Metro Beauty Academy Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Metro Beauty Academy

NotTelling

I should have known it was too good to be true. It's all about money and brown nosing... if you don't kiss butt you don't get anything. The instructors don't take time to get to know the students because of "boundaries", we're all adults for crying out loud! They never knew any talent we have or what we're really good at because they're too focused on professionalism, which they lack! One instructor in specific was ALWAYS lying, about the smallest things, he'd get our hopes up to then shoot us down. He promised us extracurricular clubs in order to perfect advanced cutting and coloring, this was in January... I've graduated since and have yet to even hear about anything like that going on. Before I started at Metro, I was made believe it was the best cosmetology school in the area, the admission advisor sold me stories about fashion week and studying abroad along with other fun things we would be doing throughout my time at the school. I was so excited to start at this beautiful school and just months after I started to noticed how sneaky and conniving everyone was. The curriculum changes every 2 months so not everyone learns the same things , some lessons are left out and we ended up having to go back to them after we had already finished the class, The dress code changed every 2 months too, and if we saw someone wearing something out of the dress code we were told to not worry about anyone else which is not fair because we were a SCHOOL, and if one rule applies to one student, it should apply to everyone! No headbands, No head wraps, No scarves (unless it's black) it can't even have specks of a different color. It doesn't make sense to go to a beauty school and you aren't allowed to express yourself. The worse part is looking up to someone and them treating you like dirt, which is something you'd have to get used to at Metro, and when you confront them, they act like nothing ever happened. I have so much to say about Metro but I'll cut it short. The only good things that I enjoyed were the friends I made, SOME of the amazing instructors, and what I learned about color.