Omaha, NE
Metropolitan Community College Area

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Metropolitan Community College Area

Sidra

?Time; itself is the greatest teacher of all, but unfortunately it only teaches a lesson after it has passed by.?(R. Jawaid) If I could go back in time to my senior year of high school, I would advice myself to utilize the resources and to follow the advice my senior?s gave me. First, I would prep more seriously for the ACT and SAT exam than I actually did. I didn?t realize how important the ACT and SAT score results are until I enrolled in college. Also, I would taken full advantage of the Advance Placement courses and Metro Community College?s ?Bridge to Success? program by planning and taking college GenEd courses that are required for my major in elementary education. Most importantly, I would improve my writing skills and learn to write better essays so I can effectively apply for scholarships to pay for college. If I would have followed my own advice earlier, then I could have prevented the hassle which I go thought now to financially support my education. But, since I have already made the mistakes, the best thing to do now is to learn my lesson and not to repeat it again.

Metro college is committed to providing a higher education to all ages and types of students. Whatever form of certificate, diploma, or degree a student is pursuing; MCC offers it. MCC acknowledges the needs of all students and due to its curriculum, reasonable class size, homework help center, resource centers, and helpful staff; this institute is an excellent place to start a college career in any field of expertises.

A kind of person who shouldn?t attend Metropolitan Community College (Nebraska) is a person who doesn?t wants to invest their time, money, and hard work in receiving a higher education. I chose to pursue my degree here due to my prior experience of taking some classes at MCC in high school. The students in all of my classes were very cooperative and all the professors were very helpful. Everyone here is extremely nice and with a smile always willing to help; due which I have been successful in all the courses I have taken at MCC so far.

Tashiana

First of all I would start by saying that you should not waist anytime in high school. Starting as a freshman you should work your hardest and always put in your best effort. Even though it might seem like you have four years to get good grades, it all starts off as being freshman. I thought that I could just slack on my work as as a freshman and sophmore and as a junior, and then try my hardest as a senior. That is not how it works and I had to learn the hard way for myself. Yes your junior year is the most important year, but all the other years are important also. You have to keep your grades up. It is such a rewarding feeling when you get your diploma on the day that you graduate. You feel like that all your hard work has paid off.

Metropolitan Community College is diverse ethnically, economically, and culturally.

Metropolitan Community College is a diverse 2-year school with people from many different areas of the world. It is low-key and draws professors that range from near Noble Prize winners to young and ambitious men and women.

From structured days with teachers guiding you to complete your homework, to four hours in a classroom and then freedom to conduct yourself how you choose - this is how I would describe the transition from highschool to college. Life is full of stress and complications. In highschool you must attend, you must do your homework, and you must pass. In college you may attend, you may do your homework, and you may pass. If you achieve a higher education it is not dependent on your parents or your professors, it is wholly dependent on you. Time is a valuable asset or a well concealed enemy. Use time to do your homework and align yourself with your goals. No one is responsible for your success or your failure but you.

Heather

My classmates, so far, seem very eager to learn, as well as help each other out along the way when there are questions and concerns, I love this!

Coming out of high school, I was not very excited about continuing on, to go and do more schooling. I am 33 years old now, and almost 1/2 way through to my Associates, and I am loving every minute of it. If I could go back and tell myself that going to college right out of high school will get me my degree and on the path of life that I choose, instead of listening to my inner self and want to go and have fun with friends all the time, partying. I think that if I would have chosen to continue right out of high school, things would be a lot more stable. Although I am feeling really good about school now, I do wish that I would have went sooner.

The only bad experience I have had is a teacher that seemed completely lost all the time, repeating the same things, and losing our assignments along with the grades, this is not very professional in my eyes.

Metro Community College is unique because it is a community college that is continually expanding. There are multiple classes throughout the Omaha area and even in Fremont. This is nice because it allows the student to choose where they want to take their classes you can have different classes at different campus' whatever is more convienent for the student they make that happen. The other nice thing about Metro is that most of the core classes that you take are very transferable to other schools, so your not wasting time if you plan on transfering.

As I was graduating from high school I knew what I wanted to do with my life; be a photographer. I applied for art schools and got in. My dreams seemed to be becoming a reality. Then summer rolled around and I thought to myself, " I can't move! Ill miss my family, my friends, my home." So I settled. I stayed and went to the local University for a year, which didn't even provide a photography program. Then the next year I switched to community college where there was a program, but it still wasn't my dream school. If I could go back to my senior year I would tell myself to follow my dreams. Ive always had a great support team, people standing behind me. I would tell myself to take things more seriously and to accomplish my goals and not put them on the backburner. Life can only be as great as you make it and if you settle you will be unhappy. Take opportunities, take chances, take a leap of faith and in the end youll be able to look back at your life and be proud of what you have acomplished.

The most frustrating thing about Metro for me is that I am a photography major. Yes the program is nice, but it is somewhat out of date. You focus too much on 35mm cameras and proccessing where today photography is strictly all digital based. So I don't feel like I will be as prepared as I should be when I leave the school. There is no garuntee that you will have a portfolio when you leave or that you will even be able to make it in the real world with the things you've been taught.

Molly

The school's students are a diverse group of people with a desire to learn.

The school's students are a diverse group of people with a desire to learn.

If I was given the opportunity to go back in time and tell myself as a high school senior what to expect or what to do as a college student I wouldn't. Part of me would want to save myself the trouble, and make things a bit easier, but I wouldn't have that experience, and I wouldn't have truly learned. Like my mother says, "What is easiest isn't always right, sometimes what is most difficult is the right thing path to take." And see my mother tried to warn me, but I didn't really hear what she was saying to me. I believe that I needed to learn what I learned, and making it any easier on myself would have only hurt me growth not only with my education, but also as a individual. You should always be prepared, and that's what I believe college is, but you don't genuinly learn something until you experience it for yourself.

I would recommend rocket scientists should not attend this college.

Temple is known for a lot of things, actually. They're one of the most tech-savvy school in the country, and they have high standards for their college admissions. They are very willing to help students get as much out of their experience at the school as possible. If you ask for help, they'll gladly get back to you asap, usually within 24-48 hours if you contact them by phone or email.

I would advise myself to take more initiative. I was always very low-key and relaxed, just letting the chips fall where they may. Actually, I'd probably more than give advice; I might physically smack some sense into myself. If I would have started gathering information at an earlier date, my whole experience would have been a lot smoother. Especially in the financial aid department. Waiting last second is the absolute worst thing you can do, but it's also difficult to take your first steps if you don't know what direction you're going in. I don't think my high school did a very good job of preparing me for college any further than in education. So maybe foremost, I would advise myself to have a nice long chat with a counselor.

A person who wants to achieve great things, has a hard drive for success, and doesn't take "good enough" as an answer for anything. They need to constantly strive for perfection and knowledge in order to get the full benefit of their education.

Tabitha

Now that I am more than double my high school age, there isn't a day that goes by that I don't wish I could have done what I am doing now "Nursing". I would say, the army offered to pay for you to be a nurse, just do it. You have so many choices ahead. You could attend College of Saint Mary's or another college, without having to burden your parents. It wasn't always about how much I would have cost them if I attended college. I thought I was keeping them out of debt, never really understanding how I would have got alot of help to get in to college. That getting into college is so much more than the endless tourture of trying to fit in of high school.

This school gives me the oppurtun ity to work and attend classes.

That the education stanards were low. Anyone who shows up gets a passing grade.

Michelle

My school is the final stepping stone into getting into University of Nebraska at Omaha (next fall), so I can reach my dreams and impact as many lives as possible.

Imagine this; it?s your senior year of high school. You are the editor of the yearbook, president of three clubs, principal?s aide and captain of the tennis team. You are so busy pleasing everyone else that you forget to live for yourself. It must be pretty hard to imagine that for most people, but not me. Everything that I mentioned was everything that I was, I was living for everyone and forgetting that it was my make it or break it year. If I could go back to my senior year I have a list of things that I would change. The most important thing is; I would have picked an established four-year college and done everything imaginable to get accepted. The second thing is; I would have saved more money. I never realized college was so expensive, especially with a minimum paying job and no financial help from anyone. The third thing is; I would dropped some of my extracurricular activities. I was so intent on helping everyone that I was hurting myself and my future. However, my senior year experience has led me to my career; Secondary Education. I want to inspire and change lives.

To be quite honest, there is nothing wrong with my school. Metropolitan is a great college it is affordable and has an amazing staff. The whole reason I am there is to get my generals done. Having to pay for my own college, with no financial help is very difficult, especially this coming fall when I will be attending University of Nebraska at Omaha. Metropolitan has giving me the wings and the will to carry on my education. I recommend any of the campus?s to anyone that wants to start building their career.

Sondra

Please stop assuming that everything will get handed to you on a silver platter. Work your butt off! Pay attention in Math class, trust me, you will need it later! Start researching colleges right away! Have fun!

Metropolitan Community College Area administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.