Mechanicsburg, PA
Messiah College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Messiah College

Bethanie

I have gotten so much out of my time thus far at Messiah College. The best thing I have experienced was the people and their ability to welcome me. The attitude of almost everyone here makes a new student feel at home.

The worst thing about Messiah College is the knowledge of the students of the outside world. The students are unaware of what is going on in the outside world.

People who attend here should not want to party ever. They must be diligent in their work and have a passion for God.

Ella

There are many things that I have learned from my college experience so far, some things are just from being around other college students and mingling with others. I have learned to work with others and listen to others views from group work in some of my classes. I have also learned to be flexible with instructors and follow directions. One of the major things that I have learned through my college experience is self discipline and motivation. I have taken a few online classes throughout the semesters and learned that they are no joke! In all, I think the college experience has been a good influence and made me a well rounded person.

Dakotah

Messiah College is a great campus full of people who are caring and endearing and is also a campus that prides itself on its academics .

Since I have been at messiah, I have discovered many different opinions on situations that I never thought of before. I have made many great friends that have already proven to be there for me in hard times. I feel as though I have gotten valuble life experience from school, including learning how to live with a roomate ,since I haven't had a roomate since I roomed with my sister at the age of 5. Attending Messiah has been valuble to attend because it is "expanding my horizons" one can say, into fields of study I may have never considered before. I have found that being at school has created more of a sense of becoming more independant and learning how to handle issues on my own. I did not realize how heavily I relied on my parents until I came to school and they suddenly couldn't help me with a problem as easily, though they were willing to try. Overall I am glad that I chose to come to Messiah because it is constantly challenging me.

A person should not attend Messiah College if they are looking for a wild party every weekend.

Kyle

Friendly helpful individuals who want to succeed and want you to succeed as well.

I have learned that there is not one way to look at anything. Everything has multiple approaches. We can learn better if we open our minds and allow ourselves to realize there are other view points out there. It has been valuable to attend here because it has taught me to respect other people, to live in community with many different people that I might not have met otherwise, and it has taught me how to relate my calling with my future vocation. On top of all that I have made friends that will stay with me through my lifetime, including professors.

That they have a strong focus on their soccer team

Olivia

Messiah College is a huge community centered school. They encourage community values and lifestyles.

My college experience has helped me to be comfortable being myself. Through the relationships that I have made and the experiences that I have had I have been given the opportunity to flourish in my own skin. In high school I would have been characterized as a wall flower. In middle school I recieved votes for being the most shy in the year book survey. In college I was placed in a new environment where I was able to start fresh. As time went on I made friends that allowed me to joke, to laugh, and to enjoy myself instead of worrying what other people are thinking of me. In a cross cultural course I was able to live with two different Amish families for a week each. From this experience I realized that I can make friends that span cultural gaps. I also realized that there are endless possibilities for my life. Some of these are not expected. As I continue my journey through college I am growing, learning (about my major and myself), and enjoying the few short years that I am a college student.

The Christian atmosphere at the school is very encouraging and welcoming.

Kimberly

Messiah is a loving campus, from administrators who learn your name even before you are accepted, to faculty who truly want you to succeed, to life-long friends you make in your residence, your activities, and your classes, where Christ rules preeminent.

Not only has Messiah provided me with an excellent education, but it has also demonstrated life lessons. Since Messiah is a Christian College, I have learned to incorporate my religion, my love of Christ, and my duties as a Christian into my daily activities. Simply 'going to church' is a more important part of my life now, but faith has also flooded into every aspect of my life, such as extra-curricular activities, the classroom, and friendships. So far at college, I have discovered how insecure in my faith I am, but that if I ever want to grow in that security, that Messiah is filled with the exact right people to help me do so. On a bigger level, I have become more self-aware, in how I view others, how I am viewed by others, and how I treat others. Messiah, and college life in general, has made me a more independent person, while completely trusting that I have people to lean on to help me through when needed. But, because Messiah is a Christian campus with few distractions and temptations of secular campuses, I have grown , and am growing, into a mature person who makes smart decisions.

Honestly, the worst part of Messiah is parking. There is plenty for anyone who wants to visit and bring her friends, with room to spare. But, the few close and convenient spaces are reserved for visitors or faculty, and the large parking lots for students are on the edges of campus, never close to the building you need. Seniors are the only lucky ones who can park close to their residences. However, the campus is small, so a long walk on this campus is still a lot shorter than walks you might take on other campuses.

My classmates are mostly christian, relatively laid back, and surprisingly mixed for a christian college in that they still break the law sometimes, go to prayer meetings, are gay, atheists, typical bible-thumpers, and average.

College has been the most amazing and interesting part of my life to date. I've learned what I've come to learn in my area of interest, psychology and so much more in other areas I'd never considered before college. I was given the resources to learn more than the professors had time to teach and the opportunity to find friends who thought like me and very differently than me. In some ways, college taught me about myself and how to find out who I want to grow to be. I was able to debate with friends on a myriad of issues and grow intellectually, spiritually, emotionally, and socially. I've not only gained knowledge, but wisdom as well. Had I gone straight into the work force, I never would have grown this much in all these ways or been able to accumulate the knowledge in the field of psychology that I did. I would never have been able to reach my dreams and help youth with mental disorders.

The drinking policy is really insane, with a three strikes, your suspended, rule, but at the same time, the alcohol and drugs can be found if you really want to make that happen.

Harmony

Messiah College is unique in that it encourages its students spiritually and emotionally in addition to academically. I have never felt so welcome in one setting before. The faculty members honestly care about us students and they do more than just lecture. They inspire us to make a difference in the world. The majority of students on campus are compassionate and have a great interest in serving the community through volunteer service. Many students also study abroad because they have a heart for the world. Messiah campus is unique because it dares to be more than the norm.

What makes a college experience valuable? The answer lies beyond academics. At Messiah College, student life is not just about learning. It's about relationships. From the very first week of school, we are encouraged to come together as a community, extending grace to one another. This gracious love is experienced all over campus. In classes, our professors are eager to help us grow academically as well as spiritually. The classrooms at Messiah are safe settings where students can voice their opinions without fear of judgment. Professors take the time outside of class to help us with our studies or just talk. With a heart to serve, many students on campus take advantage of the abundant opportunities to volunteer in the surrounding community or study abroad. Together we learn how much of a difference we can make in the world. Messiah has fueled my passion for learning and serving. I?ve been able to call Messiah my home for a year now, and in that year, Messiah has transformed me. Messiah has taught me to live my life to the fullest, and that is why I plan to stay at Messiah for as long as I can.

Messiah campus is quiet and relaxed. Anyone who needs to be in a louder or busier setting might feel better at a college in the city...though, Messiah has a Philidelphia campus too. Messiah has a strict policy in relation to alcohol and drugs, so those who enjoy a drink even now and then should consider attending a different college. Our soccer team is recognized for not drinking while other teams from other colleges grab a drink after a game. Basically, Messiah is not a great place for anyone who plans to party when they get to college.

The opportunties and people from my college years outweigh any other advantage I've had from my education experience. As a college student, I was introduced to quite a diverse spectrum of individuals, of whom I've gleaned knowledge and understanding and have all impacted me in my transformation into adulthood and who I am now. Whether to a major outlook shift or a passing thought, whether I am still in contact with them now or no longer remember their names, there are very few people who haven't made an impression on me. And I hold my college directly responsible. I only would have been able to encounter them due to the open doors that college life presented me. I took classes that I would never had dreamed of while in high school. Professors and other students introduced ideas that forced me to think and consider myself and my stances. I was challenged to particpate in social service activities such as a spring break trip to Toranto to learn about urban homelessness and another time as a Special Olympics volunteer. I lived with a Guatemalan host family and struggled with language barriers. I wouldn't be me without college.

The opportunities and connections that Messiah has are among the best things. I was able to study abroad in Guatemala for a semester as well as spend 2 semesters at Temple University, all within my normal tuition costs. I was able to experience college in a rural/suburban setting, an international setting, and an urban setting and learn/interact with different types of people in those settings as well. In addition, there are many short term trips that one can participate in, over spring/fall break, J-term, or May term. There's a lot of opportunities available to everyone.

All types of people come to Messiah and you can usually find your niche somewhere, no matter your interests or beliefs. It does help if you are a Christian, or at least tolerant of Christianity, as it is a Christian college. While it isn't as strict as most Christian colleges, there are significantly more rules and higher expectations than a typical college, private or public. There is a no drinking policy as well as visitation hours only certain days in the dorms between the opposite sexes. It is also a rather tough school. You'll earn your grades here.

I have gotten an interactive life from my college expirience. Before I attended college I did not go out of my way to talk to people or do many things.Now I know that I want a career in Psychology so that I can be around people, helping them the best way I know how. Being in college has taught me to enjoy life and find a career that makes you happy, otherwise life will not be fun.

Messiah College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.