Mechanicsburg, PA
Messiah College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Messiah College

Erin

I had the time of my life there, and I miss being a student at Messiah so much I still cry about it.

When I was a senior in high school, my mother and I went "college shopping"; she told me that I would just know when I was at the right school. I rolled my eyes and sighed, but when I stepped onto the campus of my Alma Mater, it just felt right. It was also very helpful for me to make a list of my top priorities in what I was looking for in a school. I'd rate each school based on those priorities, and then schedule visits. Once you know what kind of school you're really interested, stepping on campus is a fun and exciting experience that (at least for me) made the choice instinctual. Once you have chosen your school, try to take your gen-eds first - you never know when you might decide to change your major. Also, take advantage of studying abroad: It will change your life! As you get ready for that first semester, be prepared to work hard! College is a lot different from high school, so don't beat yourself up if you don't do as well as you thought. Overall, take EVERY opportunity you can and LIVE IT UP!

Someone with a lot of school spirit and a Christian background, that wants to grow in their faith and make really awesome friends. Someone who is willing to work hard in their classes and succeed.

Kawila

they are generally nice, and are generally intelligent. athletes and friends of athletes are usually the most popular studen...

they are generally nice, and are generally intelligent. athletes and friends of athletes are usually the most popular students.

it's small and intimate, and it provides a good education

Visit the campus and see what you think. talk to students about the campus climate, take a tour of the academic halls as well as the residential buildings. and make sure they have the major you'd like to work toward

Kaitlin

In the pursuit of the best school, make every possible effort to visit. My ultimate decision, even with all of the logistics in my mind, was based on how I felt when I was on campus. When I walked around the Messiah Campus, I immediately felt as if I belonged. As a college student, one should try to be as involved as possible- don't overbook your schedule with endless meetings and clubs, though. "Involved" as I define it means to invest oneself in things that will encourage personal, spiritual, social, intellectual, and physical growth. This could mean community service, joining a Bible study, playing rec sports, going to on-campus lectures, or just hanging out with a different group of people from time to time. The main thing: do not have any regrets. Learn and live as much as possible from and with those around you!

Since it's in a small town, Messiah seems a little bit removed from the world sometimes.

Messiah College is small, but vibrant community of really great students and faculty.

Instinct has a lot to do with looking for a college. Even though a school may seem to have everything you're looking for, visit it and pay attention to your reaction to small things. Don't settle. Once you find a school, remember that this is a fresh start- an opportunity to reinvent things yourself. Be open to change, don't be afraid of it, and find friends who encourage it. If at all possible, study abroad.

I brag about Messiah's study abroad opportunities, and their campus in Philadelphia. Also, my advisor has become a mentor of sorts, and made a huge impact in my life even after ive moved on to graduate school.

Tessa

Diverse, excited, and eager to learn.

Diverse, excited, and eager to learn.

A Balance of quality academics and athletics, and the focus on not just career but vocation.

Selecting a college is difficult. Finances, location, and quality of academics and the learning environment is abig list when considering a school. Give yourself options. Don't be set on only one school from the start-you could cut yourself off from a great opportunity that comes along. Go with your instincts. I was accepted to two good schools, both of which I liked very much, but when I accepted there was something that pulled and told me that 'this was it'. I have no regrets. How do you walk that fine line between acadamia and still having a life? Certainly giving your time to academics is important, but you also need time for the experience. College is a huge period of growth - not just academically. You will learn more about yourself as an individual outside of the classroom with peers and one-on-one interactions with staff and faculty than class could ever provide. Going for that 'A' is great!....but don't sell yourself short by hiding in your books. Embrace the experience. Find your passion and your vocation, and live it out.

Messiah is a christian college who is academically very good.

Messiah is a christian college who is academically very good.

There isn't much to do here on campus and there isn't very much around in the area. Plus there are visiting hours here, so you can't have the opposite sex in your room past midnight.

Alyssa

A wonderful Christian atmosphere where students get to discover themselves, through social, spiritual and academic activities...

Follow what your heart tells you and allow time to figure it out. When I started searching for the right college for me, I didn't even know Messiah existed. I also expected myself to go to a much larger school. After beginning my search however I discovered that I enjoyed the Christian atmosphere of a Christian school and found the small school much more inviting.

Being a part of gospel choir because I love singing and it allows me to be a part of a group and a part of my school.

Ryan

make sure you like the campus setting and the dorms. it helps to have an idea of what you want to study, but that is not always important.

i wish i had known how hard it was going to be acedemically. i was homeschooled all my life and that did not really prepare me for the college life. i think i would be doing much better if i had gone to school and knew how classes were set up and run. i have made the ajustment though and love college life!

someone who is willing to learn and grow. someone who works hard and likes pushing themselves hard.

Ryan

Apply to schools you normally wouldn't. You never know if you might change your mind, or how much money they might offer you.

Someone who can't take people with differing (and sometimes wrong) views should not attend here.

Kathryn

there were two different types of students... liberal, progressive thinkers who were like normal college kids and didnt fit in well at Messiah. and then there were the conservative, bible loving kinds that followed all the rules and played board games to have fun.

College truly is what you make of it. It is important to visit school and look for a good fit, but a flexible, excited student should be able to succeed at a number of school. Don't obsess over making the "perfect" choice: there's no such things as the "perfect" college. Find one with alot of things you like. The things you don't like, you'll find that you just deal with. The little details don't wind up being a big deal. The point of college is to get a good education; make that a priority. Yes, the social aspect of college is significant, but it shouldnt be the focus. Any college will offer a fun social setting more the mere fact that you get to meet tons of new people. Think about how much you can afford and DON'T dive head first into taking out tons of students loans. Youll regret it later when the bills start coming a month after you graduate!! Go with your gut. Trust yourself and know what kind of environment you need to succeed. Worst case scenario: you transfer! No big deal!

A conservative person who likes to follow rules. They shouldnt like to drink or do drugs because they are prohibited, even if youre 21.

Messiah College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.