Messiah College

« See more reviews of Messiah College

While money shouldn't be the key factor in one's decision, it should be an important one. Once you're at college, make the most of the opportunity. You'll never experience another one quite like it. Be careful with the cafeteria food. Just because it's served buffet style, doesn't mean you need to "eat our money's worth."

If I could go back and talk to myself, I would tell myself to learn how to study and apply myself more. College is much more difficult than high school and requires one to apply themselves much more. I would also tell myself to make better use of resources available to help students learn the class material.

Do not worry about making your life-long friends right away. You will end up meeting them eventually, for the some of the students you meet right away may not be around in a few semesters. Work hard, play hard, and love your neighbor, but most of all, love and trust God fully.

I have learned alot about my field of interest and I changed my major so I learned even more. I am somewhat prepared for the real world and because of college, i look forward to further education and then employment in the area of interest i have been educated in.

The advice i would give to students is to take your time and look. There isn't as big of a rush as people try to say there is. If you get put under pressure, it makes it more likely you will regret your decision. So relax.... and take your time.

Make sure you have an idea of what you want to get out of college before you go. Maybe taking a year off or going to community college is a better idea to find yourself and figure out what you want to do with your future.

Most colleges have good proffs, most colleges have good programs and facilites... talk to the students about their own social experience and see if that fits, because really you want to make sure you can make friends here.

I have gotten so much out of my time thus far at Messiah College. The best thing I have experienced was the people and their ability to welcome me. The attitude of almost everyone here makes a new student feel at home.

Visit the campus and see what you think. talk to students about the campus climate, take a tour of the academic halls as well as the residential buildings. and make sure they have the major you'd like to work toward

So far in college I've been experienced many different amazing things. One great thing is my new feeling of independence. College is helping learn to do things by myself and it is really helping me in my life.