Messiah College

« See more reviews of Messiah College

Students need to be aware that its difficult, but that it is a life change that is worth it. Choosing a college is hard, but you need to pick one that you love. If you find yourself hating your school, you should pick a new one. You also have to be careful to not give in to the temptations of college. You are there to focus on your studies so that you can have a career. Students should also get involved in as much as they can handle in order to make friends and learn new skills.

I would definitely suggest doing an overnight stay at the college and definitely visiting a couple of times. It's hard to see what a college is like after just one visit, and without talking to a current student. If you're not in love with your college, transfering isn't a huge deal. I have quite a few friends who transfered and it turned out to be a good decision for them. DON'T chose a college just because your best friend or boyfriend are going!

Don't go to a school just because you have friends going there. What's best for them may not be best for you. Instead, choose a school based on your own preferences and interests. Even though your choice of college plays a big role in your future, don't forget to have fun in the process. Go somewhere that you will feel comfortable. When you visit a campus you'll feel a sense of belonging & you'll know that's where you belong.

Instinct has a lot to do with looking for a college. Even though a school may seem to have everything you're looking for, visit it and pay attention to your reaction to small things. Don't settle. Once you find a school, remember that this is a fresh start- an opportunity to reinvent things yourself. Be open to change, don't be afraid of it, and find friends who encourage it. If at all possible, study abroad.

I have gotten an interactive life from my college expirience. Before I attended college I did not go out of my way to talk to people or do many things.Now I know that I want a career in Psychology so that I can be around people, helping them the best way I know how. Being in college has taught me to enjoy life and find a career that makes you happy, otherwise life will not be fun.

Never believe that you already know the answer. It's easy to get fired up and form an opinion once you encounter that first liberal professor. Sit back and take everything in. Listen before speaking. You can't have an open mind without seriously considering another viewpoint and then reflecting on your own. A degree will get you a career, but an open mind will take you places.

Follow what your heart tells you and allow time to figure it out. When I started searching for the right college for me, I didn't even know Messiah existed. I also expected myself to go to a much larger school. After beginning my search however I discovered that I enjoyed the Christian atmosphere of a Christian school and found the small school much more inviting.

I suggest that you find a college where you feel comfortable. Also, in your first year, make connections with other students, freshmen and upperclassmen alike. Meet the faculty of the school during your decision process. There is a fit for you somewhere, you just have to be the one to find it (not your mother or father or other family member or friend).

Do not worry so much about the college decision. Look around, check out various colleges, but be open to selecting the place that feels best and then going from there. You don't have to know your major right away. You will make friends and form connections there, or you can fairly easily transfer schools. Take it seriously, but enjoy life!

For the most part, you'll do fairly well in college. The only real advice that I have for you is to get involved in a club as soon as you can, even if you have to start one yourself, and ask around to see if you can find a church that you like. Also, you might want to try just being part of a small group before taking a leadership role.