Mechanicsburg, PA
Messiah College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Messiah College

Tara

Tara, Stop listening to your high school teachers, friends' parents, and the nurses at the doctor's office. Where you choose to go to college is NOT the most important decision you will make. The college you choose will not determine whether or not you succeed in life. Those who view it that way do not understand the true value of college. College is not about a name that you get to flaunt on the back of your car for the rest of your life, it is about getting an experience that will surpass just four years of your life. Choose the school that will allow you to explore yourself, and your surroundings further. Choose the school that will challenge your beliefs and ways of thinking. Upon graduation, you will not remember all the information from every test you took throughout school, but you will remember the relationships you made and the experiences you had. Dare to pick the school that no one has heard of, if that is the school that will inspire and encourage you. College is what you make of it, don't expect it transform you without effort and a positive attitude.

If you are looking for an academic and personal challenge then this school is good for you. Messiah focuses on service opportunities and cross-cultural experiences. Messiah looks at the entire individual, not just academics. It is a great place to develop as an individual and learn more about yourself and what you want for your future

There is little diversity and not much social life. If you want the "typical" college experience (parties, late-nights, random hook-ups) this is absolutely not the place for you. It would be nice to be able to go to a party here and there. Other major schools are far away as well, like 2 hours to Temple, Bloomsburg, etc.

Andrew

Friendly, engaging, spirited

Friendly, engaging, spirited

Do not worry so much about the college decision. Look around, check out various colleges, but be open to selecting the place that feels best and then going from there. You don't have to know your major right away. You will make friends and form connections there, or you can fairly easily transfer schools. Take it seriously, but enjoy life!

The limited visitation hours and the lack of racial diversity

I would simply say to my younger self: do not compromise what you want for anyone else. I decided where I went to school simply because the school "looked good" to my friends, church members, high school teachers. I also knew it would please both of my parents. But because I made my college decision to make others happy, I ended up going to a school where I just coped and my heart wasn't fully in it. I knew that Messiah College was my school the moment I stepped on campus, and I never should have doubted my instinct. Just because others may not initially be impressed by my school's name, they will be impressed when I am able to tell them how much I enjoyed my education and how much I learned.

I wish that I had known what the campus looked like. It wasn't as well layed out as my previous school, so it was a little hard to get around at first and know all the short-cuts.

There is always something to do when you have free time! Messiah College is great about having fun (not lame) events throughout the week and weekends. Community is a big deal here, and by coordinating activities, they achieve a close community.

Dustin

I would have to tell myself to be more trusting and caring of others. I get to distracted by things that ultimately don't matter, I would tell myself to let things go.

Close-mindedness of students (not so much with the facualty). I have had problems with theft and destruction of property by some such students. Disaplinary practeces are also not always effective.

Usually has a very chill and laidback environment. Not much of any drug use, and most students are very commited to their faith. Very supportave environment (usually).

Hilary

My college experience is probably a little different than some. I did my first two years at a community college before transferring here to Messiah college. I wouldn't change anything about that, community college was a good choice for me, while going there I realized that my orignial major and plan was not the right one for me. So I hadn't wasted all of that time at Messiah College, just wasted some time there. I think it was a very smart move for me. I think I would start in high school to make better and more productive study habits that could continue on to college. I would also tell myself to go out and try new things and take whatever opportunities life throws at you, you never know which path you might go down in life. I would also tell myself to stay positive, life will through curve balls your way but it's important to be positive and accomplish everything you can to the best of your abilities. I am very happy at this point in my life and I wish I could go back and tell my high school self everything will be okay.

I love the atmosphere here it's a great place to be! It is a Christian college, and I love it, everyone is so open here with prayer and seeing how people really feel about themselves or issues. Messiah College has a great psychology program. All the professors are knowledgeable and helpful. They have a great faculty. I have a very large dorm and it's really nice. Also, we have a very pretty campus. Overall this is a great experience and I love it here.

Not a lot to complain about here. The only really frustrating thing is I wish the visiting hours for dorms were a little longer especially during the week it?s frustrating especially when working on group projects that you have to go somewhere else. Also, the food gets a little boring since it?s on a pretty regular schedule. Other than those two items I have nothing to complain about, I really like it here at Messiah!

A positive and unlifting environment for learning and personal growth.

A positive and unlifting environment for learning and personal growth.

Don't be nervous, but be excited. Get ready to work harder than you ever have, but also prepare to be rewarded in an incredible way.

I wish I had known what a fantastic place it was so that I would not have been as apprehensive.

Catherine

My school is unique because it's goal is to foster a sense of community. My school works hard to keep up with culture, but also to remember what God commands. It much more liberal and open-minded than other Christian schools.

To find the right college, the only advice I can give is visit! Visit! Visit! And, oh yeah, don't be afraid to ask questions. Don't just ask the tour guide (their job is to sell the school to you). Ask a regular student, specifically in the major you're interested in. Ask people in the dorms. See if there is a way to contact students through the school. Be proactive. Try your best to get a real picture of the school. As for making the most of your college experience, don't focus on just one thing like academics or your social life. This is the only time in your life you'll have this much freedom and this little responsibility. Try new things. Don't be afraid. Don't keep yourself in a box. You don't want to look back in 10 or 20 years and think, "I wish I did this or that". Try new things! Please! Oh yes, get out of the house. Become an adult. Mature. We don't want you to be the same person that walked into school...oh no, we don't.

The worst thing about my school is that it is in the middle of nowhere, not because it literally is (20 minutes from Harrisburg), but because there is little transportation anywhere. No many people, especially underclassmen, have cars and there is no public transportation. There are taxis...if you have the money for one. You could make some friends too...

Jordan

My classmates are very friendly and are looking out for each other most of the time.

When looking for the college that fits you best do not be afraid to explore your options. A lot of people like going where their friends go to college or stay close to home. This is not always a bad idea but do not forget that college is arguably the most important time of your life. A lot of times when people think about going to college, they think all about partying and having fun. It is good to have fun but make sure you work hard and put all that money you are putting into your education to good use. It is also good to find a college that fits your budget. For myself, I decided to choose Messiah College because I was able to play basketball there as well as have the money to pay for it. One last thought to keep in mind is that you want to choose a college that is strong in your field of study. By doing some research and looking at schools in-depth, you will be able to find the school for you and look to graduate with a wonderful job!

It is a very good atmosphere to belong to. People really care.

Nathan

Our soccer team is the best d-3 in the nation

Our soccer team is the best d-3 in the nation

The advice i would give to students is to take your time and look. There isn't as big of a rush as people try to say there is. If you get put under pressure, it makes it more likely you will regret your decision. So relax.... and take your time.

The campus is beautiful!

Sandra

Messiah College emphasizes the importance of community and making everyone feel welcome.

As a parent you need to encourage your kids in their junior year to atleast browse through colleges. As a student you need to make it a priority to have a list and be proactive in your search for colleges. I made the mistake of looking too late and running out of options and time. As a student you definitely need to visit the campus to get a good feel of it, you will get a gut feeling if it feels like home or you feel really insecure. I think to make the most of your college experience you need to step out of your comfort zone your first semester especially to make friends because most likely they will be the ones you stick with for the next three years.

Messiah College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.