Mercyhurst University

« See more reviews of Mercyhurst University

I wish I had known that this statement is a true one: You will not be able to read everything that you are assigned in college. It is important to pick and choose what is important and what you can do without. Also, this phrase, one you might have heard from one of your younger high-school teachers, is also true: It's not about working hard, it's about working smart. This is true on so many levels. Without actually cutting corners, anything you can do to help you decrease your workload is helpful.

I wish I had known the return rate of students. When I came for an overnight visit, everything seemed so wonderful. However, now that I am actually here I find it to be much different than that day I came to visit. I should have gotten all the facts about the school rather than just base my decision on one night. I should have asked more questions and talked to more people.

I wish that I had known a few people before I went to this school. It's not that hard to meet people, but it's nice to have someone with you in the beginning. I would have also wanted to know about things such as the student government and various clubs before I came. I may have been more involved if I would've been able to look at what I wanted to do before attending.

They offer a egan scholarship of $10,000 for each student who has a 23 or higher on their act scores. I wish i would have known that before i attended here so i could have taken them again to get my score up one point and get this scholarship.

I wish I knew more about the class requirements to graduate. We have to take many other courses not related to our major and that don't seem to have much relevance to anything else. Overall though I like most of the courses I have to take.

That Erie never sees sunlight... Honestly, if you think Forks from Twilight was bad, wait to you come to Erie where it's always raining or snowing.... That and I wish PA knew what a snow plow is... it would make life so much easier.

I wish I would have known how hard and annoying it would be to walk in the snow to class.

I think I would have liked to know a little more about clubs and intermurlas on campus.

I wish I knew that there wasn't much to do in the town surrounding my campus

How cold lake effect winds really can be.