Merrimack College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Merrimack College

Katelyn

I really enjoy Merrimack College overall. It is a beautiful campus with many great places closely near by! The professors are always available for helping students one on one and I have benefitted from that greatly! The campus life is incredible there truly is a community feel to it!

Jackie

Merrimack has a great community. I transferred as a sophomore and could not be happier with my choice. Your college experience is what you make of it, and Merrimack helps you create the best four years (or more). The community is made up of a diverse group of ethnicities and students interested in things from sports, to theater, to engineering. Whatever you like, you can find it here. Merrimack aims to challenge, empower, and enlighten their students and help them better themselves for the future.

Ali

Merrimack is like my other home. At first, I wasn't sure if I would like the college. Shortly after entering I felt like a part of the family. Everyone is nice and super involved. There are great sports to watch such as hockey. There are many clubs to be a part of. Everyone is proud to be a Warrior and I am too!

erica

Merrimack College definitely is not my dream school, but it isn't a total nightmare either. I am going to be a junior in the fall of 2017, and I feel as though I'm attending a whole new school compared to how it was when I started my freshman year. My GPA has gone up since the fall of 2015, so that's a plus. I think my biggest concern is that advisors aren't even involved in the students' lives. I met with my advisor in the fall of 2015 when I was a biology major, and I haven't seen him since. This spring 2017, I switched to psychology, and my advisor is very helpful, although I fear it is too late. My dream school was Miami University in Oxford, OH, and I got accepted but I didn't get enough financial aid, so Merrimack was my last choice basically. MC guaranteed the class of 2019 housing for all four years, and yet this year we got screwed. The school changed their mind and my class, the class of 2019, has last priority for housing two years in a row. Due to this, almost 1/3 of my class has transferred to different schools, which is very sad to see. In my opinion, Merrimack college has gone downhill since the start of my freshmen year. It is very unorganized and they only care about money.

Joshua

I genuinely feel like it is a place I can call home. Honestly, I find myself getting disappointed whenever I have to go home because I love being at school so much. It is my favorite place to be. I have met so many amazing people and I have acquired so many amazing opportunities and I am very grateful for them.

Kristin

AWFUL. To put it simply. I am a person who got into multiple schools and had a 4.5 gpa in high school with AP classes. I chose this school for the wrong reasons and it was the worst experience of my life. Freshman year my roommate put tape on the ground to divide the room and told me not to cross it. My other roommates transferred because they hated it. Sophomore year had roommate issues once again... and Junior year the worst! Roommate was absolutely crazy. Threatening me and screaming at me and going to crazy lengths because she is awful like the school itself... and I was the one who had to leave the dorm. Moved to a new room only to have my lululemon pants stolen. The dorms are awful. The food is awful. A lot of the people are awful. I don't even know how I lasted this long there. Will be glad to be graduated soon enough. Never looking back.

Casey

The rigor of a course greatly varies. The college pays more attention to sports than the arts. There is a lot of drinking on campus. The professors are very nice, helpful, and available. The food isn't very good. Always good landscaping. Usually very safe.

Vitoria

The campus is beautiful, many majors are offered and there are plenty of opportunities to get involved in. The friendships you make here will last a life time. The housing is not very good and the dining hall food is below standard. My over opinion of Merrimack is very good in that you will receive an excellent education.

Pedro

I started at Merrimack college in the fall of 2017. So far i have had an amazing experience on campus. I am there to learn and that is exactly what they are helping me achieve ! No matter what their faculty and staff are always there for you. Merrimack college is an overall a great school!

Brianna

ably like the campus a lot more .

susan

I will be a student in September, i am looking forward to my classes and my opinion of Merrimack is its a great school. I chose Merrimack because i liked their business and accounting program. I feel i will learn a great deal here and look forward to all the new experiences.

Brianna

Merrimack College is an upcoming, private university that I can forecast will continue to reach higher standards for its students. As of right now, the college has extremely underdeveloped environmental sustainability goals compared to other schools and national standards, and there is limited food options and housing on campus. Merrimack has plenty of room for improvement before they are truly competitive with other surrounding schools.

Taliah

Merrimack College has a lot of resources for students in and out of the classroom. One of the resources are iPads that are given to all incoming students that make it easier to take notes and stay on top of their assignments with the blackboard app. Another great resource is the writing and math center that provides assistance and several tutors some tailored towards specific classes.

Connor

Merrimack College was not my first choice for schools when I was picking, but as soon as I walked on campus I knew that this was my school. Everything about this school is perfect except for how strict they are and the food is pretty bad. Everything else is good though, class size is small, academics here in general are great, everyone is friendly, everything on campus is in walking distance, many opportunities for on campus jobs. End of the day the good heavily outweighs the bad and this is a great school.

Merrimack is a nice college if you don't want to go to a big size college. It's decent sized but everyone knows everyone and that makes us a very united community. That's what I like the most. Everyone is always willing to help. The campus is also very attractive and modern. When you wake up and look outside, you actually want to step outside and go to class. I like it and I'd recommend it

I feel that Merrimack College is the best choice for any student. I feel that everyone speaks with respect for all. I feel that Merrimack is a big family. We all want each other to do our absolute best and succeed. All staff wants all to do the best and does so by giving intriguing curriculum.

Lisa

There is a great environment there. Everyone is very kind and no matter where you go and who you know, there are small acts of kindness and respect like smiles and greetings. The staff here do care for their students, but students have to reach out first. Classes are generally challenging, but professors teach very well here.

Christian

As I had visited the college more, I loved it more and more and could not be happier with the decision I made to be a student here. The environment is very welcoming and comfortable, food is great, and faculty is very kind and can answer any questions I had.

Lucas

I have taken part in all Merrimack College has to offer. I am an third year honor student in Exercise Science. Academically I have been on Deans list and have been a member of student government and class Vice President. Intermural sports and radio hosting have given me the opportunities to be socially involved. I love this school and campus life. Holding a job as area building manager as well as living on campus has allowed me to see how Merrimack operates behind the scenes. I look forward to the remaining time I have here at Merrimack and to continuing my education as a Physicians Assistant.

Jay

If you are female Asian student, please don't study in Merrimack College. Merrimack College has a few international students. Some unethical and unrespecful male Asian students harass Asian female students. They are very lonely in the school. They never harass American female students. They focus on harassing Asian female students even if the school comes out and stop their behavior.

Joshua

I love the school and the campus. I struggled in my first semester getting acclimated, but I am happy to have stuck it out. They have a great resources available on campus to help guide you in the direction you need, especially in deciding a Major.

Doug

School and academics are OK...the people are what can make it a not-so-great experience. Yes, it’s respected in the area and you can get a good job coming out of here. Plus, if you are like me, and get a scholarship to go here— it beats going to a $70,000 private school from a financial perspective. The issue is socially the school is extremely cliquey and some of the students are frankly not very motivated. A lot of emotionally immature individuals caught up in similar drama you would see in high school. Lots of ppl transfer out...

Brooke

I think that Merrimack College is a great school if you are looking for somewhere that is a small school. Everybody knows everyone and the community there is really nice to have. I have no met a single faculty member that is not willing to help you be the best student that you can be. One of my favorite things about the campus is the academic success center. This is a service offered by the college to help students handle their work load and get organized Everyone there is super friendly! Club sports are a huge thing at our school and are so much fun.