Fayetteville, NC
Methodist University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Methodist University

Joshua

Methodist University was an awesome place to visit. The delivery and approach were awesome. The staff was very professional and they really sold the university. I am in the process of trying to attend this amazing university that offers my major and really offer a way for me to succeed in my first year.

Brook

I love Methodist University and believe everyone should apply and visit before making their college decision. MU offers so much and is a very well rounded university. There are always many options for food and housing if very good! Activities are never ending on campus and if you don't have anything to do it is because you haven't looked for something to do! Methodist gets an A+ from me!

James

It's a pretty good school. I really like it. I can really see myself leaving here with the skills needed to make name for myself in the world. Really enjoy working on my radio show here, and I hope people like the music I put on the air for them to hear.

Methodist University is essentially a home away from home for most students. At MU, we have a close-knit community. The people who enjoy their MU Journey the most are those who get involved. We have a large international program and countless groups ready for you to join! Fraternity and Sorority life is a big thing at Methodist. MU is home!

Harriet

There are no on campus parties whatsoever. Obviously academics is important, but people need a damn break from studying and doing homework. There is absolutely no sort of recreational enjoyment on this campus except for the Student Center, which stays empty most of the time. RA's are biased and messy as hell, would rather preserve their friendships/FWB set ups with residents than actually do their jobs, financial aid is a mess. This school costs $40,000/yr but you sure as hell wouldn't know it just by looking at the overall quality of this campus. The police/maintenance men don't care to do their jobs. There's just an overall air of laziness/"I don't give a fuck" attitude on this campus. The students are messy. There's an ambulance here every other day for someone who's gotten drunk and passed out. Nobody here will want to associate with you because of their "I attend an expensive school so I must have money" attitude. Harassment is off the charts. It happens within the dorms, the cafe, the hallways, and the parking lot. Someone's car hood was purposely smashed in. The administration won't do anything to help you, so don't bother. Just head straight to the Fayetteville Police. If you want to be safe in college, don't come here. There was an armed robber on campus before and not much was done to catch him. Just stay away and pick a less expensive school, I guarantee you'll get the same quality of academics but at a lower price, and without the hassle of dealing with insane students and lazy administration.

Dominique

Methodist University is an institution that loves money.

Methodist University is an institution that loves money.

It's an awesome school, I absolutely love it! It's not a big school, the classes are fairly small. That's a plus because your professor gets to interact with all of the students and help them achieve their goals. The campus is very clean and it has beautiful landscaping; they just added a whole lot of trees, bushes, and flowers around campus too, adding to the look of the school. The most frequent complaint about the school is that is costs way too much to attend, or to stay. It is a private university, but it's one of the better education quality and safest schools in Fayetteville. The only problem is is costs over $30,000 a year and the tuition continues to go up every year. So most people have to settle for the other colleges around Fayetteville instead or go elsewhere.

"Rich folk" is the most common stereotype. It's not necessarily true, but people do have money to be able to go here, or they're taking out HUGE amounts of student loans to go/stay here.

There's ALWAYS stuff going on around campus, I can't just name one activity/group.

Everyone is friendly and has their story to share.

Classes are small, with only 15-20 students being the most common "huge" class. But most classes are smaller than that. Their isn't a whole lot of drama and everyone gets along like family within the buildings and around campus as a whole. There's a lot of class participation, even from students who don't like to talk a lot (I used to be one of those students who just sat in the back of class and stayed quiet during high school.) Students are competitive here and they also like to help boost other students up as well. I am currently majoring in Graphic Design and I love my department and the students and professors that make up the building. We are like one big family and we often hang around each other even outside of instructional time. The classes are't easy, but you definitely walk away with more understanding of the subject and with improvement.

Nicholas

I would tell myself to not get wrapped up in the sterotype college lifestyle of partying and drinking because it will only slow you down and do terrible things to my studies. My freshman year I was into the party scene and I began to slip up because i wasnt putting the time in to study and learn the material that was needed for my Bio major. This led me to drop the major because I fell to hard behind. I had to start from scratch in a new major which is now making me graduate late and not with my intended class of Spring 2016 . Overall, I would tell myself dont be a slacker and get your stuff done because these next four years affect the next 60 years after you will live, so dont you regret it.

I think the best thing about my school are the small class sizes. It allows me to interact with more people and for the most part I have those same people in my classes for the remainder of my time at the school. These people I meet in my classes allow me to bounce ideas off of them and it makes it easier to comprhend the information I am being taught.

Before coming to this school I did not know I would have to pay extra fees for athletics and equipment every year I participate in the sport. Also with my Athletic Training major I have to pay a couple hundred dollars a year for clothing. Lastly I wish I knew the school could increase the tuition every year by upwards of $2000 a year.

Bryan

What makes my school unique, and what I think makes it the best is the student to teacher ratio. My largest class these past two semesters has been 30 students, and even then all my teachers have known my name. There is a sense of belonging here that I don't think I would have gotten at a larger institution.

There is no reason to spend your time worrying! I too felt like college would be a greuling experience, but instead it was a time for me to grow. Yes, growing does sometimes come with growing pains, but wouldn't you rather grow up around people who are experienceing the exact same growing pains and emotions as you? I know, that can be a hard question to answer, and I know I would have been afraid to answer it when I was having to face a university for the first time myself. I have found one of the most amazing things in life is no matter how alone you feel, you are never truly alone...feeling alone is a perception that we have made for ourself. What I mean is this: no matter how alone or stressed you feel, there is always someone else around you expereincing the same things. Never feel like your problems are too big to overcome, because someone else has overcome them just the same as you will overcome yours! Stay strong! You can do it!

The most frustrating thing about my school would have to be the lack of tutors! I really enjoy getting help outside of class, and it has been fairly difficult for me to find it with a tutor.

Methodist University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.