Fayetteville, NC
Methodist University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Methodist University

Forrest

If i could talk to myself in Highschool i would go all the way back to the summer going into 9th grade and tell myself to start looking for grants and other ways to pay for school and to study the work not look over it because it was easy. I would tell myself that i will go through a lot of hard times but i am capabile of pushing past them with ease and the good times will over come the bad i just have to be patient. I would defently tell myself to play football instead of just basketball baseball and soccer, i wish now that i would have at least tried it. College is very expensive and we need help, Papa wont always be here for us he will pass away after your first year in college before he could finish paying for the school. If you can prepare your self for that unexpected tragedy andf have a back up plan to pay for school you will make it in life, if you dont you will be siting here applying for loans to get the money for school like me not knowing if you will make it.

A shy person who doesnt like to drink and party.

Danielle

I would have told myself to apply for more scholarships and grants. I also would tell myself not to sweat the small stuff. Throughout college I have found that people and problems come and go but if you always keep your eye on the prize and stay commited you will get where you want to go. Things happen for a reason. Looking back I can see how everything that happened needed to happen to get me where I needed to go. Also I would tell myself that staying in shape will take a lot of work but it is worth it because it is a lot harder to get back into shape. The same goes for studying, if I keep studying I will do better in my classes and be more ready for the real world.

The type of person that expects the best of everything. If they are not patient. If the person does not want to work for their grade and if the person does not want to be well rounded. If the person has strong liberal views.

The most frusterating thing about this school is the amount of time it takes them to fix a problem. The administration takes too long to make a decision that would help the students especially when it comes to technology and wifi.

I think that Methodist is unique in its ability to provide an indepth education on many aspects of life, not just the subject matter being taught. The care and attention of all the professors as well as support staff make it easy to navigate the sometimes confusing steps that mut be taken in order to be admitted, register, take classes and so on. From the business office down to the secretaries for individual departments, everyone cares.

If I could go back and talk to myself I think I would tell myself not to be so scared of the hard courses, to embrace the learning and be willing to take risks. I would also tell myself to apply for more scholarships, get a better handle on money, stay out of debt and learn to be open to opportunities. The fear was what held me back and I think that specifically would be something I would benefit from leaving behind.

Methodist is great because it has a small class size with professors who care. This allows a more individual attention and a great learning environment for difficult subject matter. In addition to the small class size there is a greater relationship and bond created among the students, allowing for a more intimate and personal college experience.

Kerry

Study harder! I would tell myself to learn as much as I possibly could to achieve higher grades so I would have a better chance at more scholarships. Listening to Mom would have paid off. As much as life is meant to be lived, school is meant to be taken seriously. Doing what you have to do to get a decent grade isn't enough. You must rise above the average and strive for always doing better. You deserve to let yourself be successful and you are the only one holding yourself back. Dream it, Believe it, and you WILL Achieve it!

How much harder it is to be disciplined in my studies. I wasn't quite prepared for how hard I'd have to work to make the grade here.

I really can't think of anything that frustrates me here. I enjoy everyday that I am her learning about the things I love most and getting the best education available for my area of studies.

If I could go back and give myself some advice for making the transition into college I would. I would tell myself to focus solely on my studies and not to worry about my socail life. Your education will get you a lot further in life. However, do not shut your social life out completely because you need diversity. Find a balance and stick with it. I would also tell myself that your professors are there to help and will help if you go to them. They are very helpful and useful, you just have to show them you care and need the help. The last thing I would tell myself is not to stress over the little things and take life as it comes, and above all else enjoy it while you can.

There is nothing wrong with Methodist University. I do not have anything I could call "the worst" thing about my school. If I absolutely had to choose one thing it would most likely again be the tutition cost being too high.

Dillion

They are an intellectualy harmonizing entity that aspires to do great things.

They are an intellectualy harmonizing entity that aspires to do great things.

If I was to go back in time and speak with myself about college, I would emphasize the importance of taking on each day and obstacle slowly. Since I have been in college, I have immersed myself in clubs and organizations. I am an SGA senator, the lead staff photographer for the school newspaper, a member of SoJu (the Social Justice club), and a member of SLAM (Student Leaders at Methodist). In spite of my eagerness to be involved in nearly everything, I have had issues with balancing my vast array of activities. In short, over extending oneself is not constructive to a pleasant college experience. Therefore, I would tell myself that being involved is important to the college experience, but overexertion isn’t good for one’s emotional and physical health. Prioritizing and being organized are both great characteristics for a college student.

A person that should not attend Methodist University is one who is apathetic. "Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings." says Salvador Dali. Showing a concerned passion for one's future is a vital element for succeeding in college. One must be prepared to work hard for their success and achievement.

Chelsea

First I would say to attend a community college. Community college is cheaper than a university and helps get your general education credits taken care of. Prepare for sleepless nights and learn how to make every minute in the day count towards something. Make friends in class and out these people are going to help you get through the rough patches. Come home often and do not forget about the friends you will leave when you go away. Do not attempt to be part of a relationship it will only distract you and if it is meant to be he will be there later. Most importantly stay at an in state school, live close enough to home that your family is still a apart of your life but far enough away that you can grow up and become a responsible intelligent adult.

Trevor

In your senior year of high school, all you're thinking about is having fun your last year and what college you plan to attend. College is not a time to joke around. When classes start, that's where the hard work begins. Constant studying and doing everything you can to pass your classes will get you a long way. Don't be ashamed to ask for help when you need it. The staff are always encouraging you to do your best and they will do what they can to make sure you succeed.

Really nice campus; however, tuition cost not worth the overall experience.

Really nice campus; however, tuition cost not worth the overall experience.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior the most important thing I would stress is to do your research on the schools your looking at. Look at other schools that have the major your looking for; do not put all your faith into one school. One of my biggest regrets is that I did not look at very many schools when deciding which school I wanted to go to, which resulted in a poor decision that landed me in a lot of debt. Other important advice I would give: -Search for as many scholarships as possible outside of the school provided scholarships. It's free money, do your research! -Save up as much money as possible before you leave for school, so you do not have to worry about working during school and you can focus on your school work. -Do not change yourself to fit into a group of people at school. It is important to stay true to yourself -Always call your mother! She's your biggest supporter -Find a group of friends that share common interest and keep them close -Put school work as the first priority

The amount of debt I am currently in just to come to this school; as well as the quality of food available to students.

Idus

Most of them are easy going but pushes themselves relentlessly, were from a small town with big dreams.

well its so different from high school, and you have to adjust quick. I think what I have gotten out of the "college experience" was "experience" itself. Knowing the opperations of how things work. All of your classes arent one after the other like high school too. You have more freedom and time, but with that also comes more responsibility regarding to one's work and other etra curricular activities. The thing that won me over though is that college and high school might be different but when I first stept on Methodist campus, I had a strange feeling like i was home and as i toured the campus it felt like more and more like I am ment to be here. I hope that I can get a work study at school when I attend, because America being in a recession and me never having a job, I believe that having a work study will make me much more responsible and I will be more ready for the work field after college and know what its like looking for a job.

how to fill out all the information to get into the school, because appearently im by myself on it.

Methodist University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.