Mechanicsburg, PA
Messiah College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Messiah College

Tatyana

My overall opinion of this school is that it's better than the school I almost went to.

Tell us about your professors.

The professors are nice. They are easy to go up to for questions or just to have lunch with.

The academics at the school are great. Students have been able to get jobs when they graduate.

The kind of person that should attend this school is someone not looking for a party scene.

Douglas

Messiah College is where people come together to care about other people.

Messiah College is where people come together to care about other people.

Hold on to any financial aid options made available to you.

The people. Messiah College is without a doubt the most amazing community of both faculty and staff I have ever been a part of. As an RA, it has been a blessing to work with such incredible individuals who care so much for both their education and others.

Victoria

The advice I would give myself would be to not be afraid to be myself. I think a lot of times, high schoolers think about college as a time in which they can reinvent themselves and become somebody completely different. I came into college thinking that I had to become someone who I simply was not. I thought that I had to give myself a whole new identity because that was what you did when you entered college. I was wrong. It's okay to want to be more confident, to make yourself step outside of your comfort zone. However, a complete and total change isn't neccessary. I'm really good at being me. I snort when I laugh and my jokes aren't always funny. I can say some stupid things sometimes and I can embarrass myself greatly at times. But I'm also a really kind, caring, intelligent woman and for me to change the snorting and the joking and the embarrassing would be for me to remove a part of me that makes me who I am. College is about discovering who you are,and embracing it, not giving it all up.

At Messiah, the atmosphere and close-knit community are the best things about the college. It's academics are oustanding and it's sport teams are phenomenal, but the Christ-centered community is really what seperates it from every other college. Messiah doesn't feel just like a college campus. It feels like home, and that is because of the way the employees and students interact with one another. It feels more like one large family unit than your typical college scene and I love this because it allows me to grow in every aspect of my life.

Before coming to Messiah, I wish I had known more about what to expect your first month of college. I wish I had better understood exactly how difficult it is to be completely on your own in a town five hours away from your family. I wish I had known that it's okay to have doubts the first month. It's okay to feel homesick and wonder if you made the right decision. Eventually, you make amazing friends and develop a routine. But I wish I had known and realized that this doesn't just happen overnight.

Madilyn

Messiah is full of kind, intelligent people who support you throughout your rigorous schoolwork.

By placing academics in a Christian perspective, you are able to see how studying is a way of glorifying God and focus your career towards His glory.

Trevor

College is not nearly as hard as they make it sound, but you have to be willing to work hard. Everyone you meet will have strengths and weakness, just like you, which means you need to be willing to be vulnerable and honest. As you explore education you will find friends who are more serious than others. Surround yourself with the friends who will inspire you on instead of holding you down. Honesty and humility are the best ways to learn. Many students are too cool to ask questions, but if you apply yourself now you will be better equipped for your future. I wish I would have worked harder at taking the higher level classes in high school. It would have helped me so much in my college classes now. There is more to education than getting good grades. The sooner you learn to accept the wrestling and struggling the greater your journey will be. Don't simply do what is necessary to get by, but plunge into the struggle and you will find greater joy on the other side. Look to Jesus for strength through this hard, exciting, and growing time in your life.

The profesors are very caring and compassionate, the equipment and labs are up to date, and the teaching is interactive.

Because it is a private college the tuition is very expensive compared to other schools.

Kiyetet

Messiah College is best known for its strong academic programs and successful interns.

Dearest Twelfth-Grade-Kiyetet, Here I am, a junior in college, giving you little pieces of advice to handle some hurdles transitioning into your first semester of college! Messiah College isn't your stereotypical university on TV. Although you'll be overwhelmed at first by the concentrated population of young adults, you'll soon get used to it and discover that it's actually quite small. Although you are an extremely social person, you'll need a lot of time to yourself to process things and breathe. Also, time management is very important. You tend to focus more on your social calendar, however you must remember how much your parents sacrificed for you. You are an ambitous young woman with a bright future, take advantage of all the resources Messiah College will place into your lap! Manage your time wisely! I cannot stress the importance of rest and sleep! Work ahead! Start gathering information for your projects ahead of time, and do everything with excellence! Ask for help often, don't be ashamed! Lastly, allow yourself some time to get accustomed to your future crazy hectic schedule. Get involved in organizations, but remember, once again, to "manage your time" wisely!

The only reasons someone might consider someting to be bad at Messiah College is if they have expectations of a culturally/racially diverse student population. The worst thing, however, at Messiah College is the fact that it is in the middle of nowhere, and therefore transportation is hard to come by.

Hi Sarah, I know you are fooling yourself and saying that you have time to work out your application process. You really don't. Start researching RIGHT NOW more schools and write down where you want to go. You want to go abroad, you want to live abroad, you want to study languages and cultures and ethnicities and topics of reconciliation and justice and peace and sustainability. You want to get the most out of your Environmental Science and Spanish classes now, because that will be the foundations of your future studies. You want to focus on community development and ethnic/racial tension and food security and accessibility. You want a college that won't crush you under it's massive student debt for the next 20 years of your life. You want to apply to every scholarship that you have the SLIGHTEST chance of winning, you want to pursue your passions, even if it does seem like a pipe dream. You want to yield to nothing in order to achieve your goals of making a lasting impact on the global, national and local community.You want to grow in mind body and spirit. You want to make a difference.

People who are not comfortable discussing and integrating the Christian faith into their everyday lives- through mandatory chapels (24/semester), bible studies, everyday interactions with faculty, students and staff, as well as Biblical references everywhere. You are not required to profess to be Christian to attend Messiah, but you have to agree to abide by their strict Community Covonent and attend Chapel. If you are Christian, but do not wish to discuss or incorporate your faith into daily activities (again, in and out of the classroom), then Messiah is not for you.

I am occasionally frustrated with the lack of diversity, ethnically, spiritually/religiously, and politically. The majority of students are solidly middle class white students with a Republican leaning. The campus provides an outlet for more liberally minded people, but the majority of students are very conservative. They also exaggerate the number of racially/ethnically diverse students on campus. I am occasionally also frustrated by students who act the innocent Christian angel, without acknowledging that they would ever, for example, swear, or wear a bikini- seemingly insignificant things that are frowned upon at Messiah.

Lissette

The couple times i've visited Messiah there's thing home-y feeling to it. They're very welcoming and the students are very friendly.

To my High School Senior self I'd tell; SAVE MONEY, SAVE MONEY, SAVE MONEY!! Stop going on Ebay and buying those random headbands and accessories that you barely use anyways and SAVE! College is expensive, even those $10 you can save will be helpful for something else. Arrange your sleep schedule, having to rely on your roommate to wake you up the first couple months is terrible, so arrange it now or over the summer but DO IT! Also, go to yard sales, you never know, they might have that mini fridge or keurig you're going to need for college for a bargain at what you would get at Walmart or Target. The main idea is SAVE MONEY! As much as you can because college is expensive!

Unless you live 250 miles away from Messiah, you can't have your car on campus

Madeline

Small class sizes and major interaction with professors.

Small class sizes and major interaction with professors.

Don't worry so much about making friends or losing those you love here at home. Everything will be okay. Nothing will change except for your love and affection for those you have left here at home. While you may not talk to them everyday or see them everytime you come home, when you do see each other, it will be like nothing has changed. Don't be afraid to jump into things whole heartedly. If it doesn't work out, don't worry. You will find a way to make something work. You have more talent than you think and you will rise to the occasion when you are asked. Don't stress too much. You will succeed as long as you have God on your side.

Messiah College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.