the classroom should always come before the concern of where the funds for next semesters tuition comes from. Everyone should have an equal chance at reaching their dreams. This is why I would like to thank you for offering this scholarship. I hope that you will continue to help students like me. This allows them to chase their dreams and accomplish degrees, that will give them a hopeful outlook on the rest of their lives.

Janet

College has been a great experience for me. I have learned many things that I did not think I was smart enough to learn. It was daunting to go back to school at my age but I understand better than most of my classmates. It has been rewarding to assist young students that I have class with whom are struggling with their studies in classes that I excell at. I had the wonderful compliment of a teacher that has brightened my days in class with her. I was thanked for being a great student as I come to class and listen, pay attention and learn eagerly. It is fun to engage with my instructors and be able to pick their brains as to the wealth of information in them.

Tanna

A small and beautiful campus where school professionals are there to help you get that much closer to achieving your dreams.

My college experience here at Mercyhurst has been one that I feel better prepared me for growing up and being an sucessful independent professional in society. It has been vauble to attend because being on your own forces you to be and act upon responsibities that you may have not done living at home. I have learned to take on financial responsibities , which is a huge task to take on. I have also better grasp the meaning of money but working two jobs while being in school. I have gotten so many postive life experiences from attending school and most importantly an invauble educational experience that will benefit me for life.

The best thing about Mercyhurst, is the small class size gaining a lot of individual attention from the professors.

Mercyhurst University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.