Mechanicsburg, PA
Messiah College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Messiah College

Kim

Trough attending college I have recieved a better education that is applicable and improves my life, setting me up for a succesful career. Some would say that is the point of college; but for me that is just the beginning of that I have gained. There are some practical skills I have gained since being in College. I've learned how to prioritize, study efficently, and budget. Also I've gained the much needed skills of doing laundry and cooking ramen noodles. However, more importantly, going away to college allowed me to experience what it is like to be on my own. It allowed me to question what I thought in a safe environment and as a result my beliefs and opinions have become my own, not just something I grew up with. Through college I have been exposed to different cultures and lifestyles; I have learned how to step out of my comfort zone. Also I've learned how to be flexible and meet people half way (you have to when you have roomates). Overall college has taught me how to love, respect, serve and live with others and how much nicer a community is when this happens.

The worst thing about Messiah is that there isn't very much diversity

A person who wants a large school, or to be in a place where there are lots of things to do off campus. Also anyone who does not have the basic foundational beliefs of Christianity like the college because you have to sign a statement of faith.

samantha

friendly, naive, don't understand the real world and live in a bubble, can't fend for themselves and are somewhat critical and hypocritical

I have learned alot about my field of interest and I changed my major so I learned even more. I am somewhat prepared for the real world and because of college, i look forward to further education and then employment in the area of interest i have been educated in.

not enough diversity, too much judging, cultural insensitivity

Joel

Messiah is a small, private Christian liberal arts college that is situated on a beautiful campus, is dedicated to raising Christian men and women, is known for its academic and athletic performance, and offers many opportunities for service, leadership, internships, and study abroad.

Messiah College has provided me with memories I will cherish for a lifetime, as well as a valuable eduation--not just academically, but also in areas of faith and personal growth. The faculty exemplify characteristics of leadership, and they genuinely care about the individuals in the classes they teach. I have become a more confident person, even to the point of developing leadership capabilities in overseeing teambuilding activities for sports teams, RAs, and incoming freshmen in areas like canoeing, high ropes courses, and rock climbing. I have also been challenged in my faith; though I attend a Christian school, there are many students who are atheists, and in taking the required courses in religion and philosophy, I have engaged in many challenging conversations and debates on the issues presented. In short, I have gained a greater appreciation for both my life and the lives of others in the past year, and I firmly believe that it could only have happened by attending Messiah College.

I wish I had known that the ratio of people who like the cafeteria food is split 50/50, that many (but definitely not all) of the student activities cost money to attend, and that I would love here as much as I do.

Ben

Messiah College is best known for being a small, liber arts, christian college. It has good sports teams. It's most well-known majors are nursing, art, and engineering.

So far in college I've been experienced many different amazing things. One great thing is my new feeling of independence. College is helping learn to do things by myself and it is really helping me in my life.

The atmosphere at Messiah is really great. Everyone here is very nice and the professors really care about how their students are doing.

Bethanie

I have gotten so much out of my time thus far at Messiah College. The best thing I have experienced was the people and their ability to welcome me. The attitude of almost everyone here makes a new student feel at home.

The worst thing about Messiah College is the knowledge of the students of the outside world. The students are unaware of what is going on in the outside world.

People who attend here should not want to party ever. They must be diligent in their work and have a passion for God.

Ella

There are many things that I have learned from my college experience so far, some things are just from being around other college students and mingling with others. I have learned to work with others and listen to others views from group work in some of my classes. I have also learned to be flexible with instructors and follow directions. One of the major things that I have learned through my college experience is self discipline and motivation. I have taken a few online classes throughout the semesters and learned that they are no joke! In all, I think the college experience has been a good influence and made me a well rounded person.

Dakotah

Messiah College is a great campus full of people who are caring and endearing and is also a campus that prides itself on its academics .

Since I have been at messiah, I have discovered many different opinions on situations that I never thought of before. I have made many great friends that have already proven to be there for me in hard times. I feel as though I have gotten valuble life experience from school, including learning how to live with a roomate ,since I haven't had a roomate since I roomed with my sister at the age of 5. Attending Messiah has been valuble to attend because it is "expanding my horizons" one can say, into fields of study I may have never considered before. I have found that being at school has created more of a sense of becoming more independant and learning how to handle issues on my own. I did not realize how heavily I relied on my parents until I came to school and they suddenly couldn't help me with a problem as easily, though they were willing to try. Overall I am glad that I chose to come to Messiah because it is constantly challenging me.

A person should not attend Messiah College if they are looking for a wild party every weekend.

Kyle

Friendly helpful individuals who want to succeed and want you to succeed as well.

I have learned that there is not one way to look at anything. Everything has multiple approaches. We can learn better if we open our minds and allow ourselves to realize there are other view points out there. It has been valuable to attend here because it has taught me to respect other people, to live in community with many different people that I might not have met otherwise, and it has taught me how to relate my calling with my future vocation. On top of all that I have made friends that will stay with me through my lifetime, including professors.

That they have a strong focus on their soccer team

Olivia

Messiah College is a huge community centered school. They encourage community values and lifestyles.

My college experience has helped me to be comfortable being myself. Through the relationships that I have made and the experiences that I have had I have been given the opportunity to flourish in my own skin. In high school I would have been characterized as a wall flower. In middle school I recieved votes for being the most shy in the year book survey. In college I was placed in a new environment where I was able to start fresh. As time went on I made friends that allowed me to joke, to laugh, and to enjoy myself instead of worrying what other people are thinking of me. In a cross cultural course I was able to live with two different Amish families for a week each. From this experience I realized that I can make friends that span cultural gaps. I also realized that there are endless possibilities for my life. Some of these are not expected. As I continue my journey through college I am growing, learning (about my major and myself), and enjoying the few short years that I am a college student.

The Christian atmosphere at the school is very encouraging and welcoming.

Messiah College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.