Meridian, MS
Meridian Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Meridian Community College

Fisher

All of my classmates at MCC tend to be very quiet around new people at first.

All of my classmates at MCC tend to be very quiet around new people at first.

For fear of my not focusing and achieving my 4.0 GPA, I would not tell myself to relax. I would tell myself that there are two kinds of people in this world: those who want to be a part of your life and those who don't. I would tell myself to forget the ones who don't and appreciate the ones who do because they're the ones who make you.

The most frustrating thing that I have experienced is having e-books with typos that cost twice as much as the hard copies and expire after the semester is over.

Katie

I am enjoying my first semester as a returning adult student at Meridian Community College. The staff and instructors are very helpful. I feel as though all the faculty at this campus has my best interest at heart.

My College Cares Day! This was the first year the entire school went into the community to volunteer together. I think it was a huge success!

I do not feel this is an appropriate question to answer.

While this is my first semester baseball and basketball seem to be the most popular sports, but the campus is always busy with activities. The christian community there is also very alive.

Students here are of all ages. They are not over the top rambunctious and seem very well behaved, which is nice because the last community college I attended in another state was very different.

I am enrolled in a specialty program at Meridian Community College. The book work and lecture at very informative and I feel that I will be prepared for my career when I leave this establishment.

Brianna

My classmates are very encouraging. I have made some friends with my classmates. The classes that I have taken and that I am taking have had most of the same people due to our fields being closely related. I feel very comfortable around my classmates. I can ask them questions and get help most of the time. We set up study groups a lot and have gotten a lot closer over the course of our time at MCC.

My school is best known for providing an education for a great price for local students. Also, MCC is known for the great quality of education with very dedicated, intelligent, and experienced professors. Also, MCC is known for a great nursing program and a great university transfer program.

If I could go back in time to talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to not be so excited for college. When I was in high school, I chose to attend a local community college for two years to have a slow transition into college life instead of going straight to a big university. I expected to meet so many new people and make a lot of new friends. I expected to be more social than I was in high school because no one would know who I was. That was not the case due to going to a local community college. Although the college is very diverse, I have seen a lot of people that I already knew from high school. Due to not having my high expectations met, I was kind of let down and did not have much of social life in my first year of college. Having come to terms with the fact that I would not meet many new people now, I have branched out much more in this year.

Breanna

My school is very diverse and has a lot of many different things to offer to students that have different interest.

If I could go back in time, and have a talk with my high school self about college, I would tell myself that it is very important to get as much rest as you can. Instead of staying up all night, go to bed early so that way you will be well rested for the next day. I would tell myself that it is always good to study ahead of time instead of trying to cramp everything into my brain the day before a big test. Also , I would let my high school self know that even if you make one bad grade, it is not the end of the world, do not be so hard on myself and there is always room for improvement.

There is nothing that I wish I would've have known prior to going to the school.

Meridian Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.