Fayetteville, NC
Methodist University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Methodist University

Shelly

Find the college that works for you. Visit the college multiple times if need be and meet the instructors. Buckle down and study hard and know that what you do in college today leads to the friendships and careers of tomorrow. Parents, support your kids and give them some space but still stay involved in their lives and grades. College can be an exciting experience but remember first and foremost, you are there to prepare for your future.

I really wish I would've realized how hard it is to be a adult in my 30's and to go back to school. I am a mother and a wife at home and I find it difficult to relate to the younger kids that are just entering school. My outlook on life and my priorities are much different than so people who are going to college for the first time and they seem to be very interested in the social aspect whereas I am focused on my education.

Methodist has a little something for everyone. I believe that everyone can fit in here. I do believe if you are looking for a large population and a environment that is less emotionally attached Methodist may not be the place for you. Our classes are small and our teachers are very involved in our lives. They really know you and how you think. I think that is a great part of Methodist but some may differ.

Treniece

Finding the right college is so important for everyone. It's important to know what school has a particular major and/or minor and what extra-curricular activities are available for more of a hands-on experience in the desired field. That, I think, is the easiest part. Making the most of one's college experience should be easy but honestly it is not. Every student wants to fit in or feel like they belong. He or she will get involved with a group of people, for some good and bad reasons. The most important thing is to find a group of friends that one has similar interests but at the same time remain focused on school and anything else he deems important ie religion, family, or work. Keeping a positive attitude each and everyday will only make things better for the student. There will be bad days, and of course good ones, but as long the student remembers why he or she is here, they can get pass the "in-crowd", peer pressure, and the bad roomate who gets up before 7 every morning...they will see the bigger picture and be happy with their daily choices.

MU has no school spirit. Some teams are favored more than others but that should not even matter. Parents and alumni are the only ones at the games, the pep rallys are not long enough to really get excited about an upcoming game, and there just doesn't seem to be very much excitement when it comes to supporting the teams at this school.

Methodist University would be a good choice for a traditional or nontraditional student who is used to being close to home, but still wanting to experience a little bit of a city life. Most of my friends, including myself are from small towns in North Carolina. We all enjoy going out during the week, but all enjoy being able to get home whenever we please.

Mark

You want to have a college that you feel comfortable to attend. Not everybody is meant to go to a D1 school and party all the time. During your time at school, be serious have some fun and enjoy your life. Make sure you talk with some of your future professors to get a better idea of what you may expect. Go to an orientation course and meets some of your future classmates and dont be shy about it. Try your best during high school so you can be accepted to as many schools as you can. After you are accepted visit these schools to see what they offer. Remember this, college tuition is just a number, and just becuase Harvard or Yale cost so much dosent mean they are the best schools. Their are great schools out there and I consider Methodist University to be one of them. It is a small school but offers so much more. That is what parents and students should be loking for, the hidden gems!

A person who wants to work hard and meet new people. You will meet new people that will become your life long freinds. Also if you like small class sizes then this school is for you!

Courtney

Methodist University is a small and friendly school that is full of caring teachers that want to help shape the student's future.

Just follow your major and look mainly at the school that will be the best in that field. It will be so much easier to follow what you love to do then be stuck with something your never going to use ever again. Once you find that perfect school, everything else will fall in place and you will have the best college experience ever.

The mainy friends I have from all around the world.

Lakeisha

Its like a little town.Without crime.We have our festivals,cultural affairs, meetings, and occasional visits from important people. The only difference is there's a curfew and no grocery store,and the majority of the people don't wake up before 10am on weekdays.

I recommend making a visit to each college applied to.That makes a really big difference in the places,especially if you go during their school year,so you see what the class sizes are and how well students interact with each other. I also recommend doing research.Find out about the history,call a few staff members.Most colleges have a website with email addresses to people you can talk to and ask about life on campus and classes.Finding an upperclassmen with the same major as you're going for will help, and also talking with a professor that teaches for that major. Try to be involved as well.It's not much fun going to college just for studying.Being involved is fun,and it's great for your resume.

I wish I had known the financial aid office and the business office never communicate with each other,so you have to go back and forth between them to get things done,and they're kinda far apart.

Staci

The best advice I could give a parent and a student is to realize what kind of person they are before they choose where to go to college. If the student is very independent and responsible, then they may want to look at going away for school right away. If they tend to be less independent or not so responsible, then maybe a school close to home would better suite them until they feel ready to do it on their own. Sometimes being close to home is the best recipe for success. It is also very wise to start deciding on what type of school the student may want to attend. If they are aware of what career they would like to pursue then that makes it very easy of what schools to start looking at. If the student, who is probably like the majority and has no idea, then visiting campuses is probably the best bet to finding one that fits just right. So again, the best advice would be to realize what kind of person the student is and tailor their choice of a school to fit them.

It is a smaller private campus. I think it is best for me because I grew up in a smaller community and it feels more comfortable to me. It is easy to recognize people, easy to find everything and very easy to feel at home.

I wish I had known every form of finacial aid avalible before I had attended this school. The first semester was mainly an out of pocket expense and I had to find out how to look for more financial aid.

Methodist University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.