Mercyhurst University

« See more reviews of Mercyhurst University

Students who do not value personal attention or who are only concerned about joining social fraternities or sororities will probably not find Mercyhurst a good fit for them. At Mercyhurst, students are not just a number or random face; professors, advisors and staff know students on an individual basis and have genuine concern for their progress and success at the college and beyond. Students are offered rigorous and challenging courses, as well as a plethora of extracurricular clubs, activities and sports in which they can participate.

I don't think there is a specific kind of person that shouldn't attend Mercyhurst College. It's a great institution but people who expect an easy time there they can just party and breeze through classes will be in for a surprise. Mercyhurst College has a demanding liberal arts curriculum which everyone must fulfill and a challenging program for your particular area of study. People who think that college is easy and that won't apply themselves should probably consider a different school because at Mercyhurst you will be challenged.

This is not a school for the student that wants to party and goof around alot, the academics are intense and the courses are demanding. So if you want to blow off classes and just have fun, this is not the right setting for you> There are alot of activities and organizations of a huderd kinds, so if you don't like getting involved in your school community, this may not be the best choice for you either.

There really is no kind of person that shouldn't attend this school. It is great for everyone. Although my first response was someone who wanted to go to a big city for school and get away from their home town, this is what I thought I wanted to do and I ended up staying in my hometown, and I have no regrets about this.

Someone who loves the big city feel and likes to be able to go out at night and have lots of different places to go to. Also someone who has no interest in learning but instead would prefer to just party. Also, if you do not like snow, rain and cold weather this is not the place for you. We get lots of it.

Anyone who doesn't want to learn should not attend this school. It is a liberal arts school and has wide variety of core classes that are mandatory. Thare are also no fraternities or sororities. I, personally, like this, but some may not.

someone not motivated or focused enough to maintain focus on classwork. The intensity of the shorter terms leads to increased workloads. Losing focus would make it impossible to do well in classes

You shouldn't attend this school if you are not willing to work hard, don't want to come to a small school. If you like to party a lot this is not the school you want to go to.

Some one looking for a big campus, lots of parties. People who don't want to take core classes like philosophy, psychology, and religion. Slackers.

Those who do not want to be at a small school. It is very similar to high school in that you know most of the people in your graduating class.