Mechanicsburg, PA
Messiah College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Messiah College

Messiah College

Messiah College is a wonderful college with plenty of opportunities and adventures available for all who come! They provide support for their students and the faculty is always willing to lend a helping hand where they can.

Erin
Messiah

Messiah

Messiah is a great school if you're into your education and not the typical American college party scene - I love it here, and the people are amazing.

Jen
Amazing Christian Culture with a Good Balance

Amazing Christian Culture with a Good Balance

Messiah College is a great school and has a better balance than other Christian schools such as Liberty. The rules are not as strict, but they are definitely present. You'll meet amazing people too!

Tatyana

My overall opinion of this school is that it's better than the school I almost went to.

Tell us about your professors.

The professors are nice. They are easy to go up to for questions or just to have lunch with.

The academics at the school are great. Students have been able to get jobs when they graduate.

The kind of person that should attend this school is someone not looking for a party scene.

Douglas

Messiah College is where people come together to care about other people.

Messiah College is where people come together to care about other people.

Hold on to any financial aid options made available to you.

The people. Messiah College is without a doubt the most amazing community of both faculty and staff I have ever been a part of. As an RA, it has been a blessing to work with such incredible individuals who care so much for both their education and others.

Victoria

The advice I would give myself would be to not be afraid to be myself. I think a lot of times, high schoolers think about college as a time in which they can reinvent themselves and become somebody completely different. I came into college thinking that I had to become someone who I simply was not. I thought that I had to give myself a whole new identity because that was what you did when you entered college. I was wrong. It's okay to want to be more confident, to make yourself step outside of your comfort zone. However, a complete and total change isn't neccessary. I'm really good at being me. I snort when I laugh and my jokes aren't always funny. I can say some stupid things sometimes and I can embarrass myself greatly at times. But I'm also a really kind, caring, intelligent woman and for me to change the snorting and the joking and the embarrassing would be for me to remove a part of me that makes me who I am. College is about discovering who you are,and embracing it, not giving it all up.

At Messiah, the atmosphere and close-knit community are the best things about the college. It's academics are oustanding and it's sport teams are phenomenal, but the Christ-centered community is really what seperates it from every other college. Messiah doesn't feel just like a college campus. It feels like home, and that is because of the way the employees and students interact with one another. It feels more like one large family unit than your typical college scene and I love this because it allows me to grow in every aspect of my life.

Before coming to Messiah, I wish I had known more about what to expect your first month of college. I wish I had better understood exactly how difficult it is to be completely on your own in a town five hours away from your family. I wish I had known that it's okay to have doubts the first month. It's okay to feel homesick and wonder if you made the right decision. Eventually, you make amazing friends and develop a routine. But I wish I had known and realized that this doesn't just happen overnight.

Madilyn

Messiah is full of kind, intelligent people who support you throughout your rigorous schoolwork.

By placing academics in a Christian perspective, you are able to see how studying is a way of glorifying God and focus your career towards His glory.

Trevor

College is not nearly as hard as they make it sound, but you have to be willing to work hard. Everyone you meet will have strengths and weakness, just like you, which means you need to be willing to be vulnerable and honest. As you explore education you will find friends who are more serious than others. Surround yourself with the friends who will inspire you on instead of holding you down. Honesty and humility are the best ways to learn. Many students are too cool to ask questions, but if you apply yourself now you will be better equipped for your future. I wish I would have worked harder at taking the higher level classes in high school. It would have helped me so much in my college classes now. There is more to education than getting good grades. The sooner you learn to accept the wrestling and struggling the greater your journey will be. Don't simply do what is necessary to get by, but plunge into the struggle and you will find greater joy on the other side. Look to Jesus for strength through this hard, exciting, and growing time in your life.

The profesors are very caring and compassionate, the equipment and labs are up to date, and the teaching is interactive.

Because it is a private college the tuition is very expensive compared to other schools.

Kiyetet

Messiah College is best known for its strong academic programs and successful interns.

Dearest Twelfth-Grade-Kiyetet, Here I am, a junior in college, giving you little pieces of advice to handle some hurdles transitioning into your first semester of college! Messiah College isn't your stereotypical university on TV. Although you'll be overwhelmed at first by the concentrated population of young adults, you'll soon get used to it and discover that it's actually quite small. Although you are an extremely social person, you'll need a lot of time to yourself to process things and breathe. Also, time management is very important. You tend to focus more on your social calendar, however you must remember how much your parents sacrificed for you. You are an ambitous young woman with a bright future, take advantage of all the resources Messiah College will place into your lap! Manage your time wisely! I cannot stress the importance of rest and sleep! Work ahead! Start gathering information for your projects ahead of time, and do everything with excellence! Ask for help often, don't be ashamed! Lastly, allow yourself some time to get accustomed to your future crazy hectic schedule. Get involved in organizations, but remember, once again, to "manage your time" wisely!

The only reasons someone might consider someting to be bad at Messiah College is if they have expectations of a culturally/racially diverse student population. The worst thing, however, at Messiah College is the fact that it is in the middle of nowhere, and therefore transportation is hard to come by.

Messiah College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.