Mechanicsburg, PA
Messiah College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Messiah College

Erica

There is a passion for life found in many students.

There is a passion for life found in many students.

Expect the unexpected! Take advantage of opportunities given to you. Don't hold back. When I went off to college I never ever ever in my wildest dreams expected to study abroad. When I got to college I realized that they had a study abroad program in Uganda. I had always wanted to go to Africa. I decided to look into the program, and decided to go. It was one of the best semester's of my life. I learned so much. I learned more about God, myself, other people, another culture, and another beautiful country. After I returned I became aware I could study abroad again. I went to Australia, and continued to learn and be challenged. While in Australia, I realized a semester in Jerusalem would fit into my schedule, and still allow me to graduate on time. I leave in 3 weeks. Being a Christian Ministries major, I cannot wait to be studying in the land of the Bible. These experiences have enhanced my education in unimaginable ways. Messiah makes these experiences possible in the sense that two of the programs didn't cost a cent more than it would cost sitting at Messiah College (airfare included)!!!!

The amazing study abroad program. Messiah College stongly emphasizes study abroad, and makes it very similar in cost to their own prices; therefore allowing many the opportunity. Their programs consistently rank highest in the nation. These experiences have greatly enhanced my knowledge of the world, and were the greatest college learning experiences of all.

Cait

When you're 18 and looking at Colleges, you think you have to have all the answers. In reality, no one knows when they are 18 who they will be 10 years from then. If you don't know what you want your major to be don't be stressed out. Don't choose a major just to pick something or because it promises wealth. I did that. I chose Nursing because I knew it was a stable career. Three years later I realized I didn't love it and couldn't be a Nurse the rest of my life. I could believe that after my junior year of college, and all that hard work I was switching majors. I could have graduated already but I chose to pursue what I loved, not what I felt was most secure. It's scary to get out there and plan your whole life, but you have time. It's never too late to change your mind. You are your own person and you choose who you will be today, tomorrow, and forever. Take your time and enjoy yourself. Everything else will fall in to place if you're following your heart.

Just about personal growth, I guess I wish I would have known that being your own person is important to growing up and becoming someone who will make an impact. Messiah really encourages you to be an individual. I wish I had known that it's okay to be different. Also, college, especially Messiah College, is academically challenging. Don't expect to just slide on through the courses. The professors are going to push you to do your very best. If you don't put in the work, you won't succeed.

Our food! It's not mom's cooking, no, but as far as college food goes, the food here is pretty tasty. I think I also brag about our sports teams. They win nationals like every year! Soccer games are so fun at Messiah even if you're not really a huge sports fan. Also, everyone is so nice here. There is definitely a wide range of interests on campus, but everyone is nice and willing to get to know you if you just try.

Christina

Messiah College is a Christian college and students must sign a community covenant...no drinking, homosexuality, etc...before attending.

I would most likely choose a different school, speak my mind, and not depend on my college to fix whatever problems I have somethings you just have to do yourself.

The most frustrating thing about Messiah College is the lack of things to do and how close-minded students are.

Maha

Study hard, don't put it to last minute. Learn to read the material before class and take notes fast.

Someone who wants to put their faith and education together.

Danelle

Messiah College is best known for its diversity among students and quality education with a focus on Christian Stewardship. Service to others is stressed daily and many opportunities are given for students to participate in serving others.

I would tell myself to enjoy every minute of college. Don't get hung up on high school and the memories you made during that time. There are new memories to be made, new people to meet, new friends to make. Don't go home so often during freshmen year. Instead, step out of your comfort zone and meet new people. Embrace the new experiences and don't be afraid to take chances. This only happens once in your life so go for it. If you receive a bad grade on a paper put it behind you and move forward. There are many more opportunities to excel in academics. It is not the end of the world if you get a C. Just keep going. Most importantly, enjoy it and live life with no regrets.

Messiah College is open to everyone, accepting of everyone, and has a diverse community. It is a Christian college so anyone who agrees with the Christian Faith and values can attend. It might be difficult for a non-Christian to go here because Christianity is rooted in everything and is at the core of the institution

Wendi

If I had the opportunity to go to school like I am now, back when I graduated high school I would of taken advantage of the great opportunities that are available. For all students graduating high school you should go for your dreams, educate yourself as much as you can, especially this day and time, make some goals for yourself and continue your education and dreams. Then you can live the life you want and deserve. Anything is POSSIBLE, So go for it!! You'll do great and love what you do if you REALLY want It.......... SO, set your goals and live your dreams!!! Your life is a blank wall, paint a beautiful picture!!!

Christina

Messiah is known mostly for its boy's soccer team.

Messiah is known mostly for its boy's soccer team.

If I walked into the doors of my high school, I can find her. She will be not among the crowd, but alone in the library reading a book or finishing her homework for a math class. I can see myself now. Stressed. Alone. Working hard for the future. If I could give her advice knowing what I know now about college, I would tell her to relax and notice life. I would tell her to remember her family and to not worry about who is the smartest person in class. I would tell her to socialize more and live outside of the library or science building. She needs to know that it is okay if her teacher does not remember her name. It is okay for her voice to be heard if she feels that something is not right. It is okay for her to be herself without worrying about the opinion of others. That it is okay if she is not the prettiest girl on campus. College is a place where you need to put yourself first and find your purpose. This is the best advice that I can give anyone, including myself.

Messiah College has some of the most geniune and caring professors who will become lifelong friends.

zach

First and foremost, I would tell myself to start filling out scholarship applications, and develop a habit of trying to save as amuch money as you can with your educatoin so that I will not have a large amount of student loans to repay when I graduate. Second I would tell myself to make sure you know when you can first choose your courses so that you can get your more desired classes chosen before they fill up. Another thing that I would tell myself would be to start a list of what textbooks you will neeed for your courses if possible, so that you/I can start shopping around to save money on the course texts. Another thing that I would tell myself to do is to anticipate a much heavier workload then highschool, and don't just think college is gonna be all fun and games. Allong with the last point, I would also enourage myself to make sure that I enjoy my classes and time at college, while I get the most from every oppurtunity possible because I am after all paying a large amount of money for these oppurtunities.

My first sememter at Messiah was rather rough and very stressful, but could have been much more enjoyable if I knew some things before I showed up to Messiah. One of the highest stress causing events for my first smester was the fact that at Messiah you need you rbooks whenever class first starts. I was told by my mother and brother that this wasn't the case, so i had to scramble and turn a few assignments in late because i wasn't prepared. I also wasn't expecting the high cost of books, so seek scholarships over summer.

Messiah College is a small private college with a beautiful campus, and various academically challenging programs that really deliver a superior education. Messiah is a school for students who really want to take their education serious and really want to build a foundation of knowledge for their future. If a person is looking for a large school where they won't be held accountable for their attendance and class performance then Messiah is not for them. Messiah also offers a very diverse study abroad program for students who want to get out and experience the world.

Kim

Trough attending college I have recieved a better education that is applicable and improves my life, setting me up for a succesful career. Some would say that is the point of college; but for me that is just the beginning of that I have gained. There are some practical skills I have gained since being in College. I've learned how to prioritize, study efficently, and budget. Also I've gained the much needed skills of doing laundry and cooking ramen noodles. However, more importantly, going away to college allowed me to experience what it is like to be on my own. It allowed me to question what I thought in a safe environment and as a result my beliefs and opinions have become my own, not just something I grew up with. Through college I have been exposed to different cultures and lifestyles; I have learned how to step out of my comfort zone. Also I've learned how to be flexible and meet people half way (you have to when you have roomates). Overall college has taught me how to love, respect, serve and live with others and how much nicer a community is when this happens.

The worst thing about Messiah is that there isn't very much diversity

A person who wants a large school, or to be in a place where there are lots of things to do off campus. Also anyone who does not have the basic foundational beliefs of Christianity like the college because you have to sign a statement of faith.

samantha

friendly, naive, don't understand the real world and live in a bubble, can't fend for themselves and are somewhat critical and hypocritical

I have learned alot about my field of interest and I changed my major so I learned even more. I am somewhat prepared for the real world and because of college, i look forward to further education and then employment in the area of interest i have been educated in.

not enough diversity, too much judging, cultural insensitivity

Messiah College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.