Messiah College

« See more reviews of Messiah College

You really need to find a good mix of academics and social life. If you are challenged in your academics but lack in social interaction, you will feel stressed out, but if you focus too much on social life than academics, then you will not excel in your career. School is an opportunity to try new things, to test your boundaries and realize new interests... Diversity is the key, because it helps you discover who you are as a person, and what you need to pursue your dreams. Find a college that feels right when you visit, that you know you will feel comfortable hanging out on campus but also that you know will not distract you from studying.

There are many things that I have learned from my college experience so far, some things are just from being around other college students and mingling with others. I have learned to work with others and listen to others views from group work in some of my classes. I have also learned to be flexible with instructors and follow directions. One of the major things that I have learned through my college experience is self discipline and motivation. I have taken a few online classes throughout the semesters and learned that they are no joke! In all, I think the college experience has been a good influence and made me a well rounded person.

Don't worry so much about making friends or losing those you love here at home. Everything will be okay. Nothing will change except for your love and affection for those you have left here at home. While you may not talk to them everyday or see them everytime you come home, when you do see each other, it will be like nothing has changed. Don't be afraid to jump into things whole heartedly. If it doesn't work out, don't worry. You will find a way to make something work. You have more talent than you think and you will rise to the occasion when you are asked. Don't stress too much. You will succeed as long as you have God on your side.

If I had the opportunity to go to school like I am now, back when I graduated high school I would of taken advantage of the great opportunities that are available. For all students graduating high school you should go for your dreams, educate yourself as much as you can, especially this day and time, make some goals for yourself and continue your education and dreams. Then you can live the life you want and deserve. Anything is POSSIBLE, So go for it!! You'll do great and love what you do if you REALLY want It.......... SO, set your goals and live your dreams!!! Your life is a blank wall, paint a beautiful picture!!!

Find a college you like, you are going to be spending four years there! But also SERIOUSLY take into consideration the finances, I think that if I could have done it over I would have done a 2-year college and then transfered. I didn't know much about loans and didn't have a good idea of money. I wish I had. Other than that, don't take yourself too seriously. So many people I know have changed their major more than once. College is the time to discover yourself- your likes, dislikes, talents, and challenges. Know that the emotions, fears, anxieties, and excitements you feel are totally normal! Embrace them!

I wouldn't give myself any advice. The point of life I was at at that time and my general situation were what influenced me to pick Messiah College. As with all institutions, there will we nit-picky things wrong, but overall this is the perfect place for me. The only issue is how expensive it is, though it is a great education. I am growing a great amount as an individual and a social worker, complete with field experience at this early time, and would not have it any other way. Why have regrets anyway? If I wanted change I would certainly seek it. Thanks for reading.

The first and most important piece of advice I would give myself is to be more outgoing! The first month or so, as a college freshmen, everyone is looking to make friends. If you do not introduce yourself in the beginning, things may become awkward. Even if you are a shy person, try stepping out of your comfort zone. Hang out with your roommates, talk to the people on your floor and the people you sit near in class. College is the best time to talk with people your own age and experience new things. Do not be afraid, because everyone is a little nervous.

The best advice I could give would be to visit the schools that you are thinking about attending and if possible stay with and talk to actual students who are attending the school. Make certain that the school you are considering is strong in whatever area you want to study and if you are uncertain then try a liberal arts school that has a lot of options and is not adverse to students trying different things. Also, don't give up on a school because it seems to be expensive; their is financial aid available if you are willing to search and work for it.

I have learned that there is not one way to look at anything. Everything has multiple approaches. We can learn better if we open our minds and allow ourselves to realize there are other view points out there. It has been valuable to attend here because it has taught me to respect other people, to live in community with many different people that I might not have met otherwise, and it has taught me how to relate my calling with my future vocation. On top of all that I have made friends that will stay with me through my lifetime, including professors.

Definitely prayer is an important thing to use. Look at a large variety of schools, and see what seems to fit best with your own personality. Sometimes you're right, and other times you're wrong. Belonging to a school that has a similar faith to the one that you practice is very helpful. It allows students and faculty to help and understand each other since we experience and struggle with the same things in life. Remember to let God have a role in the decision making and he will bless you.