Oakland, CA
Merritt College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Merritt College

Mayra

Merritt College is a good community college but it could improve its services like have access to going into a computer lab, more printing, have more clubs to join, put on more events. It could also work on making the financial aid counselors more accessible and have better communication. Last but not least have more vending machines or stores around campus.

I like Merritt. It’s very clean and the people on campus are very nice. The professors want to see everyone succeed but of course you have to put in the effort to get to where you wanna be. There’re numerous of clubs and great events. There’s also give out free fruits and veggies.

Jade

As apart of the Peralta College district composed of 4 community colleges, Merritt College has a beautiful Campus located in the Oakland Hills. Throughout my attendance there has been many upgrades to new architecture as well as new and improved online learning portals. Students who attend this college, tend to be focused with very few who do not seem as serious. Merritt College appears to accommodate all their students for a successful learning experience.

Damaso

A very good campus. It is up the hills with a variable climate. The class sizes are small. It’s easy to get help from teachers and they have office hours. If still in need of help, go to the student center where people are happy to help you out with any course.

Martin

Merritt is a really chill community college, there has not been anything dramatic happening from the 1 year I have been attending. Merritt has a lot of courses to take and they offer a good amount of certificate courses. There has not been a single person who has been rude nor mildly rude. Overall I give my school a 4.5/5.

Sonia

I really enjoy studying at Merritt College, the staff is very friendly and helpful, the teachers are dedicated and helpful as well. The campus is nice and well maintained. I think this is a nice campus, the environment is calm and quiet. I definitely recommend students to enroll here!

Gail

Variety. Diverse, great professors and classes beautiful scenery.

Where theit classes are and where the counselling department is.

That a placement test is required before admission.

Describe a typical weekend.

I never go to tje campus pn the weekend.

Nestled in the upper Oakland hills . Beautiful views.

Tell us about your professors.

My professor's are great full of knowledge and enthusiasm. Great roll models .

Describe your school to someone who's never heard of it.

DAY OF THE DEAD. Remembering the dead of love ones that have perished. PICTURES AND MEMORABLE OBJECTS ARE SET UP LIKE ALTERS for viewing.

The academics are standard.

Christina

My opinion on Merritt College is that, Merritt is my favorite Community college from the Peralta Colleges. At Merritt College I receive more help from instructors and counselors. There are also many majors as in Nursing, Early Childhood Education and more.

I would have to say The African American History group, because the put on a show every semester for African-American students and other students that are interested. There's music jewelry, and clothing straight from the mother land with drums and other instruments.

All the students I've come in contact with are extremely helpful and friendly. For courses that are tough for me, some of my classmates would recommend me to their study groups to help me do better in those course.

Raycil

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a senior, there would be three key points that I would share with myself. First, I would tell myself that discipline is the most important factor in a great college student. Training yourself to be able to sit and study; absorbing and comprehending material in order to always walk into class prepared. Second, I would tell myself to go the extra step. When you feel like you have studied enough or you have finished enough of a paper or assignment, take the extra step to re-review, take down more notes, or re-test yourself. Taking the extra step has helped me everytime. There is always something extra to cover. It is always better to over review than under review. Third, get in the habit of taking breaks. Don't overwhelm yourself. Take breaks, so you can lower stress, which will keep you clearheaded and focused. These three tips are the key to a great college student and are key characteristics that will also pay off in life.

The best thing about Merritt College is the diversity. A diverse campus allows students of many backgrounds to come together with comfort. Interpersonal communication is improved and we as growing adults learn to deal with others, professionally, personally and at a platonic level. Diversity gives each individual a sense of comfort in relating to, as well as reaching out to your fellow student.

Merritt College, in comparison to other colleges in the east bay area, has many instructors that specialize in the health profession preqrequisites. The instructors are knowledgeable and challenging, which leaves students, like myself, with a sense of accomplishment after having to work so hard. Hard work pays off and the knowledge that one learns from it will always be with you.

Phillecia

My school is actually home of the black panthers we have a student lounge dedicated to Heuy P Newton and Bobby Seale. We host alot of events that benefits the students of our school and also it helps in making our school seperated from the other sister colleges.

I would have been involved more I'm just now learning about upward bound and the type of benefits that come from that program as far as college goes. I would also done some scholarship hunting and researched the school I was yearning to attend. In high school my soul was hurt when the school library asked me what it was that I wanted to studey in school. I told her acting and she laughed as if it wasnt acceptable. She told me that I should look into something more realistic like nursing. This discouraged me for a long time and now I realize that it wasnt her descision to choose my future nor my schools it was mine so now I have this engraved within me and nobody could ever discourage me ever again.

My school is in an a area where alot of southern california schools aren't willing to travel and recruit prospective students because of location, and most of their scholrships are for students within their area, so being in this situation I have to hope for a spot in their school and come up with the funds to pay fo my education.

Merritt College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.