North Andover, MA
Merrimack College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Merrimack College

Merrimack College is the college making my dreams come true.

Merrimack College is the college making my dreams come true.

During this past year and a half, I have faced many challenges and met new people that have made my relationship with God stronger. I trust that God has brought me here to Merrimack and plans to do great things while I am there for the next two years. So far, I have ultimately enjoyed my experience and can't wait for what God has in store for me. Academically, I feel as though my professors at Merrimack care about students and they care about our futures. Therefore, Merrimack has prepared me to be a better communicator, and will bring me close to my dreams of becoming a broadcaster in the future. I recommend Merrimack College to students who are searching for that small school environment that hope to have professors to remember your name and face and always care about what your grades may be. I have always been used to being in a small school, and it is one of the great factors that Merrimack offers. Lastly, everyone at Merrimack is warm welcoming and will make you feel like you are part of the Merrimack community. An all in all a great college experience for anybody.

In my opinion, I believe the "worst thing" about my school is our budget when it comes to outside activites. If Merrimack wanted to have a big concert, it could take a long for all of us to enjoy a huge concert featuring a big artist just because we don't have a huge budget in our club/organization committee.

Meghan

My college expierence has made me a better person overall. When I left highschool, I had no idea what I even wanted to do with my life and at the end of the summer, I chose to attend Middlesex Community College. That was the best decision of my life, because it opened up my eyes to a new type of education. I took several classes in different majors and finally found my niche in Communications. It took me an extra year to graduate with my associates, but along the way I made a ton of friends and got to participate in several school activities. I was never like that in highschool. I was always the person who hated school, and wasn't involved. I thank Middlesex for allowing me to continue my education and help me appreciate the value of it. I now attend Merrimack College in North Andover, and I am still getting used to it. Its hard going from a city campus to one that is set in the middle of a town, but I make do. I have joined a sorority and I am looking to join the Spanish club. I want to be extraoridinary.

The type of person that should attend this school, is one that likes to be in rural areas. There's really not much going on and everything is all the same. So a person that does not like change would be a perfect fit for this school.

The most frustrating thing about my school, is that as a transfer student, it is really hard to make friends. Everyone is already in their own little cliques. The school kind of reminds me of the movie mean girls. I feel that when I was on the tour of my school I was a little mislead in several areas of the campus as well. I was told there was organic/vegitarian options in the dining hall and there isn't. We were also told that there is free transportation, which there isn't.. Sometimes I get frustrated.

Andrea

We are a small catholic college that prides itself with small class sizes and quality education. All staff are there to help you succeed, not only during your time at Merrimack, but in your life beyond it as well. Everyone is welcoming and friendly and wants to see you achieve your goals.

I have gained so much independence since I have been attending college. Prior to being in college I lived with my parents and had lots of rules as well as help with almost every aspect in my life. Once I left for college I was able to spread my wings and learn to live on my own. It has been a very powerful as well as emotional experience, however I feel like I am a stronger individual who can indeed make it on her own. I have proved to myself if no one else that I am an adult now and no longer need my parents to hold my hand every step of the way. I am going places on my own and can achieve my dreams without anyone else.. I am my own person.

Because Merrimack is such a small college it can be very clicky. Many students who attend have friends that attend the college as well which can make it hard to make friends because of the unwillingness of others to allow you into their "exculsive" group of friends.

kimberly

My classmates make it easy to learn and ask questions in class; they make you feel comfortable when asking a question

Knowing what I know now I would learn to take more responsibility upon myself. College is all about time management and responsibility; you dont have someone telling you do your homework, studying for your tests. You have to take it upon yourself and learn how to do everything you need to get done in time.

The best thing at Merrimack College is the willingness of the faculty and staff. They are always willing to help you and take that extra mile to help you.

Sandiego

I am from Brazil which has a more laid back people. Knowing what I do now, if I went back in time I would tell myself three things: work harder, party less, and take college preparation courses. The first thing that I would tell my high school self would be to work harder. I did not pay much attention to my high school studies and I missed a lot of what was taught. I did well on tests and got good grades but I didn't internalize the lessons, and now I am struggling to relearn much of what was taught. Secondly I would tell myself not to party as much. I loved to go to dances and festivals and spent too much time socializing when I should have focused more on my future. Lastly I would give the advice to take college preparation courses. I have been struggling a lot to choose a major and to know what I would be good at. By taking the college preparation courses I would have a better understanding of my skills and interests. I would be more focused on achieving an end result rather than wallowing in indecision.

Ahmed

My classmates have been some of the smartest kids i have ever been around. They are intelligent, mature, motivated, fun, but also they have great personalities.

I would tell myself that first of that life is full of suprises and one of those would be do your work. When you go to college, the work is non stop especially if your in writing courses. If you could promise me one thing you would try your best is don't ever do ALL nighter's and i'll tell you now from experience you will want to past out and not gonna wake up to take a mi-term test. Yes that did happen and i did get to make up that test and C+ yeah real nice for an all nighter. Another advice that i would tell myself would be if i make friends, you need to learn that their is an importance to your education because you have already worked your behind to get an oppurtunity to attend a really great school. Friends can wait but homework and projects can't and need to learn to create yourself a scheldule that would first get taken care of work and then set aside some time because their is nothing like the college experience and enjoy it while your in school but also call mom too.

The worst thing about my is that they may not run the food services for the student s but they haven't let the student perspective be taken into some consideration. I am a muslim for example this afternoon, I was going to get some food and i happened to go get the pasta dish they were serving. So i started to eat it but i noticed a second later their were Bacon bits i puked because on their display it said "Chilli Pasta" and what am i suppposed to do if im someone who doesn't eat pork products.

Fernando

my classmates were very layed back and easying going . aslo they know how to have fun and get there work done.

i think i would tell my self not to worry about the school work and be open to meet new people. aslo i would tell myself to fill out as many scholarships as possible because the cost for college is outraguos. dont be afraid to go to the professor if you do not total understand the material, they job is to help you. and dont worry about be homesick it s natural make as many friends there as you can to take your mind off home.

one of the most frustrating thing about my school was the food had no change. and the fact that we do not have wifi in the dorms but in all other areas of the campus.

Merrimack College is one of only 2 Augustinian Colleges in the United States. The other is Villanova. It has roughly 3000 students but has a 126 acre campus. The math and science departments are excellent and offer coops. Most of the other majors are good with job placement and have good reputations as well. As a smaller school Merrimack offers smaller class sizes and a more personalized educational experience.

If I were to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would give myself the advice that college is not what you would expect it to be. College is serious business and it takes a lot of hard work. I think that many students at the highschool level think that college will be a time of constant fun and excitement which is not always the case. Don't get me wrong there is a lot of great experiences and growth opportunities to be had at college but it is usually nothing like how it is portrayed in the movies. If I were to advise the highschool senior version of myself on the optimal way in which to manage and approach the college experience, I would say to primarily focus on the academic aspect of college and not worry so much about the social aspects as those naturally work out with time. You'll meet people in classes and in your dorms. The proper way to manage college is to foremost, get your work done, so that you may have quality stress free time in which you can relax and enjoy your college experience.

Anyone who is intersted in a more personal college experience. That is focused on academics and is interested in a good coop program.

Arianna

The friendliness of the people here, both the faculty and the students. Everyone is here to help each other. Professors are always available and so are fellow classmates. We have only 4 courses per semester, though 4 credits each.

I would tell myself that getting involved was the best decision I could have made and that I should have gotten involved once I stepped on campus. Also there are plently of people here who care and want me to succeed.

The best thing about my school is the people who are here. Everyone here is so nice and friendly. There is always someone to hang with or help with anything.

Sophie

When you attend Merrimack College you feel like your a community.

When you attend Merrimack College you feel like your a community.

I would tell myself to not be afraid to complain to my highschool principal that for two years we didn't have a math teacher and that I struggle now in college with that.

THe kind of person that is looking for a small religious school enviroment. If your not looking for large classes then Merrimack is your school. Everyone is friendly, and the professors are awesome. You will always have lasting friends:)

Merrimack College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.