Fayetteville, NC
Methodist University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Methodist University

I think that Methodist is unique in its ability to provide an indepth education on many aspects of life, not just the subject matter being taught. The care and attention of all the professors as well as support staff make it easy to navigate the sometimes confusing steps that mut be taken in order to be admitted, register, take classes and so on. From the business office down to the secretaries for individual departments, everyone cares.

If I could go back and talk to myself I think I would tell myself not to be so scared of the hard courses, to embrace the learning and be willing to take risks. I would also tell myself to apply for more scholarships, get a better handle on money, stay out of debt and learn to be open to opportunities. The fear was what held me back and I think that specifically would be something I would benefit from leaving behind.

Methodist is great because it has a small class size with professors who care. This allows a more individual attention and a great learning environment for difficult subject matter. In addition to the small class size there is a greater relationship and bond created among the students, allowing for a more intimate and personal college experience.

Kerry

Study harder! I would tell myself to learn as much as I possibly could to achieve higher grades so I would have a better chance at more scholarships. Listening to Mom would have paid off. As much as life is meant to be lived, school is meant to be taken seriously. Doing what you have to do to get a decent grade isn't enough. You must rise above the average and strive for always doing better. You deserve to let yourself be successful and you are the only one holding yourself back. Dream it, Believe it, and you WILL Achieve it!

How much harder it is to be disciplined in my studies. I wasn't quite prepared for how hard I'd have to work to make the grade here.

I really can't think of anything that frustrates me here. I enjoy everyday that I am her learning about the things I love most and getting the best education available for my area of studies.

If I could go back and give myself some advice for making the transition into college I would. I would tell myself to focus solely on my studies and not to worry about my socail life. Your education will get you a lot further in life. However, do not shut your social life out completely because you need diversity. Find a balance and stick with it. I would also tell myself that your professors are there to help and will help if you go to them. They are very helpful and useful, you just have to show them you care and need the help. The last thing I would tell myself is not to stress over the little things and take life as it comes, and above all else enjoy it while you can.

There is nothing wrong with Methodist University. I do not have anything I could call "the worst" thing about my school. If I absolutely had to choose one thing it would most likely again be the tutition cost being too high.

Dillion

They are an intellectualy harmonizing entity that aspires to do great things.

They are an intellectualy harmonizing entity that aspires to do great things.

If I was to go back in time and speak with myself about college, I would emphasize the importance of taking on each day and obstacle slowly. Since I have been in college, I have immersed myself in clubs and organizations. I am an SGA senator, the lead staff photographer for the school newspaper, a member of SoJu (the Social Justice club), and a member of SLAM (Student Leaders at Methodist). In spite of my eagerness to be involved in nearly everything, I have had issues with balancing my vast array of activities. In short, over extending oneself is not constructive to a pleasant college experience. Therefore, I would tell myself that being involved is important to the college experience, but overexertion isn’t good for one’s emotional and physical health. Prioritizing and being organized are both great characteristics for a college student.

A person that should not attend Methodist University is one who is apathetic. "Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings." says Salvador Dali. Showing a concerned passion for one's future is a vital element for succeeding in college. One must be prepared to work hard for their success and achievement.

Chelsea

First I would say to attend a community college. Community college is cheaper than a university and helps get your general education credits taken care of. Prepare for sleepless nights and learn how to make every minute in the day count towards something. Make friends in class and out these people are going to help you get through the rough patches. Come home often and do not forget about the friends you will leave when you go away. Do not attempt to be part of a relationship it will only distract you and if it is meant to be he will be there later. Most importantly stay at an in state school, live close enough to home that your family is still a apart of your life but far enough away that you can grow up and become a responsible intelligent adult.

Trevor

In your senior year of high school, all you're thinking about is having fun your last year and what college you plan to attend. College is not a time to joke around. When classes start, that's where the hard work begins. Constant studying and doing everything you can to pass your classes will get you a long way. Don't be ashamed to ask for help when you need it. The staff are always encouraging you to do your best and they will do what they can to make sure you succeed.

Really nice campus; however, tuition cost not worth the overall experience.

Really nice campus; however, tuition cost not worth the overall experience.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior the most important thing I would stress is to do your research on the schools your looking at. Look at other schools that have the major your looking for; do not put all your faith into one school. One of my biggest regrets is that I did not look at very many schools when deciding which school I wanted to go to, which resulted in a poor decision that landed me in a lot of debt. Other important advice I would give: -Search for as many scholarships as possible outside of the school provided scholarships. It's free money, do your research! -Save up as much money as possible before you leave for school, so you do not have to worry about working during school and you can focus on your school work. -Do not change yourself to fit into a group of people at school. It is important to stay true to yourself -Always call your mother! She's your biggest supporter -Find a group of friends that share common interest and keep them close -Put school work as the first priority

The amount of debt I am currently in just to come to this school; as well as the quality of food available to students.

Idus

Most of them are easy going but pushes themselves relentlessly, were from a small town with big dreams.

well its so different from high school, and you have to adjust quick. I think what I have gotten out of the "college experience" was "experience" itself. Knowing the opperations of how things work. All of your classes arent one after the other like high school too. You have more freedom and time, but with that also comes more responsibility regarding to one's work and other etra curricular activities. The thing that won me over though is that college and high school might be different but when I first stept on Methodist campus, I had a strange feeling like i was home and as i toured the campus it felt like more and more like I am ment to be here. I hope that I can get a work study at school when I attend, because America being in a recession and me never having a job, I believe that having a work study will make me much more responsible and I will be more ready for the work field after college and know what its like looking for a job.

how to fill out all the information to get into the school, because appearently im by myself on it.

My school is best known for the Professional Golf Management program. There are over three hundred students attending Methodist University to study PGA Golf Management. The mens and womens golf teams at Methodist are also very strong because of the highly skilled golf players that attend the school. The Mens golf team has made NCAA appearances for the past 7 years and the Womens team have been the NCAA Division III Champions for the past twelve years. Methodist University was also nominated for Best Campus Programs by Campus Activities Magazine's People's Choice Awards.

Do not be so nervous about college. You are gonna do great. Study hard, but make sure you have time to do the things you love as well. Find a few clubs on campus that you are really interested in joining. They will make college so much more enjoyable for you. Make sure you always get your homework done on time so that you are not stressed out nearly as much. Set some goals for yourself. Your grades are important to you, but do not let them control your life. Study and do well in your classes, but do not freak out if you get a B on a test. It is okay. Meet as many people as you can, but make sure you also find that close group of friends as well. They will help you get through everything. Go on some adventures. Try things you never thought you would before. You may surprise yourself. You have a lot going for you. Do not give up. Remember the importance of perseverance in your life. If something does not happen the way you expect the first time, just keep going. Kid, you will move mountains.

The best thing about Methodist University is how the professors here really want to make sure you are learning and understanding the material. The class sizes are small, which makes for a more intimate learning experience. I have found that I am more comfortable asking questions in class because of the small classes. It is easy to find people to study with because you are able to meet other classmates and get to know them in the time you spend with them. This makes for an easy way to get involved in the happenings around campus as well.

Tia

Methodist University is different from others because it is a small school were the professors know you by name and know where you are from. Your professors take an active roll in your learning and always want to help. The professors here are very understandable when you have to miss class for a sport as long as you do the work. This is a very hands-on shcool, working with the students and faculty together as one.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition, I would like to tell myself to keep working and go for what I want, do not let anyone tell you your dreams are to big, and never give up on anything. Transition is a big change now that you are living on your own but you can always make that phone call home just to talk, do not be afraid of change and doing something out of the ordinary. College is a eye opener and you will find out who you really are or find out who you are capable of becoming. You will find somewhere to fit in and with the freedom you will learn how to manage your time and decide what is important and what is not to you.

The kind of person that should attend this school is the type of person that is active in sports and wants to take an active roll in there education. The type of student that is willing to do the work and also have a great college experience while doing it.

Methodist University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.