Methodist University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Methodist University

Alicia

The campus is beautiful. It may be small but you meet new people everyday. There is always something to do; you can go to the gym, study in the library, hang out in the student center, even just taking a walk around campus. The professors really care about their students and will try their best in helping everyone succeed. I'm so glad that I choose Methodist.

Karen

Methodist University always has something going on. They try to keep everyone involved in the events that they hold. There are many students from outside of the U.S. that come to study at Methodist, and there is quite an array of major options. The only real downside of Methodist is its lack of concern with commuter students. Methodist has a large amount of students who commute to the university due to its location and military students. If Methodist showed more interest in the students who do not live on campus, I believe that would help myself and many others have a much more enriching and delightful college experience.

Harriet

There are no on campus parties whatsoever. Obviously academics is important, but people need a damn break from studying and doing homework. There is absolutely no sort of recreational enjoyment on this campus except for the Student Center, which stays empty most of the time. RA's are biased and messy as hell, would rather preserve their friendships/FWB set ups with residents than actually do their jobs, financial aid is a mess. This school costs $40,000/yr but you sure as hell wouldn't know it just by looking at the overall quality of this campus. The police/maintenance men don't care to do their jobs. There's just an overall air of laziness/"I don't give a fuck" attitude on this campus. The students are messy. There's an ambulance here every other day for someone who's gotten drunk and passed out. Nobody here will want to associate with you because of their "I attend an expensive school so I must have money" attitude. Harassment is off the charts. It happens within the dorms, the cafe, the hallways, and the parking lot. Someone's car hood was purposely smashed in. The administration won't do anything to help you, so don't bother. Just head straight to the Fayetteville Police. If you want to be safe in college, don't come here. There was an armed robber on campus before and not much was done to catch him. Just stay away and pick a less expensive school, I guarantee you'll get the same quality of academics but at a lower price, and without the hassle of dealing with insane students and lazy administration.

Dominique

Methodist University is an institution that loves money.

Methodist University is essentially a home away from home for most students. At MU, we have a close-knit community. The people who enjoy their MU Journey the most are those who get involved. We have a large international program and countless groups ready for you to join! Fraternity and Sorority life is a big thing at Methodist. MU is home!

Marshall

An amazing University that continues to enrich students to their fullest potential. furthermore, Methodist is encouraging and very enthusiastic. there is never a time where you will be lost or confused. when i first entered the University, I felt lost but then the faculty guided me exactly where i needed to go. there are extremely helpful and will stop at nothing to make sure that you get the material and how to use it in the outside world in your furtherance of your education if applicable or in your career.

Daijon

Methodist is a great college to go to if you are looking for somewhere small. Everything is in one central location , so you do not have to go all over the city. They have great opportunities for jobs once you graduate and great internships while you are a student.

Joshua

Methodist University was an awesome place to visit. The delivery and approach were awesome. The staff was very professional and they really sold the university. I am in the process of trying to attend this amazing university that offers my major and really offer a way for me to succeed in my first year.

Patricia

I love the campus, the teachers and students are helpful and nice. I like that you can rent course material and that the library has great hours. The VA and the financial aid are in the same office and that is convenient. The director is very helpful, she got me set up with my MU account quickly.

Jerald

its is a good school overall. the freshman dorms need to be updated in my opinion and the food sometimes is real nasty. The teachers are nice and know what they are talking about. The MAAP program helps students with low GPA and test scores in high school get in. the only thing is there not a lot of student life. But overall it is a good college

Jacob

Methodist University is an awesome university. I love playing baseball and interacting with other students. It is very close to a Wal-Mart and lots of fast-food restaurants. On campus food is a little bland on some days, and freshman dorms aren't the nicest, but besides that Methodist is a great place with an amazing faculty, an awesome library open late, and provides a great atmosphere for athletes.

Nathan

The campus is decently small with only about 4,000 students, which makes for small classrooms with small class sizes. The cafe food always seems to be good during freshmen orientation but throughout the semester from that point on it gets very boring. The academics part if decent, some teachers are really good and couldn't ask for a better teacher. While some teachers seem to not care about the students or their grade. The athletics for a D3 school is pretty good and the whole student-athlete thing, some coaches tend to switch that around and take advantage of the students that get too wrapped up in their sport sometimes.

Kiley

I think that Methodist University is a school that has a beautiful campus that is clean and well-kept up with. Everything is right near each other and is in walking distance, which helps if you do not have a car. Every staff member I have met with have been polite and nice and have made me feel very welcoming to the campus.

James

It's a pretty good school. I really like it. I can really see myself leaving here with the skills needed to make name for myself in the world. Really enjoy working on my radio show here, and I hope people like the music I put on the air for them to hear.

Isamar

Methodist University is a very diverse school with so many different opportunities to offer to new students and those already enrolled. The campus is very hands on and interactive with the community and the students. With very small class sizes for interactions with professors and other students. They offer a variety of major and minors to prepare their students for success.

Tyler

Methodist is an engaging and enjoyable University that has allowed me to grow as an individual. The professors generally make their office hours known and seem to genuinely want to help their students. The academic work-load can be heavy depending on an individual's credit hours, but personally I have found them to remain fair.

Jill

The campus was clean. There is an inviting atmosphere. I felt at home. The only negative was the size of the freshmen dorm rooms. I liked the hands on experience I was told was part of their mission statement. I prefer the small class sizes and over all small campus enrollment.

Hayley

I am an incoming Freshman starting in the fall. From what I have seen and heard about Methodist, it seems like a really great school. I can't wait to start. Living on campus, making some friends, basically being on my own seems like a wonderful opportunity to see what it's like away from your parents. I think this is a nice school from my tour that I had. Methodist sends booklets about the school all the time. They do a lot for the students and I'm happy to be going to Methodist!

Jordan

Methodist is a diverse and culture focused campus. Though it is small university, it has a lot of potential for incoming students. Our sports program is nothing to boast about, but the monarchs still cheer on the home team with our marching band and cheer squad. The music department offers many extracurricular activities for students such as choir, small women’s chorus, small men’s chorus, jazz band, and a string orchestra. The university might not have the most degree options, but the ones they do offer have professors that are ready to help you succeed. The teachers are some of the best part of the school. They make themselves as available as they can. If you ever struggle with a class, Methodist professors are more than ready to help you succeed. The school offers tutoring and resources for projects. The only downside to having such a small campus is the fact that people can feel left out. The school tries their best to have opportunities for students to interact and find new friends. Methodist is a small, caring private university. In the words of our University President, Dr. Ben Hancock, “Find your one thing.” Anyone looking for a small school that offers a lot needs to look no farther. Methodist is a great college that is ready to help any and all students find their true calling, their “one thing”, that will make them happy in life. Come to Methodist University and experience the benefits of a small campus community that is cheering for your success.

Brook

I love Methodist University and believe everyone should apply and visit before making their college decision. MU offers so much and is a very well rounded university. There are always many options for food and housing if very good! Activities are never ending on campus and if you don't have anything to do it is because you haven't looked for something to do! Methodist gets an A+ from me!

Deasha

I believe Methodist is the perfect school for anyone considering attending. They're security is very important to them by having only one entrance. Class sizes are pretty small which is amazing. They have one of the best golf fields and their athletic activities are pretty good. On campus housing isn't so attractive but the rooms are really big which makes up for it. Residents and staff are very friendly. They're always waving whenever you see them. Just a very friendly University. Overall, I highly recommend this school to anyone interested. I would rate the University a 4.5

martavius

Methodist university is a growing school which is try to get on a great path. they charge you a lot for so little to offer. the math program isn't the best and needs a lot of improvements. campus life is plan and not much to do on campus. overall the school needs more improvements

Dakota

The university is very professional in conducting daily activities. There are many clubs and organizations to join on campus so there is almost no reason to ever be bored. The faculty is highly qualified, and fellow students are very courteous. Overall, Methodist University is a great campus to attend for those who want a small class size and feel like being active in their field of study.

Charles

I love this university due to how diverse the campus is. With me being an RA, I get to see a lot of that diversity first-hand in the residence halls. Life on campus overall is amazing due to it being a small community so everyone gets along pretty well! With greek life and sports being a big deal on campus, it helps that people participate in cheering on each sports team!

Austin

The school is a great environment the professors always want what is best and can always help you because of the small class size, one of the few flaws is the dorms are lower level and the building are a little outdated but the academics are amazing in almost every field.

Haley

I love the atmosphere when I’m around the teachers and students ! And I am super excited to be joining the Monarch life . I will also be a cheerleader at the school and I think it’ll be a great way for me to get to know other students and just have fun and enjoy my time while I am in college.

Ryan

Methodist University is a great place to come and get a great education. I am coming hear in the fall of 2019 for my freshman year. I came twice to look at the school before I made my decision. I came once without students here and the second time while classes were going on. I really like the smaller classes because of the more one on one that you will receive. The professors will check on you if you are not in their class because they know if you are coming to class or not because of the smaller sizes.

Luciana

Methodist university is a great school if you’re looking for small class sizes, great environment if you play a d3 sport. Professors are always there to help you and they care about you. It’s full of nice people and you will never feel alone. Food can improve and also it can get a little bit way too expensive.

Sierra

This is a great school and I love it. I have never had any problem with any of my professors and they are always willing to talk, even if it is not during their office hours. I love the small class size and love that this school is a private school. The campus is small so it is easy to make it from one point to another. The campus is also very clean and when the flowers bloom it looks beautiful.

Deztiny

Methodist University is a small school with big opportunities. They care about the students and not just about the money. For example, they let a sophomore stay in a junior/senior apartment because she was a transfer who felt comfortable with another cheerleader who stayed there. They wanted to make sure she felt comfortable. The security is great, they have call boxes everywhere.