Messiah College

« See more reviews of Messiah College

Students: Visiting your potential schools is important - it'll give you a good feel for what the student body is like. Don't worry too much about what you think you'll be doing after you graduate -- you've got two or four years ahead of you and LOTS will change in regards to who you are and the direction you want to go in life by the time you're looking for jobs. Also, keep in mind that you will have to pay back those loans! If you're thinking about grad. school, remember that it's better to go to a big-name school for graduate studies than for your undergrad. work. Above all else, trust your instincts and do what feels right for you, regardless of what other people are doing or saying. Parents: Trust your children! They know their gifts and talents -- let them decide what school is best for them! Your role as a supportive parent is crucial at this time in life. Just keep being there for them, lending support and advice when they need it. Good luck! And have fun these next years. :)

Make the choice based on the best place to learn, not on money. If money is an issue, try a community college for a year or two. It's worth the extra debt if you are willing to try hard and learn. If you're not truly going to learn as much as you can, don't bother going to an expensive school (perhaps don't bother going at all). Make the most out of your college experience. Choose the college that you know you will love and be proud of. Choose an institution where you will be challenged to grow into the person you want to be. You might end up growing into someone you never thought you could be, someone more spectacular than you imagined. Reach for your goals, and don't make decisions based on everyone else. Do what you think is best for you. If a college doesn't feel right, don't try to force it. Challenge yourself and set reasonable goals. Don't be afraid to ask for help. The best way to learn something is to teach it to someone else. Finally, have confidence in yourself.

College truly is what you make of it. It is important to visit school and look for a good fit, but a flexible, excited student should be able to succeed at a number of school. Don't obsess over making the "perfect" choice: there's no such things as the "perfect" college. Find one with alot of things you like. The things you don't like, you'll find that you just deal with. The little details don't wind up being a big deal. The point of college is to get a good education; make that a priority. Yes, the social aspect of college is significant, but it shouldnt be the focus. Any college will offer a fun social setting more the mere fact that you get to meet tons of new people. Think about how much you can afford and DON'T dive head first into taking out tons of students loans. Youll regret it later when the bills start coming a month after you graduate!! Go with your gut. Trust yourself and know what kind of environment you need to succeed. Worst case scenario: you transfer! No big deal!

Dear Rosette, it's almost the end of a chapter of your life and now you're preparing for the next chapter in your life. You must know that life is not easy and that you'll face different challenges and you'll win battle, but one thing to remember is that you are the one who decide who you want to become. You're the one living your life and making it worst or better. So take time to know exactly what you want to do and don't be afraid to say that you've failed and ready to make a change. Don't be afraid to go back to ground zero and start all over. It's better to finish the race last doing it the right way then finishing first and not doing everything correctly to be disqualified in the end. I know that you're an over achieve, do things the right way and on time, but you have to learn how to balance your social life, school and family. You spend so much time doing school work and sometimes you complain of not having a social life. Take every opportunity you have and enjoy.

When you're 18 and looking at Colleges, you think you have to have all the answers. In reality, no one knows when they are 18 who they will be 10 years from then. If you don't know what you want your major to be don't be stressed out. Don't choose a major just to pick something or because it promises wealth. I did that. I chose Nursing because I knew it was a stable career. Three years later I realized I didn't love it and couldn't be a Nurse the rest of my life. I could believe that after my junior year of college, and all that hard work I was switching majors. I could have graduated already but I chose to pursue what I loved, not what I felt was most secure. It's scary to get out there and plan your whole life, but you have time. It's never too late to change your mind. You are your own person and you choose who you will be today, tomorrow, and forever. Take your time and enjoy yourself. Everything else will fall in to place if you're following your heart.

If I walked into the doors of my high school, I can find her. She will be not among the crowd, but alone in the library reading a book or finishing her homework for a math class. I can see myself now. Stressed. Alone. Working hard for the future. If I could give her advice knowing what I know now about college, I would tell her to relax and notice life. I would tell her to remember her family and to not worry about who is the smartest person in class. I would tell her to socialize more and live outside of the library or science building. She needs to know that it is okay if her teacher does not remember her name. It is okay for her voice to be heard if she feels that something is not right. It is okay for her to be herself without worrying about the opinion of others. That it is okay if she is not the prettiest girl on campus. College is a place where you need to put yourself first and find your purpose. This is the best advice that I can give anyone, including myself.

Parents and students should know that happiness is the number one important factor about choosing the right college. The academics could be award-winning, but if the student is not content with the current situation, then the true college experience is lost. The college might be a little pricey, but if the student is enjoying himself or herself while obtaining a good education, then the price is certainly worth it. There is definitely more to college than the classroom; this is where socializing, extra-curricular activities, and perhaps a job could help the student enjoy those hours outside of the lecture hall. Make a solid group of friends who will stick by the student at all times. Lastly, know that there are always second chances. Perhaps the first college is not what the student is looking for--that's ok! Switching colleges is always a possibility. It is only when the student finds true happiness will he or she obtain the true college experience.

When selecting a college, look for what suits you the best. Make sure it has the major you want and it will prepare you properly for the "real world". Consider the size and location of it - is it somewhere that you would fit in and enjoy? Do you feel like you are at home when you are on campus? To make the most of your college experience once you're there, do what you love. Find the activities that interest you. Seek out people that enjoy the same things. Take classes that teach you want you actually want to learn. Build relationships with friends, roommates, professors, and outside community members. Get plugged in at a local church or volunteer in a local organization. People say that college is the best time of your life. Don't let it slip by and not make it a memorable few years. It goes by quickly, so enjoy it while it lasts. Be safe , but don't forget to have fun and be a little spontaneous sometimes. You only have one life to live. Carpe diem.

I believe the most important aspect of the college selection process is an overnight visit. You need to be able to see yourself attending the college, grabbing a snack at the student union, studying in a corner of the library, and relaxing in a floor lounge. If you feel comfortable with the environment, with the other students and the professors, then you just know if you belong at a particular school. Once you choose your college, develop a healthy sense of pride in your institution. Buy a couple sweatshirts, attend the sporting events, and volunteer in local ministries. Play a sport - whether varsity or recreational, play a musical instrument - whether it be the electric guitar or the recorder. Be a friendly face on your floor; when in your room, always leave your door open and remember to keep a jar of candy on your desk for sharing with visitors. Becoming an integral part of your campus is the best way to enhance your college experience.

When looking for the college that fits you best do not be afraid to explore your options. A lot of people like going where their friends go to college or stay close to home. This is not always a bad idea but do not forget that college is arguably the most important time of your life. A lot of times when people think about going to college, they think all about partying and having fun. It is good to have fun but make sure you work hard and put all that money you are putting into your education to good use. It is also good to find a college that fits your budget. For myself, I decided to choose Messiah College because I was able to play basketball there as well as have the money to pay for it. One last thought to keep in mind is that you want to choose a college that is strong in your field of study. By doing some research and looking at schools in-depth, you will be able to find the school for you and look to graduate with a wonderful job!